CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herbal Essences to Finally Cut Down on Cancer-Causing Chemical

+7
MissFierce21
BeautifullyFree
MsVera
DvaAuNaturel
TMS
PaganWifey
Neems
11 posters

Go down

Herbal Essences to Finally Cut Down on Cancer-Causing Chemical Empty Herbal Essences to Finally Cut Down on Cancer-Causing Chemical

Post by Neems 15th March 2010, 8:15 pm

Herbal Essences by Proctor & Gamble is getting rid of carcinogenic chemicals in its products. Read more here from fastcompany.com
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Herbal Essences to Finally Cut Down on Cancer-Causing Chemical Empty Re: Herbal Essences to Finally Cut Down on Cancer-Causing Chemical

Post by PaganWifey 15th March 2010, 8:19 pm

....Wha? I didn't even know.....dude.

Gotta get off this short bus and read up on things.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Herbal Essences to Finally Cut Down on Cancer-Causing Chemical Empty Re: Herbal Essences to Finally Cut Down on Cancer-Causing Chemical

Post by TMS 15th March 2010, 8:19 pm

Wow! I'm in California and HE is currently being sold in its current state. I wonder how they're able to continue selling their products? Hmm
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 15th March 2010, 8:24 pm

Yeah, it's scary to find out what's inside certain products. If you use a product on a weekly basis and for years a time who knows how much exposure you get.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 15th March 2010, 10:49 pm

Wow! How interesting. I just picked up HE HH and Hydralicious on yesterday in Target but since I am trying to stick to the CG method I decided I was going to return them. This brief article was very eye opening.

My mom got breast cancer in 2008 and I have always thought what if anything she may have been using daily, unbeknownst to her, that may have triggered or a factor in her diagnosis. You just never know.

All natural is the way to go...not always foolproof but at least it narrows things down.

Thanks for sharing.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 16th March 2010, 9:10 pm

I must be missing something cause I just don't see this "1,4 Dioxane" in any of my 4 different HE products.

edited to add:
Those products I am referring to:
HE Hydralicious
HE Hello Hydration
HE Totally Twisted
HE Long Term Relationship Split-end Protector Leave-in

Update:
OK...now I see why! I followed another link and see that it is NOT listed in the ingredient list! That is totally you know what!
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 21st March 2010, 2:10 am

ooook so i guess this freakin big botle of HE i just bought & thankfully onnly used once, will just sit here...wow!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Herbal Essences to Finally Cut Down on Cancer-Causing Chemical Empty .

Post by MissFierce21 21st March 2010, 5:07 pm

Last edited by MissFierce21 on 23rd March 2010, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 23rd March 2010, 12:28 pm

Thanks for this informaton.
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by drksista81 24th March 2010, 5:31 pm

Wow I really have to read labels and check in with you guys daily.
drksista81
drksista81

https://www.youtube.com/drksista81

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic412 27th March 2010, 10:11 pm

so when does the removal of the carcinogen process begin?? now i need to see if they are still doing research on animals as well! jeeeez!
mystic412
mystic412

Back to top Go down

Post by bmari3 3rd April 2010, 4:20 pm

After doing some research and reading up it seems that they are only pointing out that this chemical is found in the shampoo. Several online research articles only talk about them lowering the levels that is found in the he shampoo. Soo to me it sounds like it may not be in the conditioners.. I will continue to do more research...
bmari3
bmari3

Back to top Go down

Post by bmari3 3rd April 2010, 4:23 pm

mystic412 wrote:so when does the removal of the carcinogen process begin?? now i need to see if they are still doing research on animals as well! jeeeez!

They say that no later than Jan 2011 all changes will be made. They are also projecting a date of July 2010 I guess that is their short term goal..
bmari3
bmari3

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic412 6th April 2010, 10:36 am

thanks for the info Smile
mystic412
mystic412

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down