CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to kinky, curly, fab hair!!!

5 posters

Go down

Road to kinky, curly, fab hair!!! Empty Road to kinky, curly, fab hair!!!

Post by Natural_GlamDoll 23rd March 2010, 1:15 pm

As of right now I'm transitioning with a sew-in weave. I would like to know ways that I could grow my hair so that the process will go by much faster. I plan to transition for a year because I really want length to my curls. Being that I can't wash my hair as often as most people because my hair is braided underneath my weave, I would love for some advice about products and vitamins I could use to help me.
Natural_GlamDoll
Natural_GlamDoll

Back to top Go down

Road to kinky, curly, fab hair!!! Empty Re: Road to kinky, curly, fab hair!!!

Post by DivinelyDesigned 23rd March 2010, 1:40 pm

In my experience, growing your hair is moreso about techniques than by products. Just by simply leaving your hair alone and letting it rest in your sew-in, you are already on the right path. Good luck.

Last edited by DivinelyDesigned on 23rd March 2010, 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
DivinelyDesigned
DivinelyDesigned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mo1908 23rd March 2010, 1:55 pm

I agree with DivinelyDesigned. I've been transitioning since last summer and the best thing I've done for my hair is just hydrate and leave it alone. A sew-in isn't stressful on the hair so it's probably thanking you.
Mo1908
Mo1908

http://www.twitter.com/mo1908

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 23rd March 2010, 2:28 pm

Growth aids and vitamins work well for some people.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 24th March 2010, 10:30 am

I began my transition with sew-ins and found this protective style very beneficial to my hair. I initially wore straight partials and then straight full weaves. I didn't like the "wiggy" look and decided to invest in some quality textured hair. I purchased my hair from www.halleyscurls.com and fell in love with natural hair. This particular blend helped me envision what my hair may grow to be and I loved the fact that I was able to leave my horeshoe out and not worry about blending.

I cowashed weekly as I do now and removed the initial installs every 6 weeks followed by a protein treatment and trimmed ends between installations. My last install was worn from Labor Day-post Thanksgiving and Im glad I made the investment.

Wearing sew-ins is a great start and you can wash your hair regularly just make sure you wash in between the braids and dry completely. Give your hair the time it needs to grow and and nourish. I've been transitioning for nearly 18 months and hope to BC in either June or September.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down