CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amla, Brahmi, Neem, Etc. - Indian - Brooklyn, NY $1.99-$2.99

+2
DaRkcHoCoLaTe
envizionj
6 posters

Go down

Amla, Brahmi, Neem, Etc. - Indian - Brooklyn, NY $1.99-$2.99 Empty Amla, Brahmi, Neem, Etc. - Indian - Brooklyn, NY $1.99-$2.99

Post by envizionj 3rd March 2010, 2:12 pm

Ladies, on my venture out to Coney Island Avenue to the Indian Grocery Stores, I found boxed Hesh Brand Ayurvedic Powders -- Amla, Brahmi, Neem, Shikakai, Tulsi, etc. priced from $1.99 - $2.99 depending on what store you venture into http://www.heshpharma.com/hair-care-products.html. Below are stores that carry the products. The expiration date on the side of the boxes is 2012. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] They had boxes galore on the shelves, and that may change since they are big sellers in the neighborhood.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mian Deli Grocery Inc.>>Brahmi, Amla, Shikakai, Neem for $2.99 (tax included) each<<
Mini Market
(Open 24 Hours - 7 Days)
964 Coney Island Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11230
Phone: (718) 436-0001
Fax: (718) 483-9069

Panil Inc. >>
Brahmi, Amla, Shikakai, Tulsi for $2.49 (plus tax) each<<
1045 Coney Island Avenue
(Corner of Foster Avenue)
Brooklyn, NY 11230
Phone: (718) 434-4333

All Asian Grocery & Halal Meat
>>Amla, Shikakai for $1.99 each<<
1086 Coney Island Avenue
(Between Foster & Avenue H)
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 434-7605

Zaitoon Super Store >>Brahmi, Amla, Shikakai for $1.99 (tax included) each<<
(Open 24 Hours - 7 Days)
1082 Coney Island Avenue
(Between Foster & Avenue H)
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 434-3450

Last edited by envizionj on 26th March 2010, 2:54 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating Information on other stores.)
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Amla, Brahmi, Neem, Etc. - Indian - Brooklyn, NY $1.99-$2.99 Empty Re: Amla, Brahmi, Neem, Etc. - Indian - Brooklyn, NY $1.99-$2.99

Post by DaRkcHoCoLaTe 1st April 2010, 1:33 am

Thanks! I'm 10 mins away from that area.
DaRkcHoCoLaTe
DaRkcHoCoLaTe

http://twitter.com/M3RLz

Back to top Go down

Amla, Brahmi, Neem, Etc. - Indian - Brooklyn, NY $1.99-$2.99 Empty Re: Amla, Brahmi, Neem, Etc. - Indian - Brooklyn, NY $1.99-$2.99

Post by envizionj 2nd April 2010, 12:29 pm

You are very welcome DaRkcHoCoLaTe. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by CandidlyCan 9th April 2010, 11:50 pm

Thanks so much for sharing. I know the area, and just beginning my exploration of ayurvedic powders!!!

-Can
CandidlyCan
CandidlyCan

http://www.candidlycan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 10th April 2010, 5:14 pm

You are welcome CandidlyCan. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I personally prefer Zaitoon because they are larger.
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by DaRkcHoCoLaTe 10th April 2010, 5:26 pm

Do you know if Zaitoon has Jamilla henna?
DaRkcHoCoLaTe
DaRkcHoCoLaTe

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 11th April 2010, 2:57 am

DarkChocolate, yes Zaitoon carries Jamila henna for $1.49 a box, but it does not have an expiration date on the bottom or indication of the crop season. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 11th April 2010, 11:42 am

Damn! I just HAD to move to Queens! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...Maybe I can con the boyfriend into a "date" to Coney Island just so I can buy the powders??
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 11th April 2010, 5:14 pm

LadyMica, you are in the best borough for Ayurvedic powders. There is a large population of people from India, Bangladesh, Guyana, etc., that use those products in their hair.

I was told to take the A train to the last stop -- Lefferts Boulevard and when I go downstairs, I will see a bunch of Indian Groceries that should carry the products. I'm sure they may even be a little cheaper than Brooklyn because they must run off the shelves.

I don't know how far Lefferts Boulevard is from Woodside, since I'm not too familiar with Queens, as I always tend to get lost with your streets and avenues the same names,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but I would try to venture over there. I may even go over there this week coming after work.

