CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DvaAuNaturel

+47
Mom2KurlyT
Ebbz
wyldhoney
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
iri9109
Buttercup76
jlowman1
QuietButterfly
NaturallyCLD
priceless
coilykinks
CocoEuro
swoodward
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Karyn
TMS
Notthecoolmom
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
AfrikanLatina
krazy coils
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
CocaColaCutie
Muz
ktoliver5303
jcanalena79
newcurlieque
ChrsLvsBks
neethair
BlondeByDesire
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
LaToya28
MellowOne
NhappyJackie
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
SheeTacular
mstokes2008
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
51 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

DvaAuNaturel - Page 39 Empty Re: DvaAuNaturel

Post by NubieNatty 18th August 2010, 8:40 am

giiiiirl go head n try that dmn rinse! ur hair is already black n the rinse wont do much anywayz. it aint like u bleachin it or liftin color...PUNK geek

glad to see ur ok though! we missed u, i know we got somethin else comin soon too though!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th August 2010, 6:40 pm

NubieNatty wrote:giiiiirl go head n try that dmn rinse! ur hair is already black n the rinse wont do much anywayz. it aint like u bleachin it or liftin color...PUNK geek

glad to see ur ok though! we missed u, i know we got somethin else comin soon too though!
TOO FUNNY! lol!

Hey Dva!

I surely know about the "have job/won't complain" thing...right there as we speak! :-)

Take care!

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 18th August 2010, 6:57 pm

Just stopping by to say hey!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th August 2010, 12:23 am

Hey Shee....loving your new avi.

LOL @ Nubie....yes, I'm such a punk. I might try it this weekend. If my hair turns green I'm coming to see you....lol.

@ Ryl1-Amen (I try to remember that daily)
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 19th August 2010, 1:03 pm

Do it Dva! I used the jazzing on my hair last week. It didn't do much honestly but I'm going to give it another go with heat, in a few months.

Nubie- you're a mess!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th August 2010, 1:13 pm

Good Morning Curly Divas,
I haven't posted much detail about my hair but for the past few weeks I've been protective styling my hair via flat twists. I've enjoyed the freedom of not having to do my hair all week. I've been either shampooing or cowashing my hair on Sunday, applying the Kimmaytube leave in mix and the twisting. Mid week I do them again using a little Qhemet Olive Honey Balm and either Burdock Root Butter Cream or Alma Olive Cream. I'm hoping this will help my growth and health of my hair.

My product rotation has pretty much been the same. Giovanni SAS poo buffered with Suave. I won't be using Suave anymore after it's gone. It's not all that moisturising for my hair. For my cowash I'm using Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and YTCucumbers to detangle.

I think my hair is growing normally and I haven't noticed anything abnormal. How do you know if everything is on track? What are your barometers for hair success? Hope that makes sensse.

I'll continue the protective styles but I'm rotate between flat twist and two strand twists. I hate, hate, hate seeing the gray hair when I do the flat twist. UUUUGGGGHHH! It makes me look so old. Damn awful indigo-NEVER AGAIN (yes, I'm still annoyed about it but over the fact that I can't do anything about it yet). Anyway, my 6 month hair anniversary is approaching. I'm planning to do an official hair schedule to help me stay on track and hopefully see better progress in the next 6 mos.

Enjoy your day curlies. TTYS!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th August 2010, 1:46 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Good Morning Curly Divas,
I haven't posted much detail about my hair but for the past few weeks I've been protective styling my hair via flat twists. I've enjoyed the freedom of not having to do my hair all week. I've been either shampooing or cowashing my hair on Sunday, applying the Kimmaytube leave in mix and the twisting. Mid week I do them again using a little Qhemet Olive Honey Balm and either Burdock Root Butter Cream or Alma Olive Cream. I'm hoping this will help my growth and health of my hair.

My product rotation has pretty much been the same. Giovanni SAS poo buffered with Suave. I won't be using Suave anymore after it's gone. It's not all that moisturising for my hair. For my cowash I'm using Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and YTCucumbers to detangle.

I think my hair is growing normally and I haven't noticed anything abnormal. How do you know if everything is on track? What are your barometers for hair success? Hope that makes sensse.

