CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning but may have damage

3 posters

Go down

Transitioning but may have damage Empty Transitioning but may have damage

Post by rs61966 2nd April 2010, 4:04 pm

Hello Ladies!!! I really need some help! I am kinda of new to doing my own hair. I have been transitioning for 14 months and for the last month, I have started doing my own hair. Prior to that, I went to the salon every two weeks....boy, my stylist is gonna miss me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but I got tried of him trying to talk me into getting a relaxer. Anywho...now that I have been doing my hair, I can only style it straight and now that I have about 4 inches of relaxed ends left, I'm afraid that my natural hair won't be curly. Can anyone give me advice as what to do? I am going to start doing roller sets in hope that all is not lost. I am not going to do the BC and I get my ends trimmed every 3 months. My hair is past my shoulders and I'm so helplessy use to wearing it straight. I've also become a PJ to the upteenth degree....my daughter is tried of stopping at the BSS!!!
rs61966
rs61966

Back to top Go down

Transitioning but may have damage Empty Re: Transitioning but may have damage

Post by Karameldiva1978 3rd April 2010, 5:38 pm

I have a question for you, why do you think your natural hair will not be curly? What happens when you shampoo and deep condition, does your natural hair hang straight like the relaxed hair? I have seen many natural ladies who prefer to wear their hair straight and do so simply by using heat protectants and do deep condition treatments to keep their hair healthy. Do you think that you have sustained heat damage?

If you don't want to BC until you get more length, you can always get a sew-in with a straight style and let your hair rest from heat and styling. I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm just looking for more detail to see if I can help answer your question is all.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by rs61966 3rd April 2010, 11:54 pm

Karameldiva1978,

Thanks so much for your concern!! My narutal hair is not really straight when I shampoo and DC, but I guess I am just concerned that because I've been straight so long, my texture may not be curly...if that makes sense. I've had a relaxer since 21, I'm 48, have always worn my hair straight, went to the salon every two weeks, etc., etc., but it's healthy. I do use heat protectants and do DC every time. I guess I won't be able to tell the texture until all of the relaxed ends are cut. I'm going to try and attach a pic so you can see how it looks. Hopefully, you can see it. Thanks again for you help!!
rs61966
rs61966

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th April 2010, 11:30 am

Rollersets are a great start. They last more than a day and doesn't require direct heat like blowdrying and flat ironing. You should continue with your DTs and check out YT for some additional styling options.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by rs61966 5th April 2010, 11:35 pm

Thank you for respondig. I am going to try my first rollerset tomorow. Your style is really prety in your pic....is that a spiral set?
rs61966
rs61966

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 6th April 2010, 11:51 am

My avatar is a pic of my very first protective style, bantu knotouts. I achieved this look with wet hair but have discontinued styling the knots with damp hair and have opted to only do them on dry hair nightly.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down