CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was I suppose to do?

+11
TMS
raina
newcurlieque
feelinme
jamaicanmecurly
LaToya28
Intelligentbeauty
mstokes2008
MsJay1121
Erica5417
naturallyme13
15 posters

Go down

What was I suppose to do? Empty What was I suppose to do?

Post by naturallyme13 23rd March 2010, 11:30 pm

So, I was casually perusing Target only picking up the things that I NEEDED. I was seriously saying "I think I can I think I can" to myself, willing myself to only pick up the few household items that I needed. So as I was making my way to the register with only my necessities in my little basket, I pass a shelf with Jane Carter, Miss Jessie's, and Curls just standing there like they moved it for me to see it. Of course I stopped, it's like I was back in college and was seeing a gorgeous, shirtless man pouring water over himself after a pick up game (well, you know what I mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). I have been looking for something to add sheen and a cream for my hair which seems to be a bit on the dry side after my ayurveda treatment (I applied oil before the application and DTed after...trial and error I guess). Needless to say, I ended up walking out with some JC N&S as well as Curls Curl Creme Brule in my basket [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Honestly, what was I suppose to do? I got home, spritzed my hair with my water, rosewater, EVOO mixture and applied each to two sections of my hair just to see how they work (i'll let you know later tonight after they set [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). The surprising thing about it all is that I haven't been hit with shopper's remorse!
naturallyme13
naturallyme13

Back to top Go down

What was I suppose to do? Empty Re: What was I suppose to do?

Post by Erica5417 24th March 2010, 12:07 am

naturallyme13 wrote: Of course I stopped, it's like I was back in college and was seeing a gorgeous, shirtless man pouring water over himself after a pick up game (well, you know what I mean [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ).

ROTFL! They have Curls products too?
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 24th March 2010, 12:36 am

Who said Curls? I need some Soufle!!!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme13 24th March 2010, 1:27 am

Yesss girls!!! I'm not sure if they had the Soufle, I felt a smidge guilty looking. I picked up the creme brule and it smells heavenly!!
naturallyme13
naturallyme13

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 24th March 2010, 1:53 am

Man I went in my target today specifically looking for Miss Jessies and was way to excited to try it for the first time (even though it's expensive lol) but they didn't have jack. I was so disappointed lol. Oh well, I guess saved myself some money Sad
lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th March 2010, 2:43 am

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Who said Curls? I need some Soufle!!!!

No it seems like the Curls line developed lower end products for Target. I don't know if the ingredients are the same but the names sure are not.

I WILL HAVE TO GO AND CHECK THIS ONE OUT. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 24th March 2010, 12:08 pm

From what I understand they are only in certain locations for now...I'll be glad when they are in the stores near me!! Naturallyme, you did well only leaving with two products. Hope they worked out for you!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 24th March 2010, 1:16 pm

hahaha! hilarious naturalme! I love the curls souffle! Thankfully, my target doesn't have it but not like this has stopped me from buying things off line. I'm really trying hard to at least get through the rest of march without buying anything new. We'll see how I do!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 24th March 2010, 1:16 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:
No it seems like the Curls line developed lower end products for Target. I don't know if the ingredients are the same but the names sure are not.

Carol's Daughter did the same thing. She has a line called cExpress in walmarts. Prices are almost similar though. Just a bit cheaper.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by feelinme 24th March 2010, 2:21 pm

so you all know if any of the products at target help with shine. I am having a dry looking fro, Meaning if I touch my hai ris moisturized but when I look at it it is lacking the luster?
feelinme
feelinme

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 24th March 2010, 2:32 pm

For those of you looking for the miss jessie's products they officially hit Target on Sunday 03/28/10. They (miss jessie's) have a section on their website that will tell you which Target locations will have it.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 24th March 2010, 7:45 pm

I love curls souffle! I keep two jars on hand at all times!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 24th March 2010, 11:26 pm

@ Erica - I did not know that CD had products at walmart! Mmm you learn something new everyday!

@ Naturallyme - I almost chocked on my vanilla pudding. Boy, did I get a great visualize of some menz playing shirtless bball. Thanks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 24th March 2010, 11:47 pm

Ok I almost got my sick self up and to the target asap until I saw only certain locations Shocked They probably don't have it here natural products are so limited in my city Sad
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 24th March 2010, 11:59 pm

TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 25th March 2010, 8:50 pm

Mind updating us on the Brule? If you have tried it..consistency? pics maybe? lol I want details on this new product. Smile
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koily_K-Lo 25th March 2010, 8:55 pm

@feelin me.... I had the same issue and several of the Lovelies here gave me some solid advice. Check out "Can a Sistah Get some Sheen?".

Maybe some of their advice will work for you too.

(just in case: http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/can-a-sistah-get-some-sheen-please-t2267.htm?highlight=sistah)

Good Luck to you.
Koily_K-Lo
Koily_K-Lo

Back to top Go down

Post by brandiitneka 25th March 2010, 10:14 pm

TMS wrote:Here's a link to the locations:

[url=http://www.missjessies.com/09_storelocator/storelocator_target.htm
http://www.missjessies.com/09_storelocator/storelocator_target.htm[/quote[/url]]

Thanks for the link!! I was gonna be too dissapointed if the store here in Huntsville wasnt gettin miss jessies. I ran in there lookin like a fool the other day expecting to see it there but I am glad to know it will be here on Sunday!!
brandiitneka
brandiitneka

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme13 28th March 2010, 1:21 am

@TMS--lol thanks! that's about how I felt when I saw the products.

@NikG20--I don't have pictures yet (maybe tomorrow), but the consistency is a thick cream (a little goes a long way). The smell is heavenly and it has moisturized my hair very well.

Overall, my hair no longer looks like it is starving for moisture since I've started using the Brule and JC N&S (its a rich dark black rather than tinged with an ashy color)!

I didn't know there was a difference with the Curls products but it's called CURLS for Target and here are the ingredients for the Brule:

curl creme brule
cream styler used to define and moisturize curls w/o hold
no sulfates, silicones, parabens, mineral or petrolatum oils!
Ingredients:
Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine Soya (Soybean) oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Clyceryl Stearate, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Certified Organic Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.
(I typed it out so if I misspelled something, my apologies)
naturallyme13
naturallyme13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down