CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC on Dry Hair-Have you tried this?

+6
jaylin20032003
dearCoco
Erica5417
raina
neethair
JasLuv
10 posters

Go down

DC on Dry Hair-Have you tried this? Empty DC on Dry Hair-Have you tried this?

Post by JasLuv 13th March 2010, 1:06 am

Hello,
I did a DC on dry hair, with good results. Wanted to know if others had tried this, what were your results and what products did you use. I use anything by Aubrey Organics.
Thanks! Smile
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

DC on Dry Hair-Have you tried this? Empty Re: DC on Dry Hair-Have you tried this?

Post by neethair 14th March 2010, 2:57 pm

JasLuv-

I recently did a "DC" on dry hair. With my hair in small twist, I sprayed it with leave in conditioner and oils (EVOO and EVCO) and set under the dryer for 30 min. I think that would constitute a DC [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . How did you do yours?
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

DC on Dry Hair-Have you tried this? Empty Re: DC on Dry Hair-Have you tried this?

Post by JasLuv 14th March 2010, 6:43 pm

I applied Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose to dry hair, covered with a plastic cap for about 30-45mins. Then I rinsed it out, shampooed and conditioned it again, but for like 3-5mins. While rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, it was like the tangles melted, it was pretty awesome.
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 14th March 2010, 7:08 pm

@ Jas, I dc on dry hair too, especially before I shampoo or henna my hair.I use aubreys organic conditioners and I have most of them for dry hair!lol. My favorites are gpb and hsr,dont care too much for the island natural one trying to use it up.I would like to try the white camellia one next.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 14th March 2010, 8:30 pm

I didn't like the Island Naturals one either. Those are my 2 favs as well, my plan is to order WC next....I heard it was really good.
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 14th March 2010, 9:22 pm

Before I started using the Tui Smoothie (which I like to apply to soaking wet hair), I always DC'd on dry hair. It worked better for me than doing it on wet hair.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 14th March 2010, 9:39 pm

Thanks...Erica5417...I am glad to know that others have had great experiences.
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by dearCoco 17th March 2010, 4:52 pm

I'm guessing you can consider this a DC.

I put conditioner (last time I used Motions) and mixed it with Hollywood Beauty's Tea Tree Oil and Carrot Oil and applied that all over scalp and roots. First, though, I put JBCO on my scalp. Left that in over night and it helps strengthen my hair (esp. since my hair was shedding excessively probably from it being straight for 2 weeks) and loosen the tangles.

I must say that as long as its a conditioner/EO mix and whether I apply it to solely my scalp and roots, or all over, I get the same results. Hope this helps!e
dearCoco
dearCoco

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 9th September 2010, 5:39 pm

i do it all the time, just slap on some hello hydration or tresemme naturals (the moisture kind), put some olive oil or coconut oil on top, plastic cap+satin bonnet it up, peddle around the house, sleep, rinse in the morning, and kaPOW!!! super soft, moisturized curls!!! oh yea, oh yea, oh yea dance woot!
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 9th September 2010, 11:37 pm

Thanks for the idea. I'm gonna put some conditioner in my hair then do my work out on the treadmill.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 10th September 2010, 9:00 am

BattleKat wrote:Thanks for the idea. I'm gonna put some conditioner in my hair then do my work out on the treadmill.

Please let us know your results. This is also a great way to get rid of conditioners that you really didn't or don't care for.
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 10th September 2010, 11:10 am

I've been using Vatika DC from the Indian store. It's pretty strong smelling, like perfume (I don't mind it) and it feels so good going on my hair when it's dry. It feels especially good after a henna treatment. I'll usually do a henna treatment, once my hair is about 80% dry, I'll put on Vatika and go on about my day. That night I rinse out the DC and any tangles have melted away. I did the henna'ing last night and I'll rinse out my DC tonight.

BTW, I love your hair JasLuv!
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 10th September 2010, 8:50 pm

Mzbush wrote:I've been using Vatika DC from the Indian store. It's pretty strong smelling, like perfume (I don't mind it) and it feels so good going on my hair when it's dry. It feels especially good after a henna treatment. I'll usually do a henna treatment, once my hair is about 80% dry, I'll put on Vatika and go on about my day. That night I rinse out the DC and any tangles have melted away. I did the henna'ing last night and I'll rinse out my DC tonight.

BTW, I love your hair JasLuv!

Thank you!
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 14th September 2010, 1:10 pm

Yes I love this, but I also detangle and braid/twist it up because my hair cant be free for too long without tangling back up..So I either braid it or twist it up with some great slip conditioner, then I put on the palstic cap and go about my busy...then rinse, shampoo/co-wash whatever and then do a mini dc afterwards also( not as long as the before one) all while my hair is still detangled and braided...Works best for me...Smile
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 14th September 2010, 8:59 pm

Yes and I love it. I have used Aubrey's in the past and I actually like Aubrey's better on dry hair than on wet hair. It removes all of the tangles in my hair and it is a plus not having to keep going back to the shower or sink multiple times. I have also used my honey/coconut oil mix in the same manner with similar results. Very Happy
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 14th September 2010, 9:56 pm

Thanks ladies, keep coming with your tips and tricks! This has truly changed my (hair) life!
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down