CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Want Brown Hair Not Red

+12
ChicagoChica
IndyPie
EllaMomi2002
Free2Be
Kema
R2D2
envizionj
Juices-n-Berries
catcurls
LaToya28
ButterQueen
Beautifulyfe
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I Want Brown Hair Not Red - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want Brown Hair Not Red

Post by mojitochica 27th April 2010, 8:01 pm

IndyPie wrote:I'm the opposite, Ladies. I want red hair. Please recommend some henna that produce red on dark brown hair.

Peace and blessings

IndyPie, henna will not lighten dark hair, so it will not make your hair red.
mojitochica
mojitochica

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/mojitochica/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 6th May 2010, 3:51 pm

Ditto on this one. Any rec's??
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by Meniko 17th August 2010, 8:02 pm

I just received the Cocoa henna bundle from Butters n Bars (Rajsthani henna) and I am trying to figure out the best way to try since it is my first time. I still have some highlights left on the ends of my hair (front and sides only) that are a coppery/brown/blondish color....I really do not want them to turn red!!

Also, I been reading so much online about henna loosening curls that i don't want too much loosening so I just ordered some Amla powder from mehandi.com and now trying to figure out the best formula/ratio of henna/cocoa/amla to use.

I am really thinking I will do a gloss first...maybe add 2T of amla, 1 or 1/2T of henna and 1 T of cocoa to warm DI water to get a yogurt consistency, let sit to release color (maybe 15 min) then add to 1 cup of condish (Generix Matrix Biolage)? Not sure if this is enough of the henna mix....my hair when curly is right at my collar but when I pull it, my hair goes right past my shoulder....is this enough of the mix to condish???

I plan to pre-poo with Cocasta oil, poo with a shampoo bar and then apply the henna gloss mix and maybe only let sit for 30 min?? (really don't want the red....my hair is a dark brown and but in the past with permanent colors, I seem to always get a bit of red undertone)Rinse, then deep condition with Matrix under heat for 30 min, detangle, rinse and style (either wngo or braidout).

I would appreciate any suggestions regarding the mix--I want my color to be a medium warm brown....w/o significant red...I am thinking no matter how much henna I add I may still get some red tones to the ends that are still highlighted?

I hope to get the amla soon so I can try this out over the weekend!!
Meniko
Meniko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2