CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Encouragement

+10
R2D2
cdawnlujan
poeticlyspkng
sweetdrk1
traveljunkie08
CreoleLady88
bholmes87
Dricka
CocaColaCutie
missmoriah
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Some Encouragement - Page 2 Empty Re: Some Encouragement

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 17th February 2010, 12:18 pm

I like that proverb R2D2. It's wonderful to see how encouraging and uplifting we can be toward one another. The mutual interest we share about our hair really helps us bond with one another even if it's over the computer.

@missmoriahiscurly: I hope all these kind words have lifted your spirits. I continue to transition and won't BC until June yet if I have any anxiety I will return to this forum for support. You're definitely rocking that hair and I admire anyone who rocks their hair short because it's trendy. My mom has worn her hair as short as our president for years and I think it's beautiful. Since I've transitioned we bicker about earrings. A definite must when wearing natural/shorter hair.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 17th February 2010, 10:55 pm

@HAMPTONSFNST: Yes ma'am my spirits have been lifted, and in a major way too. cheers Everyone on this site is so uplifting and supportive so had could I not be??? lol I just realized that even though I maybe dont see it from day to day, my hair is still growing. I look at pictures and say OMG I HAD A FADE. lol so it has grown and I'm happy. On to the earrings topic.... WOMP WOMP WOMP. I have one pair of hoop earrings and a pair of studs thats it. Sad I'm 19 and a college student and definitely don't find the time to buy them. I wish I had some though. I look at all these women with their TWA's and they have a mean earring game. Unfortunately I am not one of them. I'll probably start building a collection for the spring and summer but for now its just me and my fro'.

@R2D2: That friggin quote is the story of my life. I just get so anxious and excited about my hair everyday and just wanna see what its doing and its growth. I am learning the importance of a regimen so hopefully that will slow me down. Also I think braids are a great idea. I just can't afford them right now.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyJazzy 18th February 2010, 1:10 am

missmoriahiscurly wrote:Thanks so much for your response CocaColaCutie, so far the only thing I'm doing with my hair is co-washing almost every day if not every single day then i put some shea butter and some coconut oil in. I shampoo kinda whenever I feel like I need to and lately it has been often. And some other styling products such as kinky curly curling custard which i must say I don't really like because it leaves a sticky residue. But thats about it every time I come up with a regimen I don't like it and I don't stick to it. So Im like super lost I know I need a regimen I just don't even know where to start.
Same with me (co washing like everyday.)! Ugh... I love my hair but I have no clue at all what I'm doing and I just BC'ed last weekend..and today I kind of am finally kind of regretful! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturallyJazzy
NaturallyJazzy

Back to top Go down

Post by browncurlygirl 18th February 2010, 1:35 am

I agree with the all of the other ladies on this post. You do look great in your avatar.
I think it's important to remember that sometimes we have those moments where we want our hair to do something other than what it will do. That's part of the beauty of being natural, not forcing your hair into any one set way and just enjoying the beauty of it simply "being."
I understand the obsession with length (especially when you had length while relaxed or seeing the length of other natural curlies while looking at their avatar), but remember that each of us have a journey that is uniquely ours.
You have everything you need to get through this moment; a beautiful face to rock your style, information on how to care for your hair and a great support system with all of the other natural curlies who are so quick to offer encouraging words, compassion, empathy and advice.
Before you know it, you will be posting photos of your pony tail, that will be admired by others. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
browncurlygirl
browncurlygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 18th February 2010, 5:07 pm

Your avatar is too cute! Hang in there, chica! I went through a short "blah" phase with my hair, too, around my 3rd and 4th month post BC. At the time, I kinda wished I hadn't cut as soon as I did. I don't regret one bit. But you will begin to see progress once you stop thinking about growth so much. Looking back on my early days to now, I'm just amazed at how far my hair has come.

Focus on the health of your hair and you will start to see it blossom before your eyes. Find a simple regimen you can stick to weekly. In the meantime, if it means braiding it up for a month or two to keep your hands out of your head then go for it. Also, you may want to stop looking at so many hair albums for a while. I know that got me down a little, because I had crazy hair envy. Your hair is growing, even if you may not think so. It's growing everyday. Just be patient, chica:)
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum