CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Straw hair afte Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo

+20
EagerCurler
SuperBadd
Naturally Esq
Gado-Gado Gal
swoodward
HappyCurly
Juices-n-Berries
LaToya28
Heart2Worship
Sequoia
Blex
natural83
ktoliver5303
Monnie
d.denise
tressedforsuccess
sweetdrk1
QTY PYE
poeticlyspkng
besona
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Straw hair afte Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Straw hair afte Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo

Post by EagerCurler 27th July 2010, 5:39 pm

Ok Im sooooo happy someone put this up! I have been experiencing the same thing... I just washd w/ Giovanni Tea Tree after pre pooing with olive oil and honey!!! MY HAIR FELT DISGUSTING!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Now I have used this stuff Dr. Bonners 18 in 1 Castile Soap which has the same effect and is made out of nothing but oils! No stiffness... But it burns my eyes lol... I just cant win lol
EagerCurler
EagerCurler

Back to top Go down

Straw hair afte Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo - Page 2 Empty Re: Straw hair afte Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo

Post by hippychic 27th July 2010, 10:09 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Giovanni shampoos are very stripping. Sulfate free does not mean that it will be a good shampoo, and the presence of sulfates does not automatically make it a harsh shampoo. I would try something different.
i totally agree!

hippychic

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 27th July 2010, 10:37 pm

CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 28th July 2010, 1:45 am

hippychic wrote:
LaToya28 wrote:Giovanni shampoos are very stripping. Sulfate free does not mean that it will be a good shampoo, and the presence of sulfates does not automatically make it a harsh shampoo. I would try something different.
i totally agree!

I disagree. I love Giovanni SAS shampoo and I do not think that it is stripping. It leaves my hair very moist. "Everything ain't for everybody".
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by besona 28th July 2010, 2:15 am

what shampoo's do you guys recommend plus i need a good leave in moisturizer...this deva care one does absolutely nothing for me..no good
besona
besona

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 28th July 2010, 4:31 am

I've had this exact same experience with Giovanni, the first and only time I used that shampoo. People say give products a chance, but that straw/stretchy feeling scared the hey out of me and I don't want to do it again! I'm transitioning though. Evil or Very Mad
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by kimc 27th November 2010, 12:48 am

d.denise wrote:I had similar results but my hair is all natural. And it sucks because I loved the conditioner lol. I didn't do an ingredient analysis or anything but I ended up switching to trader joes nourish spa shampoo and it worked much better for me. I tend to be heavy handed so I have to remember not to use so much. You could also try pre pooing with your favorite oil to prep your hair for your shampoo.

I made the same switch to trader joes nourish spa shampoo, I like it better. I wish I could get this Giovanni to not make my hair feel so straw like, maybe I will add conditioner.

kimc
kimc

http://imakinkygurl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2