If you get there before me, please let me know if you see the Hesh Kalpi Tone or Hesh Maka Powders. I don't want to order it online if I can get more boxes for less than an online order. Since Kalpi Tone has the majority of powders in one box, I would prefer that. I would only buy Maka if I could not locate the Kalpi Tone. Maka is good for alopecia and I wanted to try that on my Mom since she lost all her hair on the top of her head from relaxers over the years. She's natural, but wears wigs to cover up the bald spot.

This is a picture of the box of Kalpi Tone ...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.theindianfoodstore.com/hesh-kalpi-tone-naturoriche-powder-100g.html

Ingredients:

Amla Fruit (Phyllanthus Emblica Linn) 10%, Maka Leaves (Eclipa Aba) 10%, Mandoor 10%, Jaswandh Flower (Hibiscus Rosa) 9%, Narangichal (Citrus Aurantium) 8%, Shikakai Fruit (Acacia Conncinna) 7%, Kumari Leaves (hedychium Spicatum) 7%, Kapur Kachili (Hedychium Spicatum) 6%, Brahmi (Herpestis Monniera) 5%, Methi Seed (Trigonalafinum Greekum) 5%, Wala (Andropogan Muricatus) 5%, Khadir Stem (Acacia Katechu wild) 3%, Chandan (Santalum Album) 2%, Neem (Azadirachta Indica), Sitaphal Seed Powder(Squamosa), Sugandh Dravya (Q.S.).

This is a photo of the box of Maka ...
http://www.theindianfoodstore.com/hesh-maka-bhringraj-powder-100g--double-size-.html
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 11th April 2010, 5:53 pm

Envisionz: I'm on the NORTH side of Queens, close to LaGuardia Airport by the 7 train. Sad There's nothing "Indian" out here, save for a couple of restaurants and a handful of neighbors in my building. BUT, the next time I'm in Brooklyn to pick up shea butter on Atlantic Ave (across from PC Richard), I'll walk further up the strip to see what I can find. I bought henna paste for body art there one year; they just might have the powders. Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 11th April 2010, 8:35 pm

Oh my you are far away in no man's land. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll keep an eye out as well for the powders on Atlantic Avenue.
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by DaRkcHoCoLaTe 12th April 2010, 3:00 pm

envizionj wrote:DarkChocolate, yes Zaitoon carries Jamila henna for $1.49 a box, but it does not have an expiration date on the bottom or indication of the crop season. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry to keep asking you so many questions, but do you know where I can find indigo? All of the places I went to tried to sell me "black henna" with peroxide and other chemicals in it. I'm trying to convince my mom to color her hair using henna and I don't want her going to church with chunks of red hair! LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BTW I found 2 of the stores and felt like a kid at a candy store; had a PJ relapse!. I went there for indigo and came home with 2 bags of different products! SMH Once again, thanks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DaRkcHoCoLaTe
DaRkcHoCoLaTe

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 13th April 2010, 3:02 am

DaRkcHoCoLaTe wrote:
envizionj wrote:DarkChocolate, yes Zaitoon carries Jamila henna for $1.49 a box, but it does not have an expiration date on the bottom or indication of the crop season. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry to keep asking you so many questions, but do you know where I can find indigo? All of the places I went to tried to sell me "black henna" with peroxide and other chemicals in it. I'm trying to convince my mom to color her hair using henna and I don't want her going to church with chunks of red hair! LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BTW I found 2 of the stores and felt like a kid at a candy store; had a PJ relapse!. I went there for indigo and came home with 2 bags of different products! SMH Once again, thanks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DarkChocolate, you may ask as many questions as you like. This is the purpose of this forum questions and answers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now you know I already inquired about the indigo on the strip and most stores said they can't sell products in unmarked packaging. It seems as though indigo only comes in unmarked packages. They tried to sell me the black henna also because they really don't seem to know about the chemicals and just want to make a sale.

You have to stay focused on what you are going to purchase when you go on that Indian Grocery strip or you can buy out the entire store. They have so much stuff in in those stores that I had to focus on the Amla and Brahmi and get out of there with a quickness. I had already done my research so I knew exactly what I needed from the Hesh line. I have a few of the owners looking for the Kalpi Tone and Maka. I will call them this weeks to see if they were able to locate it or I will have to take a trip out to Queens. I did buy the 16 oz bag of peanuts in the shell though. They were tasty and fresh.
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 13th April 2010, 4:13 am

Yessss! I will hopefully be making my mom over there this weekend Very Happy Henna for $1.49. RECESSION SPECIAL! I'm gonna get like 12 boxes hehehe
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMomi2002 13th April 2010, 12:27 pm

Oooo, thanks!!!! Going to check it out.
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down