CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acne at the Hairline

+2
DreamMerchant
transitioning?
6 posters

Go down

Acne at the Hairline Empty Acne at the Hairline

Post by transitioning? 8th February 2010, 11:58 pm

I've recently started to moisturize my hair every night with my daily leave in and oil. I have noticed a series of breakouts at my temples. Has anyone else had this problem? I have really dry edges but I don't want acne. Can anyone help?
transitioning?
transitioning?

Back to top Go down

Acne at the Hairline Empty Re: Acne at the Hairline

Post by DreamMerchant 9th February 2010, 1:27 am

Is the acne in the hair line or on the skin? If it is very close to the hair line and not in it, maybe you could put your oil on your dry spots but then wipe the oil off your skin with some warm water. You may have to change your oils or just use one at a time. I hope that helps.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by transitioning? 9th February 2010, 1:43 am

The acne is on my face right next to my hair line.Oh i never thought of the warm water trick. I will try that thank you.
transitioning?
transitioning?

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 9th February 2010, 2:06 pm

omg I have the same problem. I was like what the heck am I breaking out for and then I was like ohhhhhh its all the freaking moisturizing and oils i have started to put in my hair. I started to be more conscious of how and where I apply my product and make sure I wash around that area when I'm done.
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 9th February 2010, 4:47 pm

I recently experienced the same problem. My dermatologist developed a regimen for me from breakouts related to stress but since the acne has mildly returned I've switched my cleanser and exfoliate more often. I will admit at times I get too lazy to wash my face before bed and that could be a problem also.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 10th February 2010, 6:55 am

same thing happened to me it was like right in the front and on the sides where i put alot of cantu shea butter leavin & jojoba trying to slick down my edges...it went away in like a day but at first i was weirded out
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Acne at the Hairline Empty list of ingredients that clog pores and irritate skin

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 10th February 2010, 8:21 pm

Hey ladies!

After being a lurker just soaking up all your great information as I transition, I'm happy I can finally contribute something. I have extremely sensitive AND acne-prone skin, so I am always ruling out even the most popular products based on whether or not they'll give me a rash or pimples (e.g. HEHH!!). For years I stuck with or reverted back to products that didn't cause rashes or pimples without knowing WHY they weren't irritating or clogging my skin. NOW I know why. Enter this list: http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm

I found that a LOT of hair products contain ingredients that tend to be comedogenic (on the face, hairline and back, or wherever your hair regularly touches your skin). I now carry a printout of this list in my purse at all times and avoid products whose first 8-10 ingredients have irritability or comedogeneity ratings of 3 or more. I've found that for me anything lower on the list is probably in small enough concentrations not to cause problems, and any of the first 8 -10 ingredients with ratings of 3 or greater will definitely do bad things. But use this to evaluate the impact of individual products on you, because everyone is different (try to change or add only one product at a time to more easily identify which is the source of the irritation/clogging). I'm also using it to phase out the products with bad ingredients that my boyfriend uses Smile

Note that chemists in the cosmetics and beauty industries are constantly "cooking up" new ingredients and derivatives, or "discovering" traditional plants and ingredients to include in beauty products, so this list is not comprehensive. If it's something that you're sure has been appearing in beauty products for years but doesn't appear on this list, then it's safe to assume it tends not to cause problems. But, I've learned to focus on how my skin responds (not what others say works), which has helped me avoid seemingly harmless products like Vaseline. Sometimes using less of a product reduces or eliminates problems, too. Try using this list as a guide and then pay attention to what your skin does over a couple of uses.

This has been one of the single best tools for simultaneously improving the condition of both my skin and hair, supporting my desire for more natural and less synthetic products, and conveniently has been preventing those wallet-clearing PJ tendencies! I hope it will do you some good as well.

Good luck!
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by transitioning? 3rd March 2010, 4:54 pm

I know I'm late but thank you. Many ingredients on the list were in the Cantu Shea Butter I was using every night. This list is a keeper.
transitioning?
transitioning?

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 4th March 2010, 3:48 pm

Thank you for that link. Very helpful
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content