CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lint in the fro

+34
C.
Nessa101
TMS
snappynappy
lucky7
Lilith_Eve
Curly_Aquarius
lena73
D-Lish
ChiChi10
lofomia
Fabulously Fluffy
TerraD
rebelrocks
herlucidsKy
BindyMac08
NikG20
Iomer
sweetdrk1
MahoganyCurls
LuvMeLuvMyFro
cutephantasm
CarlsM
xtremelyperfect
CocaColaCutie
rgaby
Pi*Jay
tiashaunteƩ
AfrikanLatina
labon10
dajewel
loveself247
hayylee
*CurlyNikki*
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lint in the fro - Page 3 Empty Re: Lint in the fro

Post by Lilith_Eve 12th April 2010, 4:46 pm

This thread had me cracking up but I have my own horror story to share. When i was still relaxed, my family and I were walking home from the bus stop at night. I felt something hit my head but didn't feel anything else so I just went on. When we made it into the house I felt something move on my head. It took about 30 seconds for me to think, "Hmmm, I don't remember putting a butterfly clip in my hair..." (remember those? they were popular for like a year or two, had the pretty wings that moved on springs)

Immediately I put my hand in my hair and grabbed something huge! IT was a cicada! You know those large green bugs that make noise in the trees in the summer? I screamed and screamed before my aunt came and smacked it with her shoe. I couldn't stop touching my hair after that. *shudder*
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th April 2010, 5:44 pm

*ducking* OMG! I would have died!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 12th April 2010, 5:47 pm

OMG. I remember cicada season in the DMV. I barely wanted to leave the house! I would have been traumatized if one landed in my hair!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky7 12th April 2010, 11:48 pm

Speaking of things in the hair, I had a patient come in today sporting a new TWA. She said she just up and chopped off all her hair after she felt a bug fall from her hair into her left ear a week ago. I removed a roach that was about an inch long from her ear today. It had been there for a week! Made my skin crawl all day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lucky7
lucky7

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 13th April 2010, 12:01 am

lucky7 wrote:Speaking of things in the hair, I had a patient come in today sporting a new TWA. She said she just up and chopped off all her hair after she felt a bug fall from her hair into her left ear a week ago. I removed a roach that was about an inch long from her ear today. It had been there for a week! Made my skin crawl all day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
OMG! I would have died!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 13th April 2010, 12:14 am

*CurlyNikki* wrote:LOL! I'm terrified of bugs too...If I found one in my hair, I"d definitely lose it! Once, while walking briskly outside (I don't jog, lol), a bug flew into my eye! I freaked, and rubbed my eye for what seemed like 15 minutes. 5 or so hours later, while in the kitchen, my eye started watering and feeling wierd. I started rubbing it again, and nearly lost my lunch when out came half of the bug! It was hiding under my lower lid. UGH!

OMG!! This reminds me of the Kevin Hart comedy skit about walking into a cluster of gnats.

Off to youtube.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th April 2010, 1:00 am

lucky7 wrote:Speaking of things in the hair, I had a patient come in today sporting a new TWA. She said she just up and chopped off all her hair after she felt a bug fall from her hair into her left ear a week ago. I removed a roach that was about an inch long from her ear today. It had been there for a week! Made my skin crawl all day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ewwww!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 13th April 2010, 1:08 am

All of a sudden my scalp is itching! Maybe I should keep my TWA.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 13th April 2010, 1:22 am

Haven't found anything gross yet [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but i've lost hairpins in my hair.
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 13th April 2010, 12:44 pm

um so yea, to all the ladies who have found roaches in your hair and mouth (i dnt remember ur names)---Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!

not to sound mean or anything, but I wouldnt have been able to take it. I like nature and outdoorsy type stuff and wont freak out too bad it something is on my skin (unless its a spider--i HATE them with a passion [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ), BUT my hair is another story. Id be institutionalized, in a white padded room, hugging myself and bald headed from shaving my hair off.

so far i havent found so much as a piece of lint in my hair---lucky me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by melbelle81 13th April 2010, 3:59 pm

Well ya'll have got my head tingling now...and...OMG...there's a friggin' stink bug crawling right towards me and up my computer screen...I'm not even kidding...

I'm back. Had to squash that sucka. Didn't want that thing in my head!
Anyways, some of these stories are my worst nightmare! A bee? A cicada? A roach? I would have DIED. Luckily, I usually only have dog hairs, leaves, or feathers (I have a down-filled sofa) in my fro. My good friend and co-worker is usually pretty good about picking out the randomness, particularly after lunchtime walks, but I was in a meeting last Friday and another co-worker said "You got something in your..." (points to my 'fro). As I search wildly for the thing in my hair, I glare at my good friend and say (half-joking and half with a genuine attitude), "Well, KATE is supposed to groom me before I come back inside!" Laughter ensues.
melbelle81
melbelle81

http://lifeofmelbelle.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mokeydraws 14th April 2010, 11:51 am

I found a weird shell of some kind in my hair the other day. I'd like to think it was a nut or something and not some insect shedding it's skin. And for some reason, whenever I eat anything with avocado, I end up with avocado in my hair. Maybe I just notice it because it's green.

Last edited by mokeydraws on 14th April 2010, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell)

mokeydraws

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th April 2010, 6:29 pm

Nikki and Tia- I am terrified of bugs and that would be my worst nightmare. I think I would just begin to puke up everything I'd eaten- in life and then cry. LOL!

Well, I'm a lint catcher it appears. My husband always seems to reach in and find some and then I get mad because he disturbs my curls and they get frizzy. I'm grateful but thinking-- JUST TELL ME! LOL
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by SpringCurls 14th April 2010, 6:37 pm

Yup! I've had lint in my hair and I also had a spider jump right off my fro onto my arm (freaked me out). I was in my hair for hours checking to make sure it didnt lay any eggs or have friends in there (lol) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SpringCurls
SpringCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum