CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning with a Front Lace

3 posters

Go down

Transitioning with a Front Lace Empty Transitioning with a Front Lace

Post by Nubicurly 13th March 2010, 5:35 am

Been wearing weaves for years. Last Fall I decided enough was enough and took out the weave and ended up with a front lace wig. With the front lace wig I've been braiding my own hair, washing every two weeks, greasing my scalp and taking the front lace off at night. Of course my edges are "torn up" from the years of weaving. Today I wanted to get my hair trimmed and shaped to start using products such as Kinky Curly or Miracurl to start the natural process. I'm now down to 2-3 inches of hair and I'm in shock right now with the short hair! Used the Kinky Curly product tonight, but not quite sure if I like it...so I'm going to have to put my big girl attitude on and deal with it. Is using a front lace while transitioning a bad thing? How long does it take to train the hair once you make the transition? HELP

Nubicurly

Back to top Go down

Transitioning with a Front Lace Empty Re: Transitioning with a Front Lace

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 15th March 2010, 1:25 pm

Wigs can be a great option as a protective style yet with lace fronts you have to be careful of the adhesive around your perimeter. I've never worn any type of wig but I am familiar with this concern. Would you consider standard, regular wigs instead? You've already mentioned that your edges are weak and you don't want to add any more tension than they've already endured. I prefer partial curly weaves so I can leave my weak areas out without being worried about blending.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 16th March 2010, 6:17 pm

I wear a wig almost everyday, protective styling. I wear both half wigs and lace front wigs. I learned by watching ladies on you tube how to not use adhesive. I use alligator clips that snap and hold my wigs on. My edges are notmally greasy with my JBCO, growing them out from the braids I wore for a year, off and on.

I don't really braid my hair underneath, I want to keep it flat but under no stress so after i wash my hair and I know I'm going to wear a wig I slap on tons of homemade creams with shea butter and JBCO, Argan oil and Avacodo oil in it. It keeps my hair growing, soft and healthy under my wig.

I have on a wig right now, lol. Lace front but I use a head band on them when they get old.

I get lotes of ideas from Many Faces of Beauty with April (aka MissMuffinLover) and Smooth Complexion with Ateeya.

I have a round face and curly wigs look best on me. If straight I spend more for human hair because most synthetic looks shinny in my normal 1b.

Back to the transitioning question, lol, I ramble. It took me about 5 months to train my hair, I got 6 inches of growth. Washed my hair 3 times a weeks, Henna twice in that time frame, deep conditioned a LOT, and if any breakage occured I used Aubrey's Organic GPB with some Silk Amino Acid in it and a dash of JBCO. So after 5 months I was good to go, although I wear wigs at least 3 times a week. Tomorrow I have an interview so I will be bunning it with a fake bun.

Check out the protective styles in my fotki album. I'm a newbie still so you can really see how I'm progressing.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down