CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC/DT while working out!!!!

+2
newcurlieque
NhappyJackie
6 posters

Go down

DC/DT while working out!!!! Empty DC/DT while working out!!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 10th March 2010, 1:12 pm

Ladies, my youngest baby is about to turn 9months. During this time she has put on weight and so have I. The time has come for me to take charge of my health and loose all of this weight I have put on over the years. But....it seems like taking care of my hair has taken over my life. I usually DC overnight from Friday to Saturday, co-wash Saturday morning and style (which can take hours).
What if I wanted to apply my DC treatment, put on a plastic cap, and jump on my elliptical. I usually build up a lot of body heat while working out so I'm sure my head will heat up plus I'll be wearing a plastic cap. Then, when I'm done I can wash out the DC and style.
Do yall think this is doable or am I trying to cut too many corners? I would use a dryer but I don't have one.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

DC/DT while working out!!!! Empty Re: DC/DT while working out!!!!

Post by newcurlieque 10th March 2010, 1:44 pm

Hey that sounds like a good idea to me, I often do housework while I DC. I put on a plastic cap and wrap a bath towel around my head and proceed with whatever. With a 9 month old you gotta do whatcha gotta do lol!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 10th March 2010, 1:51 pm

That's absolutely doable. I do it quite often. I'll also baggy overnight and go to the gym with my DC the next morning to spin class. My hair always comes out great. Your hair journey should in no way offset your gym lifestyle. My natural hair has helped me. I no longer worry about sweating out my style. I just do a twist set and keep it moving.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 10th March 2010, 1:55 pm

Yep, the last two weeks I DC'd overnight, then did my exercise, and THEN washed out the conditioner Smile You're gonna sweat anyway, may as well put that body heat to good use. LOL
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 10th March 2010, 2:04 pm

Thanks yall!!!!!!! Now I know my way of thinking is not THAT crazy...lol
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by TutuKia 10th March 2010, 2:18 pm

you take your nine month old baby to the gym to work out with you.........??? isn't that dangerous?? o.0 sorry if I misread haha xD lol

I've never tried DC'ing my hair while working out Razz I would probably feel all sticky and uncomfortable with conditioner in my hair during that time >_<

TutuKia

Back to top Go down

Post by HisBeauty 10th March 2010, 2:24 pm

I just thought this same thing today. The weekend is jam packed and I won't have time to do it. So I will be dc'ing tonight while I work out. Great minds think alike [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HisBeauty
HisBeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 10th March 2010, 2:24 pm

[quote="TutuKia"]you take your nine month old baby to the gym to work out with you.........??? isn't that dangerous?? o.0 sorry if I misread haha xD lol

I've never tried DC'ing my hair while working out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I would probably feel all sticky and uncomfortable with conditioner in my hair during that time >_

You are so right!!! Babies at the gym is a dangerous situation. Fortunately, I have a gym (elliptical and bowflex thingy) in my downstairs den. Big props to hubby for getting that for me. I plan on working out after I put the girls to bed. DH will be upstairs with them, so no worries in that dept.

Last edited by NhappyJackie on 10th March 2010, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : message was gone.)
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down