CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Addicted to tingling/cooling effect

5 posters

Go down

Addicted to tingling/cooling effect Empty Addicted to tingling/cooling effect

Post by SasahT 21st March 2010, 10:29 pm

I am currently in my 6th month of transitioning from relaxed to natural. I found this website about a month ago and have been reading all the posts/blogs since. This is my first post, but believe me I have been obsessively searching these forums for new products/hair ideas. I must say that everyone seems soo nice and supportive here!

Anyway, I just wanted to share about my new favorite conditioner. I was a product junkie when I was completely relaxed, but since finding curlynikki, my addiction has become out of control, lol! I found Suave Professionals-Rosemary Mint while searching for new products at Target two weeks ago. It caught my eye b/c it said "mint" and I love anything that makes my skin tingle or feel cool. The first time I tried it to co-wash I fell in love, but I only kept it in my hair for a few minutes! First, it is extremely cheap. I believe I paid $3.80 for a quart size bottle. Second, it is like aroma therapy in the shower. The smell mixed with the steam of a hot shower makes me feel sooooo relaxed! Third, it makes my hair silky smooth and smell so good. The comb feels like it is just falling through my hair! Fourth and best, it makes my scalp tingly and cool. I am seriously in love with this product!!
Today I washed my hair with a acv/diluted shampoo mix, then worked some of my beloved condioner in my hair. I combed through then added more and did a scalp massage in the shower. I piled my hair on top of my head and let the conditioner sit, while I washed up. I also used my fav. face wash Garnier Nutrioniste daily exfoliating gel cleanser (which also has the tingly/cool)effect. My entire head/face was in heaven [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I didn't want to get out of the shower, lol! Does anyone else have an obsession with products that tingle/cool? If so have you tried the Suave Rosemary Mint? Also, if you know of any other awesome tingly/cool products please let me know. I am always looking for new/better products for my hair and body!
SasahT
SasahT

http://members.fotki.com/Sasaht/about/

Back to top Go down

Addicted to tingling/cooling effect Empty Re: Addicted to tingling/cooling effect

Post by tiashaunteé 22nd March 2010, 11:26 am

Suave Rosemary Mint is on my list right behind the almond. I can't buy anything else because my shelf is full, lol
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Addicted to tingling/cooling effect Empty Re: Addicted to tingling/cooling effect

Post by Juices-n-Berries 23rd March 2010, 5:41 am

You are not alone. I LOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEE a good tingle. And I've been looking for a good cowash conditioner that tingles. I don't have a Trader Joe's in my area so theirs isn't an option and I don't really like the Giovanni one. Sooooooo... I will be purchasing this conditioner TOMORROW. Sad, I know. I'm such a PJ. Smh.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 26th March 2010, 1:10 pm

Years ago I used Fantasia peppermint conditioners. Gave great tingles/cooling. Now I'll simply add drops of peppermint EO to any conditioner to achieve the same effect!
I love a tingling/cooling scalp in warmer mnths!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 31st March 2010, 11:22 am

I'm sad. I tried this conditioner on Sunday and it didn't tingle as much as k wanted. Actually it didn't tingle at all, nor did it give a cool sensation. And I was really excited. I think I might be immune to mild tingle. My obsession is like a drug, I need more each time. Lol. How long did you leave it on before it started tingling? I thought I let it sit a while but maybe not.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by SasahT 2nd April 2010, 2:49 pm

I cowashed with it first, then did a scalp massage, then I put more on and let it sit while I did the rest on my shower routine. It tinged/cooled pretty well for my but maybe that's because I did the scalp massage first. I know when I just co-wash with it the sensation is very mild.
SasahT
SasahT

http://members.fotki.com/Sasaht/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 2nd April 2010, 2:56 pm

Hello fellow chicagoian. I will have to try this, I see it all the time and pass it up. thanks for sharing.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down