CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my hair professionally done after doing it myself for 4yrs!!!

+28
CreoleLady88
misha
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
adiaha
NikG20
CocaColaCutie
NewlyNina
NaturallyKeyStreet
BlondeByDesire
NaturalNixon
Intelligentbeauty
naturallydestined
BajanPrincess82
BattleKat
PaganWifey
iri9109
Lynnieluve
KinkyNappyHappy
LovingNapps_2
naturalhonney
Karyn
ChrsLvsBks
neethair
Offandrunning
natural83
CurlsGalore
oooop2
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Got my hair professionally done after doing it myself for 4yrs!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got my hair professionally done after doing it myself for 4yrs!!!

Post by adiaha 4th February 2010, 3:24 pm

I love it, I paid 65 for my two strand twist too but it wasnt nearly as nice as yours, probably due to my length but you give me hope.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Got my hair professionally done after doing it myself for 4yrs!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got my hair professionally done after doing it myself for 4yrs!!!

Post by oooop2 4th February 2010, 11:27 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:She did an awesome job, and she only charged $65? AMAZING!!! I will never complain about shrinkage again!!! WOW......

Yeah and what's crazy is that my hair can shrink shorter than what's shown...LOL

Lynnieluve wrote:I love it!!! $65 is not a bad at all!!

What did she do to the front? Two strand flat twist? They are so small it's hard to tell from the pic.

2 stranded flat twist to the front. Coiled 2 stranded twist to the back. If anyone knows how to twist like this and has how to pics, please post.

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Your hair looks great! I love it. I can't believe she only charged $65. I haven't gotten my hair done in forever, you make me want to go get pampered.

After 4yrs, I just needed a break. I know a lot of us pride ourselves on being DIYers, but every once in awhile, a little pampering is a good thing Smile

NaturalNixon wrote:ohhh weeeee!! that is purrty!! 65.00 is not bad and I know it felt GREAT to be pampered.

It felt awesome Smile

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, that looks really good. Is it tight? Does your scalp hurt? Are those twists in the back?

She did a good job. Price not bad at all.

Nope..Not tight at all. Nope scalp doesn't hurt either. The twist aren't tight. Yep, coiled 2 stranded twist in the back.

NikG20 wrote:Wow, it looks really great!! Gotta love all that shrinkage, huh? I love you So do you think you will be going back? Did she do these on wet hair or dry hair?

Yeah..My shrinkage doesn't bother me. I've learned to embrace it. I have no choice...LOL

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I really appreciate it!!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 5th February 2010, 11:16 am

wow oops im glad u gave someone else a chance cuz i know u were skeptical. $65 aint bad at all for 4 hrs of twisting! your shrinkage is crazy...its like dont let the bob look fool ya cuz it stretches to repunzel status!! looks good, how long you gonna keep it in?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th February 2010, 12:35 pm

It looks Awesome!!! and $65 isn't bad at all!!! Gotta love that shrinkage dontcha!! What products did she use?

My stylist is natural and I definitely plan on using her every now and again. I keep trying to convince her to do a straw set. LOl she looks at me like whatever!! hahahahahaaaaaaa Good stuff!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by misha 5th February 2010, 5:30 pm

Very pretty.
misha
misha

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 5th February 2010, 5:32 pm

wow ur hair looks gorgeous! Its looks so shiny and healthy!
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 6th February 2010, 1:17 am

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:wow oops im glad u gave someone else a chance cuz i know u were skeptical. $65 aint bad at all for 4 hrs of twisting! your shrinkage is crazy...its like dont let the bob look fool ya cuz it stretches to repunzel status!! looks good, how long you gonna keep it in?

I plan on keeping them in until my scalp becomes too itchy or the style becomes to frizzy.

sweetdrk1 wrote:It looks Awesome!!! and $65 isn't bad at all!!! Gotta love that shrinkage dontcha!! What products did she use?

My stylist is natural and I definitely plan on using her every now and again. I keep trying to convince her to do a straw set. LOl she looks at me like whatever!! hahahahahaaaaaaa Good stuff!

I think some folks that see my hair think I got straw sets. When my hair is actually twisted. Does your stylist think your hair is too short for a straw set?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th February 2010, 10:58 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:It looks Awesome!!! and $65 isn't bad at all!!! Gotta love that shrinkage dontcha!! What products did she use?

I think some folks that see my hair think I got straw sets. When my hair is actually twisted. Does your stylist think your hair is too short for a straw set?[/quote]

She doesn't like the time it takes to set. But you inspired me, so I went and got a roller set!Those rollers hurt like hell but I love it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 7th February 2010, 2:05 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:

I think some folks that see my hair think I got straw sets. When my hair is actually twisted. Does your stylist think your hair is too short for a straw set?

She doesn't like the time it takes to set. But you inspired me, so I went and got a roller set!Those rollers hurt like hell but I love it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [/quote]

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! How long does that take? And how long will it last?
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th February 2010, 2:22 pm

I think $65 is the going rate for two strand twists because that's how much my stylist charges too. Your hair looks awesome. I'm a new natural and I really hate shrinkage. Only because it doesn't allow your hair to show what it can really do. But, I also like the way I look with short hair. So in that respect, it doesn't bother me.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th February 2010, 2:32 pm

THANKS!! Oooop2 I wasn't under the dryer that long, less than an hour. Of course I woke up and its smashed to my head!! LOL I will take a pic and post in my BNB of the before and after I separate! I am hoping to get a week out of this. I will keep you posted.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th February 2010, 6:53 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You should make this your new profile pic!! I love it!!! That's a great pic of you!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th February 2010, 12:01 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You should make this your new profile pic!! I love it!!! That's a great pic of you!!!

thank you!! will do!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 10th February 2010, 10:51 pm

So today makes 1 week since I got my hair twisted. I HAVE NOT applied any product to my hair. All I do is cover with a plastic cap when I take a shower, and cover with a silk scarf and stocking cap at night. In the morning, all I do is shake my head and go. I've also worked out 3x since getting my hair twisted. My hair does not feel dry or matted at the ends and it still has a great sheen. My scalp is starting to feel a bit tingly (but no dandruff), so I will definitely have to add something to it this week.

My week comparison:

Black top is from last week, grey top is from today
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 10th February 2010, 10:55 pm

Your hair looks amazing and you have great length!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 11th February 2010, 12:27 am

Your hair looks great and it looks like you should get 3-4 weeks out of it. I have to final a natural salon in my area. My birthday is in a few weeks and I would love to treat myself.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

http://curlsofluv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th February 2010, 1:24 am

You hair looks really good to be a only a week old. It barely looks a day old!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th February 2010, 12:32 pm

Your hair is holding up soo good. I am pleased to say my curls are hangin in there too!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak 11th February 2010, 2:18 pm

Looks very nice.
Mak
Mak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2