CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urban Therapy Twisted Sista

+4
Erica5417
lexibugg004
natural_nance
freebird07
8 posters

Go down

Urban Therapy Twisted Sista Empty Urban Therapy Twisted Sista

Post by freebird07 19th February 2010, 11:06 am

Hi ladies....has anyone used these products, if so, Please share your experience. My natural friend is thinking about using the Relaxing Straightening Creme; I haven't been able to find the ingredient list for this particular product online, wondering if it's some type of mild relaxer ?

Thanks !

Last edited by freebird07 on 19th February 2010, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

freebird07

Back to top Go down

Urban Therapy Twisted Sista Empty Re: Urban Therapy Twisted Sista

Post by natural_nance 19th February 2010, 1:22 pm

They sell these products at the Marshalls I go to. I'm not sure of the ingredients, I've only bought the curl activator. But I'm almost positive this is just a styling cream for flat ironing or blow drying hair.
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 20th February 2010, 4:13 am

i have also seen these products at marshalls. the Relaxing Straightening Creme is just a styling product for blow outs, and i was interested in the curl styling creme, but the ingredient list had me a little cautious. i am not on an all natural kick, and i use a few questionable products, i just thought this one in particular would not be best for my hair. i wish i could remember exactly what ingredient had me worried, but i can't, so i am of no use, sorry [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 20th February 2010, 12:53 pm

Same thing here. I saw them at TJ Maxx for a long time but the ingredient list made me decide against it.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 21st February 2010, 2:36 am

Hated it. I have the conditioner in the tube and some sort of curl revitalizer in a pump. The condish did give good slip but it was nothing special. That curl boost in the spray bottle is too think for that bottle. I swear I got carpal tunnel trying to pump that mess out. And my hands were slick so pumping it was not happening. Now the pump broke and I have to unscrew it and pour the product in my hand. I use it on my daughters 2c hair and twist. I do not know what I expected out of this product but I am not impressed.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 21st February 2010, 3:02 am

@DreamMerchant. Love your location. LOL!
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 21st February 2010, 1:47 pm

You know, I have the "reactivator" cream, but never used it. I actually forgot I had it until I was sifting through my crochet thread and found it in the bag. I'll give it a test run on a day I have off so I can just wash it out if I don't like it.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 26th February 2010, 10:47 pm

quincie1479 wrote:@DreamMerchant. Love your location. LOL!

@Quincie- Yea I use that for my location for everything!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ATLien 27th February 2010, 5:48 pm

I tried the relaxing straightening cream for a blow out. It was just okay, I think you can find a product that works a little better.

It is not a relaxer but more like a styling product. It is supposed to smooth your curls so that it is easier to straighten your hair using thermal appliances (ie blowdryer, flatiron). For my hair it was not easier to straighten and it didn't make my hair smooth and polished. Honestly, I got better results using Keratin Mist and Silk Infusion from the CHI Line.

Another thing about this product is that it is not always easy to find. There have been plenty of times that I have gone to TJ Maxx and Marshalls and they were out of the product for weeks.

Also if you are looking a product with natural ingredients, this is not the product for you.
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down