CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini Chop

+10
tyebreaker
marbar1908
HAMPTONSFNST
EmbracingNaturalMe
tressedforsuccess
kdenise
TheRYL1
Muz
Russet
jamaicanmecurly
14 posters

Go down

Mini Chop Empty Mini Chop

Post by jamaicanmecurly 3rd March 2010, 4:50 pm

So a couple days ago, I decided to mini chop a patch of hair in the back b/c I really wanted to see what my curls would look like... and I can't stop staring at the picture. I mean, I'm currently sitting at my desk and just staring at the picture!

Now mind you, my hair in the back is a very different texture than my hair in the front which will be very interesting once I'm a 100% natural but I'm still pretty excited!!!

Here's a picture of my curlies in the back!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Mini Chop Empty Re: Mini Chop

Post by Russet 3rd March 2010, 7:13 pm

That is amazing! Those curls are going to look beautiful once you're 100% natural. How in the hell did you find the strength to stop cutting??

Gorgeous, I bet you can't wait til the BC!!
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd March 2010, 9:07 pm

Yeah, I think we all do that ~lol~ but I didn't cut as big as patch as you. A couple of weeks ago I cut a small piece in the front too just to play with it Laughing
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 3rd March 2010, 9:37 pm

I'm glad to know I'm not the only Serial Mini Chopper! LOL At the rate I'm going, I won't have to BC...I just keep cutting and cutting!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by kdenise 3rd March 2010, 10:19 pm

I cut a good bit of mine in the back but I cannot bring myself to do the BC just yet!! I'm trying to hold out until November as that will be a year from my last relaxer...but we will see!!
kdenise
kdenise

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 4th March 2010, 1:27 pm

@kdenise- same here!!! I'm trying to hold out to November but I don't see how I'm ever going to make it! haha

Thanks ladies!!! And you are not alone @theryl1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 4th March 2010, 1:32 pm

That's how it starts, girl! Smile I cut the back of my hair to see what it would look like and I BC'd within weeks. LOL
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 4th March 2010, 7:40 pm

I am only 10 weeks into transitioning. My last relaxer was 12/17 and I have already done a mini chop. I did it two weeks ago. I had short hair and now it is even shorter. I want to make it 6 months before I do the BC but I don't know if I can wait that long. I am so ready to be totally natural.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 5th March 2010, 12:29 pm

If I were to mini chop my hair after nearly 18 months of transitioning, it would be a waste. Some areas of my hair are already completely natural and that's because I wore partial sew-in weaves. No sense in tempting myself when it's going to get cut off eventually.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by marbar1908 5th March 2010, 4:57 pm

So i've not had a relaxer since July of 2009 & I originally wanted to wait like 18 months before I did a BC, but I've gotten so tired dealing with the 2 different textures and trying to use less heat, that I'm tempted to BC or at least do a Mini Chop half of the relaxer this week. My hair is almost shoulder length in a bob sort of thing, but I'm a little nervous... Neutral
marbar1908
marbar1908

http://perilsofmylife.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tyebreaker 6th March 2010, 12:50 am

hiii ladies...

jamaicanmecurly, u and i are in the same boat because i too cut off the back of my hair about 2 weeks ago!!!

and tressedforsuccess, i looove ur hair!!
tyebreaker
tyebreaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th March 2010, 3:00 am

JMC, your curls. They are so cute.
TFS, I love the avatar.

Ladies, if you are mentally ready and feel you are equipped with enough info on natural hair. Go for it!! I BCed about 2 weeks before my 1yr date and I am happy I did. Sometimes you can do more harm than good when you wait so long to get rid of those reaxed ends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by marbar1908 6th March 2010, 3:14 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:JMC, your curls. They are so cute.
TFS, I love the avatar.

Ladies, if you are mentally ready and feel you are equipped with enough info on natural hair. Go for it!! I BCed about 2 weeks before my 1yr date and I am happy I did. Sometimes you can do more harm than good when you wait so long to get rid of those reaxed ends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That is so true. it's like your hair is in a battle with itself. The natural is trying to take over the relaxed and the relaxed is trying too hard to stay and hang on so it's like breakage. I think that statement just pushed me like 3 steps closer. I wanna retain length and I don't want breakage soooo..... lol
marbar1908
marbar1908

http://perilsofmylife.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 6th March 2010, 3:57 am

marbar1908 wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:JMC, your curls. They are so cute.
TFS, I love the avatar.

That is so true. it's like your hair is in a battle with itself. The natural is trying to take over the relaxed and the relaxed is trying too hard to stay and hang on so it's like breakage. I think that statement just pushed me like 3 steps closer. I wanna retain length and I don't want breakage soooo..... lol

Absolutely!! And that is what I was afraid of. I did not use weaves, or any phony hair during my transition (I am not knocking that). I just wanted to know my hair and deal with it. But when I found that the natural hair was going to win and I couldn't get a decent style out of it without 2-3 hours worth of detangling because I didn't want to comb the hair too much. I was like I made it this far. Congrats to me but I have nothing to prove now. The relaxed ends need to go. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I always thought to myself, I would hate to transition so long that I end up messing up my natural hair in the process, then have to cut it really short anyway. Now that is just counterproductive. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 8th March 2010, 12:28 pm

Unlike some I don't have to battle with two textures and that's probably because of the hair I have. No two heads are alike and my strands aren't complaining. As long as I retain my patience, my hair will retain it's length. I'm not the type to fuss over my hair. When it's done it's done and on to the next move. The little amount of straight hair I have left will be chopped when I'm ready and that probably won't be until September on my 2yr mark or I may even shock myself and do it in June.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 8th March 2010, 6:39 pm

^ wow, you're close to your 2yr mark! I hope I can wait that long to cut my relaxed ends off. Thats a long time. How long is your natural hair so far?
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 9th March 2010, 12:36 am

I'm trying to make my transition until January 2011, and that will be about 2 years and 6 months. I still have about 7 or 8 inches of relaxed hair, but I'm scared to just cut it off any time soon....I have patience [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Russet 9th March 2010, 3:16 pm

^ WOW! Have you trimmed any of your relaxed ends since you began transitioning? How long is your natural hair now?

I ask because i'm so inspired by yourself and HAMPTONSFNST. I plan on transitioning 18months+ possibly after 2 years. I just hope I can learn to maintain my hair looking presentable inbetween. I don't want to get to the point where I no longer have control of what I want to do to my hair because of both textures.
Russet
Russet

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 9th March 2010, 4:35 pm

My hair is at armpit length and that has been a feat for me because I've never been at that length. That's why I'm reluctant to cut my hair yet. I trim a little myself every 3 months or so. I mostly just wear buns in my hair right now and that works for me.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 11th March 2010, 11:23 am

@Auburn: I think my hair is a lil past my collarbone. I haven't straightened it and am actually afraid to because I'm scared my curls won't revert back but I saw Mahogany's video about the silk wrap and want to give that a try when I have enough patience to sit under the dryer. The last time I trimmed was in November and I may begin to "search and destroy" during my next wash while in twists. I will admit that I get a bit anxious each time I cowash because my straight ends are just hanging there but I'm not comfortable with my length yet.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th March 2010, 7:06 pm

I cant wait to get to where you ladies are. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 11th March 2010, 7:24 pm

naturalgal75 wrote:I cant wait to get to where you ladies are. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How long have you been transitioning? or are you completely natural??
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 26th March 2010, 4:12 am

I remember those days! I cut my bangs and tendrils...thought I was hot stuff, lol. (Pics in my transitioning album)
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down