CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁

+40
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Renny
authenticbeauty
coilykinks
Ebbz
jlowman1
priceless
zanajh
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
krazy coils
TMS
~JOME~
mrsmackey
CurlsGalore
HappyCurly
BrownSkinDiva
DvaAuNaturel
SheeTacular
tiashaunteé
mstokes2008
CocoEuro
Intelligentbeauty
poeticlyspkng
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
neethair
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
NubieNatty
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
bholmes87
Muz
44 posters

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Empty Re: ❁❁ Muz ❁❁

Post by Muz 5th April 2010, 10:32 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I enjoyed catching up. Your puffs look great!

You are going to do wonderful when all natural, cannot wait to see what you do.

Thanks Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So my puff lasted through Easter, it was really cute. I woke up this morning and decided to flat twist my hair since I've had it out so much the last couple of weeks, so right now I'm sitting here with my hair flat twisted and my satin scarf and bonnet on. It took me about an hour to do, and my the end I was tired. They aren't tight in the back (as usual), but I really don't care. I'll probably leave it like this until it's time to wash it and then I'll just wash it, no twist-out because I know the twists aren't that good. They were easier to do on dry hair though, so I know I'm not going to attempt them on wet hair anymore, at least not until these permed ends are off.

Here's a pic so you can get an idea of what I have to deal with. LOL

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr5-210

It was already stretched from the braidout. , but I did commit a "no no" and comb my dry hair (I had to). Also, I used Castor Oil mixed with Jojoba Oil to oil my scalp as I went, I know I've been doing bad because I'm having dryness issues with my scalp. and I put carol's daughter Tui Oil on my hair as I twisted, when I finished I sprayed a little water on it before tying it up. I'll probably just keep spraying water on it until it's time for me to wash it.

I've been going back and forth, but I'm pretty sure I'll be ready to cut it next month, I'm so over the permed ends.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th April 2010, 11:04 am

Wow you transitioned for a year, great job! Those twist look good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 5th April 2010, 11:10 am

It hasn't been a year yet, I'm still in my 10th month. LOL, it will be a year on May 23rd. And Thanks! I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm not satisfied with them, but I'm getting better Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 6th April 2010, 12:17 pm

So I'm just not feeling good today. Temperatures are already getting into the 80s here (what the hell happened to nice mid-70s for April?), my scalp is itching something fierce, and I've been scratching which leads to scabs (mostly in the middle/back) ~sigh~ at least they aren't chemical burns, but I need to figure out how to get it to stop itching. My hair is still in flat twists. . . I have a headache that I woke up with and persisted through my work-out, I think it may be because I'm hungry, so I'll eat and see if it goes away. And now I'm off to get a bowl of cereal.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th April 2010, 4:12 pm

It's wash day! I think my head was hurting from the flat twists yesterday because when I took them out, the headache went away. I swear I didn't know they were that tight. Anywhoo, to give my and my scalp a break I decided to just put them in medium-large twists with some magnetic rollers on the end to weigh them down a bit. When my hair gets to be about 90% dry, I'll probably put some satin rollers on the end and leave my hair like that until I have to go somewhere. I'm hoping that will also help with my itchy scalp.

So here's what I did today:

1. Wash with ORS Aloe Shampoo (I needed to shampoo, but I did put a bunch of EVOO on my hair the night before)
2. Co-Wash with V05 Strawberries n cream moisture milk
3. DC with Castor Oil and ORS Replenishing Conditioner (I think you can tell I really like their products).
4. Seal in moisture with Aussie Moist Hair Insurance (love this stuff), Coconut Oil (I'm not convinced it does anything for me, but it's a light oil and it's almost all gone, in this economy can't afford to waste it ~lol~) and ORS Oil Moisturizer
5. Use ORS setting mousse for the twists instead of gel

and then use clips and rollers to get it weighed down. I'll post pics of the twists sans rollers after my hair is almost dry.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th April 2010, 4:22 pm

I hope the itching stops so you can feel better!! I will come back to see pics!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th April 2010, 7:04 pm

Thanks! The itching has stopped, maybe I just needed to shampoo ~shrug~ Anywhoo, here are the pics of the twists, they aren't completely dry yet.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr7-210

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr7-211

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr7-212

and here's a close up of the front sans flash so you can get an idea of how it "really" looks as far as shine goes. LOL

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr7-213

I pinned the twists back so they wouldn't be in my face, I love how fat they are though (it kinda gives you a bit of an idea where my natural hair growth is right now). And it's happily moisturized now so I think it'll start being nice to me again. LOL. While I may like puffs, it's not warm enough to wear them all the time.

Also, earlier I forgot to mention I trimmed my ends by myself! I just clipped about an inch of stringy hair off of each twist Smile (that may be another reason why my hair seems to like me again).

Okay, I'm off to play some Mario Kart Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th April 2010, 2:35 am

WOW COMING UP ON 1 YR TRANSITION. ANY PLANS TO BC?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 8th April 2010, 2:04 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:WOW COMING UP ON 1 YR TRANSITION. ANY PLANS TO BC?

