CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

afroveda or anything good

+3
CostaKink
MissFierce21
mystic412
7 posters

Go down

afroveda or anything good Empty afroveda or anything good

Post by mystic412 3rd March 2010, 3:18 pm

hi there. i'm looking for a conditioning styling aid that can lengthen and defrizz my coils when i do wash n go's. i'm curious about afroveda, oyin, and curl junkie...i like my natural products. i'm open to using conditioner as a styling product. thanks in advance Smile
mystic412
mystic412

Back to top Go down

afroveda or anything good Empty Re: afroveda or anything good

Post by MissFierce21 3rd March 2010, 3:34 pm

I would definitely look into afroveda. I have not purchased, but I definitely will be giving it a try, especially after looking at all the youtube reviews.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by CostaKink 3rd March 2010, 3:55 pm

OYIN IS AMAZING!!! I have their Juice & Berries and their Whipped Pudding (WP) I use the J&B for my twist and it works amazingly. The WP is to die for!! It smells like chocolate cupcakes and the ingredients are great!!!! (The exclamations are no exaggeration lol) It is very moisturizing. I'll be putting another order soon. The only thing is waiting for the products. I think you can avoid that by going to curlmart.com... Hope this help!
CostaKink
CostaKink

http://www.loudmouth269@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic412 5th March 2010, 2:27 pm

thanks ladies...costakink, i've never done twists...do u like the products on wash n go's as well? maybe one day i will try a twist out style...seems time consuming though
mystic412
mystic412

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 5th March 2010, 2:48 pm

I don't know if you've tried these but KCCC and Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic seem to be used by alot of naturals for wash and gos.

I'm still transitioning and in the very early stages and I bought a jar of KCCC and my natural growth seemed to like it (gave me great curl definition) but it was too heavy for my relaxed ends so I've had to stash it away until I BC or have more new growth.

I haven't used Uncle Funky's yet (because I'm trying to stop myself from becoming a certified PJ) but I've heard great things on this site about it.
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinebeauty87 12th March 2010, 10:12 am

I have afroveda, oyin, and curl junkie (plus other things a product junkie would have lol). As far as wash-n-gos I haven't used either of these products. I would use KCCC with Knot Today to define my curls. I do not wear w-n-gos often because of the tangles. However, the next time I wear it I will try Donna Marie's Miracurl gel, because based on youtube reviews, it may work better at elongating and dry faster than KCCC. We'll see....
Divinebeauty87
Divinebeauty87

Back to top Go down

Post by CostaKink 12th March 2010, 1:57 pm

I'm not sure I've never done a wash n go Sad I'm still trying to figure that process out; but when it gets warmer, I will def be here to ask for help Wink
CostaKink
CostaKink

http://www.loudmouth269@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ATLien 13th March 2010, 8:49 pm

I would definitely use Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In Conditioner and Kinky Curly Curling Custard for a wash and go...I love these products!!!! Also I notice that I get more definition if I use BOTH the leave in and the KCCC, not just the KCCC by itself. Hope this helps.....
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Post by mystic412 24th March 2010, 7:29 pm

thanks everyone...guess i'll give the kccc a try...hope it's not crunchy...yuck! i have ok results with just leaving in condioner and sometimes a bit of avocado oil... i just get lazy some days and don't want to wet my hair everyday to keep the curls looking hot. but will give kccc a try Smile
mystic412
mystic412

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyGyrl 17th April 2010, 12:38 am

kccc and knot today are the Bizness. I get beautiful results when using both products together. Using just the kccc by itself renders my hair a hot mess. Afroveda products are worth the money also. If you ever want to try a chunky twist-out, give the Pur whipped jelly a try. It's thick and creamy but will leave your hair with a nice shine as a result.
JerseyGyrl
JerseyGyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down