I'll continue the protective styles but I'm rotate between flat twist and two strand twists. I hate, hate, hate seeing the gray hair when I do the flat twist. UUUUGGGGHHH! It makes me look so old. Damn awful indigo-NEVER AGAIN (yes, I'm still annoyed about it but over the fact that I can't do anything about it yet). Anyway, my 6 month hair anniversary is approaching. I'm planning to do an official hair schedule to help me stay on track and hopefully see better progress in the next 6 mos.

Hey dva, I have just started protective styling this week. I am going to do 4 days twisted and 3 days out. Mt 6th month is approching too next month, and since the weather will be getting cooler i think this protective styling may work. I have been all over the place with products, so I am going to stick with the same ones for the next month to see how my hair is doing. I just cant wait until this color is gone, ugggg never again will color my hair using dye!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th August 2010, 5:12 pm

Hey Dva...

Girl I know how it is 3 jobs/1 person. Hang in there...like you said it will settle down. I've been thinking about your henna delima. scratch So what I'm trying to understand is you didn't like henna because you had to henna often because of the grey right?

If so I understand what you are saying, but listen to this for a sec..

I colored my hair about 2 months after my bc. Now my reasoning was I wanted to monitor my growth....crazy right? Well, I really didn't know how to take care of my hair then, and now I have a little damage. (which I'm slowly getting ride of as I trim every two months)

Now I want to see the benefits of color from henna as well as take advantage of the conditioning benefits. So I'm doing a henna every two weeks. I'm trying to achieve a burgundy color...LOL

Once I strated to henna I noticed that I need to henna every three weeks to keep my grey under wraps. I can do this and not be afraid of over processing my hair. It seem that Penny really starting growing after I rotated henna into my monthly regiment. Now this could be my imagination.....who knows but I'll take the growth for $100 Alex...LOL

I say all of this so you will know that I was using rinses two weeks after I did my color. So...if you use color what will you do when your grey comes back in? Cause it will in about 2 weeks....

Just wanted to share my personal experience with color and rinses, and that is why I henna. I really don't want to damage my natural hair. I don't thing Penny is strong enough for that. Now S23 and Sweet...girl they can so rock color, and not lose a strand of hair. Eveyone ones hair is different, and you may have the same success. However, as my mother says "you can't color grey with permanent color" it is a temporary fix until your grey/hair starts growing in about 2 weeks!

Sorry for such a long post....just wanted to give you something to think about!!

Would love to see some pictures!!! LOL

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th August 2010, 6:13 pm

KNH thanks for sharing. I understand what you're saying completely. My issue isn't with the henna though...it's the indigo. The possible damage is a concern but my plan when I do is to DC alot and also I'll be having my hair professionally colored at the salon so I can lessen the possiblilty of damage.

I'm so torn now because I called the henna for hair/mehandi today and after telling them a little about my situation she said my hair just probably grows fast (hence all the gray so quickly after color). This got me thinking about what I'll do with permanent color and having to go to the salon to get it colored regularly. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it but I did get a little bit of good news. I was told by the hennaforhair lady that can color my hair, I just can't go too light. Still not the greatest news because at some point I'll have to trim the indigo on my ends as my hair grows out.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th August 2010, 6:18 pm

CrissyQ wrote:

Hey dva, I have just started protective styling this week. I am going to do 4 days twisted and 3 days out. Mt 6th month is approching too next month, and since the weather will be getting cooler i think this protective styling may work. I have been all over the place with products, so I am going to stick with the same ones for the next month to see how my hair is doing. I just cant wait until this color is gone, ugggg never again will color my hair using dye!

Good luck with the protective styling. That seems to be the ticket. I have to stop thinking about wanting to wear my hair out and let it be. I'm getting better at the products although I still want to buy some Bee Mine badly. I'm pretty much using the same things regularly. I still have a bunch of stuff I haven't touched (CD, SheaMoisture, Curls for Target, Jane Carter).

You trying to get rid of your dye and I'm trying to get some color...lol!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th August 2010, 7:19 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:

Good luck with the protective styling. That seems to be the ticket. I have to stop thinking about wanting to wear my hair out and let it be. I'm getting better at the products although I still want to buy some Bee Mine badly. I'm pretty much using the same things regularly. I still have a bunch of stuff I haven't touched (CD, SheaMoisture, Curls for Target, Jane Carter).