I don't know, I'm thinking about it, I was gonna do it at a year, but I don't know if I'll have enough hair to feel comfortable cutting it all off, but at the same time I'm anxious to see my natural hair without the permed ends. I probably will do it at a year because I can do WNGs all summer and maybe I won't have to deal with dryness as much.

Today I just pinned my twists up so they are out of my face and off of my neck

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr8-210
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th April 2010, 5:16 am

well you are doing an awesome job in this transition process. Just wonderful!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th April 2010, 8:52 am

WOW you have a lot of hair..I really didn't see very much relaxed ends. From the looks of your hair I think you will be pleased from the results of your bc!!

Have a great weekend!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 9th April 2010, 1:02 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:well you are doing an awesome job in this transition process. Just wonderful!!! Very Happy

Thank you! Smile

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW you have a lot of hair..I really didn't see very much relaxed ends. From the looks of your hair I think you will be pleased from the results of your bc!!

Have a great weekend!!!

KNH

Yeah, my hair is pretty thick, that was one of the lame excuses I was using to keep perming it. But actually, the more it grows out, the easier it is to deal with because curls are forming instead of just that thick unruly fuzz that was newgrowth between perms. I only wish I'd decided to stop perming sooner. And that pic may be a bit deceiving. my edges don't grow as fast as the middle (that's where most of my length always was when perming). So the back is almost all natural, the front still has about 3-4 inches of permed ends and I think the middle is about half and half stretched. You can tell better when I do small two strand twists like this from Feb 25th:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Feb25-10
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Feb25-12

you can see it a little in the pics of the big twists above. The fat part is natural, the skinny part (ugh) is permed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm not doing anything with my hair today, I think I've been manipulating it too much the last couple of weeks, so I just pulled the twists back into a ponytail.

Last night I was playing with one of the little curls on the bottom of my neck and you can kinda see what my curls will look like. I also took a pic of it stretched so you can see the shrinkage (that for some reason continues to amaze me. LOL). All that I put on it was water, some Aussie Hair Insurance leave in, and some ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing cream. When it dried it was so soft! I think I may do that for my entire head after I'm fully natural instead of using gels.

This is mostly dry:
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr8-211

This is totally dry:
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr8-212

This is stretched:
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr8-213

Also, I already know I'm going have a SERIOUS case of HIH syndrome when I'm permed ends free, I already can't stop touching the curly part of my hair if I'm just sitting watching TV or reading a book. LOL

Oh, and I did the Castor Oil Challenge from the grow long forum, I wasn't as diligent as I should have been, but you can see the results here.

Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 12th April 2010, 12:38 pm

So, I totally cheated my way through my exercise today, I'll probably do a free step for 30 mins tonight to make up for it. I did lose 4 pounds last week, but my weight is fluctuating too much for my tastes. I think I'm going to start taking walks during the day or something to get out of the house and to get some more exercise/fresh air. I need to get some type of dog repellent though, or catch the bus downtown to do it. The thing about residential areas is people have dogs, and I'm terrified of dogs (I don't care how docile you claim it is). I would go down to the mall, but I don't think it'd be fair to do that to myself since I have no money with which to shop.

My scalp hasn't been itching much, I think it's because of the Castor Oil I've been putting on it almost every night (I'm taking the extension of the challenge seriously).

Yesterday I was playing BINGO Luau on Pogo (for free) and watching a Lifetime movie, when I decided that I am going to go on and cut off the permed ends on May 23rd (or around that date). I'm anxious to see my curls, and at this rate my next trim will leave the back of my hair completely natural. Most of my length is in the middle/top where I'll probably have to cut off 5-6 inches (right now it's about half and half with regard to natural vs. permed). So for this next month or so I'm going to do everything I can to get it to grow out as much as possible.

The only thing I have left to decide on that front is who's going to cut it. I'm tempted to have a friend cut the back and I'll cut the front, then if I need to get it shaped and I don't think it will cost me too much length, I'll go see my regular stylist. How does that sound for a plan? I think my natural parts are pretty much even all over in their respective sections.

Anywhoo, I'm off to do some cleaning or something Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 13th April 2010, 6:23 pm

Nothing really new going on. I have noticed that my scalp isn't itching like crazy like it normally would by this time, maybe it was putting the Castor Oil on my scalp more frequently. Still have the twists in (and they are actually starting to look kinda raggedy. LOL, but I don't want to take them out until wash time).

