CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey- 4a Reviews?

+5
ciara89
freckledmom4
Naturally Esq
MsKayDee
9 posters

Go down

Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey- 4a Reviews? Empty Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey- 4a Reviews?

Post by MsKayDee 11th August 2010, 5:52 pm

Hi Ladies!

I have 4a hair and am looking for a daily moisturizer that is light and will add softness to my hair plus sheen. I came across CD's Mimosa Hair Honey. If any fellow 4a's or b's have used this, please share your review.

Thank you!
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey- 4a Reviews? Empty Re: Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey- 4a Reviews?

Post by ... 11th August 2010, 6:18 pm

I haven't really tried it, but the Mimosa Hair Honey isn't really a moisturizer so much as a light-hold styling product and something to give the hair a little sheen. You could also use it on wet hair to seal in moisture, but I would think of it as more of a styler and a sealant than an actual moisture-provider.

Back to top Go down

Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey- 4a Reviews? Empty Re: Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey- 4a Reviews?

Post by Naturally Esq 11th August 2010, 8:36 pm

I am 4a/b, I have tried CD Mimosa Hair Honey and I agree with SummerRuby. If I need to add moisture between my weekly shampoo/DC etc session, I add a little Giovanni Direct Leave In or Shea Moisture Curl Enchancing Smoothie.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 11th August 2010, 11:32 pm

I agree with them. It is good for a soft hold, but has the consistancy of hair grease. I think it's kind of heavy to use daily. I also use Giovanni direct and shea moisture for my moisturizing.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 12th August 2010, 12:06 pm

So do u use this mimosa in the addition to something else??
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by LCnewjourney 12th August 2010, 1:39 pm

I've tried Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer and I really like it. I just use a little bit, but it smells awesome and gives my hair a nice shine without too much of a greasy feel. I was trying to do some research on the ingredients (it does have cones a little way down the list), but it seems okay so far.

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 12th August 2010, 1:59 pm

ciara89 wrote:So do u use this mimosa in the addition to something else??

I no longer use Mimosa because it is so greasy. I was very disappointed in it, but fortunately I got it free in a swap at a Curly Nikki Meetup.

Last edited by Naturally Esq on 12th August 2010, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 12th August 2010, 2:32 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:
ciara89 wrote:So do u use this mimosa in the addition to something else??

I no longer use Mimosa because it is so greasy. I was very disappointed in it, but fortunately I got it free in a sway at a Curly Nikki Meetup.

Aww ok..I was just curious about it..I dont want anything that is thick on my hair, because it won't absorb as well.. and it doesnt sound like a moisturing products just something you have to put on everyday, which is what I'm not looking for at the moment.
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th August 2010, 9:17 pm

I used it a long time ago when I first went natural. It had a nice smell. But it's more of a pomade. I can use a pomade for my edges in place of a gel. But I can find others that are just as good or better for the price if that's all I'm going to use it for. Rolling Eyes

nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 17th August 2010, 1:46 am

Thanks Ladies! Much appreciated Smile
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by luvnlaugh09 20th August 2010, 4:01 pm

I use the hair honey on my wash and go's. it helps moisturize, add shine,and it makes my curls pop.everyone's hair is different though. I also use it to adda little moisture and shine to my next day twist out.

luvnlaugh09

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 20th August 2010, 10:39 pm

I use it everyday. My hair is 4B, very thick and can be very dry. The mimosa hair honey help me retain moisture and give me a great shine. I find it to be very light, not heavy at all. I've used it on the twist out in my avatar for shine.
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down