You trying to get rid of your dye and I'm trying to get some color...lol!

lol! Too funny....
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 20th August 2010, 12:17 pm

Sounds like from what the lady at the henna site said you have healthy growing hair. You grow girl! I have grays too. What makes it so bad is they're right in the front!! I henna and a week later, they're peeking right back out at me. By the second week they're staging a full-fledged comeback. I'd love to be a "natural" redhead. I have really fine hair though so I just can't drastically color it. I have a niece by marriage that wears her hair natural and either bleaches it or gets is colored blonde (which there must be some bleaching going on in there somewhere because her roots are jet black). The blonde (kinda honeyish) looks good on her. But her hair is so thick she can swing it. I'm afraid I'll lose what I have left if I try anything! So I just henna, hate that it doesn't get any redder and come stare at all y'all! Can't wait to see your new color!! bounce
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd August 2010, 11:22 am

Hey Natty,

I understand your dilemma. Can you go to the salon, maybe they can help you get color and still pamper your hair since it's fine and ensure it remains in tact.

Redhead huh, spicy! That would be hot. Very Happy
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd August 2010, 11:32 am

Hey Curly Divas,
Today is my pamper day for Adora. I've worked in my yard this weekend and I am looking forward to doing my hair. I redid my entire garden....planted roses, shrubs, and a few other colorful flowers. It was no joke. I was almost ready a couple of times to call the landscaping company to get them to do it....it was backbreaking. But it's done and I know after all that digging and dirt flying aroud my hair is filthy.

I'd like some advice from you ladies. I recently took on a part time job but it hasn't started yet because it's a new store and won't open til October. I have a couple of things I want to do with the extra income, pay down debt, save for another home so I can also keep my current one as rental property and lastly I want to adopt and it is not cheap. I know...that's a lot going on. I earn a pretty decent income as a single woman and know that with a little belt tightening I could do all the extra things on my current income. I've cut back drastically on unnecessary spending so I'm working on it. Anyway, my dilemma is that I want to start my own dog walking business (as a side hustle) and know that if I'm working 2 jobs and try to do that it might be too much. I just watched Joel Osteen and he talked about how God gives you ideas and opportunities to pursue and how they have the possibility to take your life to the next level. I'm really tired of workign for others and would really like to control my own destiny this go round but I don't know if I should let the part time gig go. Everytime I think about the pt job I think about how years ago as a younger woman I worked pt (retail) and ft. I feel like I'm repeating things and going backward instead of going forward. What do you think? I hope this makes sense.

Enjoy your Sunday curlies.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd August 2010, 2:29 pm

My job is to help get kids adopted so I can give you some info if you like. Though it may be a little different in your state than the state I'm in.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 22nd August 2010, 2:41 pm

Hi DVA,
You created a very insightful post. You asked the question, how does one get to the next level in one’s life. You already work fulltime, you’re taking on a pt. job, and you want to start your own business. In addition you would like to adopt. Wow, I’m in awe and proud of you. If you don’t mind, here’s my 2 cents  . I listen to Joel Olsten also and I like his advice. What I usually get from him is, don’t put yourself in a box. I know you’ll keep your full time job. But in order to manage your part time with a new business can be tricky. Again think “no boxes”. What’s wrong with doing all 3 at the same time. With some time management you could do all 3 and find new contacts for your dog walking business from the part time gig. With the retail, try to set your schedule with limited days per week or set a financial don’t go a penny or an hour over because then you’ll be cutting into your dog walking business. Here’s the caveat, your dog walking business might start off meeting your financial goals. If it does then ask yourself do you need the part time gig. Just keep in mind no boxes and step out on faith.

Adoption WOW! Have you thought about foster care prior to adoption? When providing foster care you can state the age range and that you are open to adopting a child that has been placed with you. In addition foster children are provided health care and other services to help transition them into your home. Again no boxes and step out on faith.

I remember years ago I worked fulltime, was taking care of my sickly father, my children were very young, and I was in grad school. I stepped out on faith, put my blinders on and every minute of my day was scheduled. And, I knew it was only going to be like that for a season. You are a lot stronger than you realize and remember no boxes and step out on faith. I hope this helps

Hurricane Curly Camille
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd August 2010, 6:04 pm

Hey DVA,

Decisions, decisions. I like the advice Hurricane Curly gave you. I was also thinking that you could start out doing all three (your schedule permitting). If the dog walking business takes off then you could quit the part-time and just do the full-time job and the dogwalking business with the possibility of the dogwalking business becoming your full-time business. Write down and set your goals and set a time frame for how you would like to accomplish this to get to that next level.