I tried the Oil Cleansing Method on my face last night, it didn't feel any different/better right after doing it, but it felt pretty good when I woke up this morning. I'm going to try it again tonight and see what happens.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 14th April 2010, 3:18 pm

Okay, I was washing my face this morning and I noticed some strange discoloration around my edges. I've been putting Castor Oil on them this week more than usual. I don't notice any discoloration on the parts of my scalp that I also put Castor Oil on. What is this? Is it my edges trying to come back? Should I stop putting Castor Oil where I see the darker spots? Here's a pic so you can see what I'm talking about (better on the sides because of the flash, but you can kinda see it under the flash.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Pic10

Here's a pic from last week

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Pic210

Am I seeing things? Is this nothing to worry about?
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th April 2010, 3:41 pm

Have you tried new products or new product combinations? I would hold off on using the oil personally.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 14th April 2010, 3:44 pm

I had a month where I was trying out different things (mostly DCs), but I recently went back to my original regimen. Last week I did shampoo, but when I looked at a pic from right before I washed, there was already some discoloration around the edges. It doesn't really hurt, but there are some bumps there. Do you think it's hair trying to grow in? Or something else? it's really only on my edges in the front and it goes from ear to ear. I checked the parts where I was also putting Castor Oil, and I don't see the same discoloration.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th April 2010, 5:46 pm

It's wash day! YAY! LOL

My head wasn't itching at all, and I really could have stretched out last week's wash and my medium-large twists, but I felt like washing it today. So here's what I did.

1. Finger de-tangle (since I did have those twists in for 8 days) and then put on some Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner (I think that's what it's called, as usual I'm too lazy to get up and check). Then I left that on for about 30 minutes while I did other stuff

2. Co-wash with Aussie Moist Conditioner (love that stuff!)

3. ACV rinse! Last time I used a bottle and just kinda poured it over my head, that created a mess. This time I took a spray bottle and put my rinse in there and then parted and sprayed my hair as I went, I also raked it down my strands. My curls were POPPIN here's a pic of it while the rinse was still in:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr15-10

After I put it in I scrubbed my scalp using the tips of my fingers, so I also got a nice little massage in.

4. DC for about an hour using a mix of HH, Honey, EVOO (only 2 capfuls), and like 3 drops of Jojoba Oil

5. Moisture sealing method a la Chicoro/BlackOnyx77

6. Put in 6 huge bantu-knots.

Things I noticed this week (well I kinda knew them but I'm still amazed everytime I wash)

1. My hair is THICK, I mean super thick. I remember when that used to bother me, but I love it now

2. The right side is thicker than the left side, which can be annoying, especially when I don't get the part straight down the middle and the right side ends up being the bigger section. Suffice it to say the three knots on the right side of my head will probably have to be re-done when my hair is mostly dry. Right now I just don't feel like dealing with it. This isn't something that comes from perms, my hair has always been like that, you can see it in my infant baby pictures.

3. The back of my hair is almost completely natural, I'll only have to cut like an inch from most of it by May 23rd I think. Here's a pic:
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr-1510

4. I'm excited about BCing again, I want to see my curls free of the perm! I'll just have to deal with shrinkage, and it's not like I don't know how to stretch it without using heat Smile

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 15th April 2010, 7:03 pm

Ah yes the days of transitioning ... wash days were my favorite!!! I LOVED playing in my hair and styling it Smile

Your doing a great job Muz! I hope you end up BC at a year (in May right?) beause I think you'll be really happy with your curls and coils!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th April 2010, 11:34 pm

Yep, when I was relaxing I used to dread washing my hair, it just wasn't a fun process.

My year anniversary will be May 23rd, so I plan to cut on or around that date. I hope I'm happy with them, because whatever it looks like is what God gave me. LOL
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th April 2010, 3:46 am

WOW, your transitioning hair looks great wet. My wet transitioned hair looked horrible as the months went on.

(whispering) big chop, big chop, big chop on anniversary date. big chop , big chop (whispering) Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 16th April 2010, 1:37 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:WOW, your transitioning hair looks great wet. My wet transitioned hair looked horrible as the months went on.

(whispering) big chop, big chop, big chop on anniversary date. big chop , big chop (whispering) Laughing

Thanks Smile It's looking like I will be chopping on or around May 23rd. I have to get some shears first. I think I've pretty much decided to do it myself and have my mom do the back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So my bantu-knots STILL weren't dry, but I was tired of having them in (already) so I took them out. They are still damp around the roots. My hair is super moisturized, so I'm just going to let them dry over the course of the day and re-knot them at night. I want the big curls, you can see some of them in the pics:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr16-10

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr16-11

So I know I need to do 6 of them, and I think it'll come out better on dry hair. I ended up pulling it into a loose puff just to keep it off of my ears/neck. When I re-do them tonight I won't use a comb at all, just my fingers. I don't care about the parts being straight because I'm not going to wear them out.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 17th April 2010, 9:46 pm

Here's my hair today. I don't think they'll last, so I'll probably end up doing some dry twists tomorrow.
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr17-10

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 Apr17-11

The curls are SUPER loose, I'll sleep with a satin bonnet tonight and see how it looks tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure this style won't last, and I'm not trying to re-knot it every night.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th April 2010, 5:34 pm

Great BKO results! Glad to hear you are going to BC next month. I think you will love it!

Congrats winner winner chicken dinner! What are you going to get?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 19th April 2010, 8:49 am

Congrats!! You won the chicken dinner!! ❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 4 678474
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down