CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna treatments & Indigo

5 posters

Go down

Henna treatments & Indigo Empty Henna treatments & Indigo

Post by curlyboricua 2nd March 2010, 3:06 pm

Okay ladies so I just recieved my Jamila Henna in the mail the other day... I was wondering will the indigo and henna make my hair way too dark?? Just wondering bc black hair tends to make me look very pale.

Thanks ladies!!
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Henna treatments & Indigo Empty Re: Henna treatments & Indigo

Post by AimWard 2nd March 2010, 8:26 pm

If you do a 2 step treatment (henna first, rinse, then indigo) you will get jet black hair. If you do a 50:50 mixture of henna and indigo you should get a nice reddish brown. Basically the more indigo you add, the darker the end result.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 2nd March 2010, 9:40 pm

I do a two step treatment and while I get black hair, it's not blue black all over. It has reddish tones in different places making it look very natural.

However, if you are really concerned about it I would recommend the 50:50 mixture that Aimward suggests. You'll get a brownish tone from that.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 3rd March 2010, 5:46 pm

R2D2 how long do you leave your indigo in because I just did my first indigo treatment after a henna treatment and I got a dark brown color, not the jet black I was looking for. I left it in for an hour which was was the directions suggested. Thanks in advance!
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 3rd March 2010, 6:24 pm

I usually leave mine in for an hour as well. I wonder why you only got the dark brown? It sounds like the dye wasn't very strong. Where did you get your indigo from and does it give a use by date on the packet?
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 3rd March 2010, 6:38 pm

i got it from Mehandi.com and I'm not sure if there's a use by date. They're pretty reputable though and I know a lot of people shop from there... Weird. I have 4 more packages so I'll try again my next henna treatment in about a month or so...
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 3rd March 2010, 7:44 pm

XtremelyPerfect, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please give us the steps from when you opened and mixed your henna to the final application and rinsing out the Indigo.

I hennaed and indigoed February 13th and my hair is jet black. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 3rd March 2010, 8:56 pm

umm well there were a lot of steps which i've already documented in my fotki and the Post Your Henna Mix and Results thread but after I rinsed out my henna I mixed the indigo with just water and a teaspoon of salt until it was a yogurt consistency(per the directions from Mehandi.com) applied it to my damp hair. Wrapped my head in saran wrap, tweeted and watched tv for an hour.. then I rinsed it out, conditioned with Hello Hydration. Put my deep condition mix on(Burts Bees Sugar Beet conditioner, honey, and EVOO) put my plastic cap on, silk bonnet on and went to bed. Woke up and rinsed that out and styled as usual. I'm not really too worried about it because these things are trial and error. Next time I'll just leave it on for longer than an hour and see what happens. Smile
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 3rd March 2010, 9:43 pm

Your steps looked fine. You had enough indigo to spread to all the strands of the hair?

I just took a look at your fokti and it almost looks the kind of result that you get when you mix the indigo and henna together, which is strange! If you like the dark brown (it does look nice!) then fine but if you want to change to a darker colour then I would suggest perhaps shampooing with a non sulphate shampoo in a couple of days and then trying again with another batch of indigo? You can henna and indigo a few days apart by the way.

Maybe you could also put a heat cap or sit under the dryer as well to help the colour take more?
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 3rd March 2010, 9:51 pm

Yeah it did mention heat but I don't have a heat cap.. just a blow dryer, lol. Maybe I should invest in one. The color is fine, I mean before this my hair was straight up red because last time I just henna-ed and nothing else, lol. So I'm just gonna wait til my next scheduled treatment. I'm still recovering from all that work last night, lol. And i'm currently doing micro twists right now which are wearing me out also hehe. But thank you for all your advice everyone! It's truly helpful and I appreciate it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 4th March 2010, 11:37 am

Thanks ladies for all the info... I am all new to the Henna and so forth so thanks alot ladies lots of great info!! I can not wait till I try it!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down