The whole color dilemma is too much to think over . No Color, Rinse or Henna ? It makes you dizzy just thinking about it (lol)

Last edited by krazy coils on 22nd August 2010, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 23rd August 2010, 11:14 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:My job is to help get kids adopted so I can give you some info if you like. Though it may be a little different in your state than the state I'm in.

Thanks WTRH. I'll PM you to get some info. My girlfriend adopted a few ago in North Carolina and told me to look outside of Maryland because of their laws.

Hurricane Curly wrote:Hi DVA,
You created a very insightful post. You asked the question, how does one get to the next level in one’s life. You already work fulltime, you’re taking on a pt. job, and you want to start your own business. In addition you would like to adopt. Wow, I’m in awe and proud of you. If you don’t mind, here’s my 2 cents  . I listen to Joel Olsten also and I like his advice. What I usually get from him is, don’t put yourself in a box. I know you’ll keep your full time job. But in order to manage your part time with a new business can be tricky. Again think “no boxes”. What’s wrong with doing all 3 at the same time. With some time management you could do all 3 and find new contacts for your dog walking business from the part time gig. With the retail, try to set your schedule with limited days per week or set a financial don’t go a penny or an hour over because then you’ll be cutting into your dog walking business. Here’s the caveat, your dog walking business might start off meeting your financial goals. If it does then ask yourself do you need the part time gig. Just keep in mind no boxes and step out on faith.

Adoption WOW! Have you thought about foster care prior to adoption? When providing foster care you can state the age range and that you are open to adopting a child that has been placed with you. In addition foster children are provided health care and other services to help transition them into your home. Again no boxes and step out on faith.

I remember years ago I worked fulltime, was taking care of my sickly father, my children were very young, and I was in grad school. I stepped out on faith, put my blinders on and every minute of my day was scheduled. And, I knew it was only going to be like that for a season. You are a lot stronger than you realize and remember no boxes and step out on faith. I hope this helps

Hurricane Curly Camille

Hey Hurricane Curly! Thanks so much for your thoughtful and insightful response. It was/is very helpful. I was initially thinking I could do all three as well but I think fear started to set in and I started doubting myself. And it's funny you mention sticking to a set working schedule for the p/t gig. I was thinking that I need to be very specific with them about my schedule from the jump so I can manage everything if I decided to move forward with all three. I don't want to limit myself at all. And with all that you did - going to school, taking care of your dad, and raising kids - I might need some time management advice. Very Happy What an inspiration - wow!

I did consider and looked into foster care. I researched and attended some meetings and decided that isn't the best avenue for me. Most, if not all, agencies are focused on reunification and I don't want to deal with the back and forth and issues that come with that. I'm also looking for a much younger child and most agencies the kids are older. I plan to go through an agency or private placement through an attorney.

krazy coils wrote:Hey DVA,

Decisions, decisions. I like the advice Hurricane Curly gave you. I was also thinking that you could start out doing all three (your schedule permitting). If the dog walking business takes off then you could quit the part-time and just do the full-time job and the dogwalking business with the possibility of the dogwalking business becoming your full-time business. Write down and set your goals and set a time frame for how you would like to accomplish this to get to that next level.

The whole color dilemma is too much to think over . No Color, Rinse or Henna ? It makes you dizzy just thinking about it (lol)

KC, thank you for weighing in. I'd like to try and do it all and not limit myself. If it gets to be too much I can adjust where needed. And I do need to lay out a plan so everything is carefully mapped out. Besides, if I put it on paper I'm really putting it out there for it to become real and attainable.

And I'm not even going there about the color. OMG! I put my rinse in yesterday. What a mess.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd August 2010, 12:04 pm

hey Dva I think HD, gave good adivce as well. I am now reading a book called A new You. This book has really helped with with diffrent situations in my life (as well as the Bible). I am almost done with it, i can send it to you to read, good things are worth sharing.

