CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa's Hair Elixir & Mimosa Hair Honey

+6
MissFierce21
jlowman1
gennatay
Erica5417
LaToya28
coilykinks
10 posters

Go down

Lisa's Hair Elixir & Mimosa Hair Honey Empty Lisa's Hair Elixir & Mimosa Hair Honey

Post by coilykinks 2nd April 2010, 1:47 am

Has anyone tried the Lisa's hair elixir or the mimosa hair honey by carol's daughter?

And if so, what style did you use these products for? Did u like your results?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Lisa's Hair Elixir & Mimosa Hair Honey Empty Re: Lisa's Hair Elixir & Mimosa Hair Honey

Post by LaToya28 2nd April 2010, 10:44 am

I used Lisa's Hair Elixir long time ago and it was a good oil, but it was kinda stinky.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Lisa's Hair Elixir & Mimosa Hair Honey Empty Re: Lisa's Hair Elixir & Mimosa Hair Honey

Post by Erica5417 2nd April 2010, 11:36 am

I use the Lisa's Hair Elixir, I actually like the smell. Sage and peppermint are calming to me. I just started using it so I haven't used in it different ways yet.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gennatay 2nd April 2010, 1:22 pm

I love the Hair Elixir. I dont have the time to mix my ow oils, so this does the trick for me.
gennatay
gennatay

http://lifeamateur.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 2nd April 2010, 1:57 pm

I love the Hair Elixir as well. I actually didnt mind the smell but alot of people say they dont like it.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 2nd April 2010, 6:09 pm

I love the Lisa's Hair Elixir, especially for braidouts and twistouts, it makes my hair extremely soft.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 2nd April 2010, 9:41 pm

I have the Hair Elixir also. It's okay. I've had it for some time now actually. I picked it up the other day and plan to start reusing it as one of my oils. Won't reorder though.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 2nd April 2010, 11:46 pm

ok, I don't care for the smell either-but I used it with the mimosa hair honey last night when I twisted. I hope it comes out pretty.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 3rd April 2010, 9:42 am

What's the consistency and smell of the Mimosa hair honey? I've been interested in that one for a while.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 3rd April 2010, 9:45 am

I used the Hair Elixir and now I remember why I stopped using it. I don't like the smell...too pepperminty.

I forgot to mention I used the mimosa hair honey in the past when I had locks and really liked it. I liked the consistency and feel of it on my hair. And it held my hair well.

Can't wait to hear about your results. Hope you like it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 3rd April 2010, 11:15 am

The smell of the hair honey is great and its not too thick. You don't have to use alot either.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 5th April 2010, 11:56 pm

I used mimosa to do a twist set last week. It was great for first day but got frizzy on the second. A decent product with hold.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 6th April 2010, 4:46 pm

I like the Mimosa Hair Honey to smooth down frizziness and shine. I don't use it as a styling agent since I don't think its meant for that.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 6th April 2010, 5:50 pm

I used the mimosa hair honey when I was transitioning. It cause buildup in my hair that the Rosemary Mint Herbal Shampoo did not get out. I liked it until I realized it was causing the buildup. I don't know if its the beeswax in it or what.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 6th April 2010, 8:48 pm

Niqui36 wrote:I used the mimosa hair honey when I was transitioning. It cause buildup in my hair that the Rosemary Mint Herbal Shampoo did not get out. I liked it until I realized it was causing the buildup. I don't know if its the beeswax in it or what.

I think I had the same problem with the loc butter. It could have been one of two products but I was using the loc butter at the time.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 7th April 2010, 12:00 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:I used the Hair Elixir and now I remember why I stopped using it. I don't like the smell...too pepperminty.

I forgot to mention I used the mimosa hair honey in the past when I had locks and really liked it. I liked the consistency and feel of it on my hair. And it held my hair well.

Can't wait to hear about your results. Hope you like it.

Ok-the twist out did not come out as I expected. My hair was dry and dull. I think maybe the leave-in I used (cannot remember which one)caused the dryness. I still like both products, I just need to find other styles to use them with.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down