Here is somehthing that I read from it "May God bless you and give you your heart's desire. ThaT's what makes life so exciting.... that with God's help, every day is a new beginning as you become "A New You"
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 23rd August 2010, 2:08 pm

Hey Dva! I came by to say hi and as I'm reading I like the advice you got already. Especially the no boxes concept. I love Joel's positivity. You need a lot of that to be able to do things these days with all the negativity going on. Inspired ideas come along and I believe that it's God giving us the opportunity to act. Pray about it. I love the prayer that if it's the Lord's will that I do xyz that the Lord would open doors that no man can shut and if it's not to close doors that no man can open. Take a step and see what happens. If doors start opening and you have peace about them, take another step and just remain prayerful. I was thinking about this the other day like, what if I heard God wrong and I took a step that wasn't right for me. And immediately, in my spirit I was reminded of the journey the Israelites took to the promised land. They took the long way when the trip was only like 11 days. But they got there. Or Abraham and Lot when they had to separate. Whichever way Abraham went, He still had a promise from God that all the nations would be blessed through him. In the end, God is sovereign and as long as You trust Him, you will get to the promised land He has sworn to you. We can shorten it by not doing the things the Israelites did to stay out in the wilderness. But, if we mess up along the way, make a wrong choice or whatever, no matter what, we will always get to where He has planned for use to be if we continue to trust Him and not lose heart. "Every place that the sole of your foot treads upon, that have I given to you" (Deut 11:24). EVERY place. How can you lose with that kind of promise? It's impossible. So, no worries. Do your best to do what you believe He wants you to do and let Him handle the outcomes.

About the dyeing, I'm just too chicken. I'm afraid to put any kind of chemical on my hair anymore. But I'm thinking about learning extensions in the almost near future so I can get some red hair in my head. Smile
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd August 2010, 2:11 pm

I love the prayer that if it's the Lord's will that I do xyz that the Lord would open doors that no man can shut and if it's not to close doors that no man can open. Take a step and see what happens. If doors start opening and you have peace about them, take another step and just remain prayerful.

Well said natty
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th August 2010, 6:46 pm

Hey lady!! Praying that it all works out!!

Smooches.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 25th August 2010, 10:49 pm

How did I get so behind in visitin'? (whine...) I was going to ask you about the indigo and if it faded at all and here all this other stuff is going on and Nubie's calling you a punk!!! Dag!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 25th August 2010, 10:51 pm

My only advice at this time is God made us so that we would sleep 8 hours a day. Don't forget it.

Ok, I take that back - that's not my ONLY advice. Gray hair is notoriously difficult and annoying. It resists coloring and styling for a lot of women. Some are terribly lucky and have no issues at all. Some ladies can get away with wonderful changes (see those hot mamas Blondie and BlondebyDesire or the lucky Sweet). Then there are those like me who once had permanent black dye wipe off on my hands on my then gray-free hair. I laugh when I think about how my hair would react now because my hair when damaged resists dye like nobody's business. Now most hair colors are a joke. A permanent color has to be very powerful to color my hair - which is probably strong enough to break my hair off. My gray shrugs Jazzing off like an unwanted hand at the club. I tried Surya Henna creme and got a whopping 2 shampoos out of it and that was with porous relaxed ends.

If you have grey and you want cover it with permanent dye, see a trusted professional. The beauty of henna, amla and indigo is you can do it yourself without giving yourself an accidental depilatory treatment of the head. (I'll shave my head shiny when I am ready to join a Buddhist monastery!) That said, there are some products (Naturtint - semi permanent or Surya - rinse) that can also give you nice results so you can play. In fact, if you need a quick fix Surya comes in soft black and contains henna and should cover your gray for a short period without compromising the indigo. Still, I would get thyself to a hairdresser that you trust if and when you decide to dye and prepared to fork over the $$$ 'cause your hair grows fast and the gray is going to show - and that's GOOD because it means your hair is growing.

I am glad you brought this up because my brat wants her hair dyed black and I suspected that indigo was permanent. I am going to Whole foods and grab a rinse for her to try. Remember, you look beautiful with black hair and beautiful with salt & pepper. So you don't have to rush.
Sorry for the long post!!!

Last edited by swoodward on 26th August 2010, 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added a LOT of text - don't be mad!)
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 26th August 2010, 8:51 am

Morning Dva...

You have gotten some great advice. When I want to make a decision I pray about it and listen to what God puts in my spirit. Then I make my decision. I admire you for having goals, and I think they are all attainable. Remember to make sure to keep Dva in sight...you don't want to take on so much and forget to put some time a side to do you. That's the only advice I have...

Listen to SW about grey...I'm telling you I have the same issue so I just do henna but I use the BQA (?) henna. I henna now every two weeks because I want to see the color more on my black hair; however, I really don't have to do it but once a month. It really covers my grey well.

Have a great day...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum