CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

+54
NaturallyStarlet
makeupvixen
snappynappy
KiNkYnEsT
BreezyBaby
quincie1479
dalas1216
Fabulously Fluffy
NewRibena
NickkiBCurly
wavezncurlz
BajanPrincess82
Sunni J
veggiegirl314
rebelrocks
KreyolKatt
Notthecoolmom
Iomer
tamtam7
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
alove16
NubieNatty
truet
FierceNerd
loveself247
LuvMeLuvMyFro
D-Lish
splitsun
bella gee
cinnamoncurlz
d.denise
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
CurlySpeechTherapist
Pi*Jay
SheeTacular
Lioness_Mane
Courtie
Succinctlyso
CocaColaCutie
Mzbush
hayylee
NaturalNixon
*CurlyNikki*
oooop2
CurlyDoesIt...
krenea
natural83
Jonezy
Marche'
cutencurly
dajewel
Dricka
58 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now - Page 4 Empty Re: Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

Post by wavezncurlz 10th November 2009, 12:10 pm

I liked the TCB in the tube with the brown top. I was natural back in the 80s and that's the only thing that moisturized my hair without it getting too greasy. I cried when they stopped making it.

I also used the pink lotion. It worked for me. Can someone tell me what is so bad about it. I know it smells funny.
wavezncurlz
wavezncurlz

Back to top Go down

Name ol' school products that you won't touch now - Page 4 Empty Re: Name ol' school products that you won't touch now

Post by NickkiBCurly 10th November 2009, 12:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cannot stand any of them....The smell of them gives me the creeps....
NickkiBCurly
NickkiBCurly

http://nickkibcurly@blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NewRibena 10th November 2009, 1:13 pm

Here goes:

John Frieda - anything
Royal Crown
Vita Pointe
Perm Repair
Ultra Sheen
Jam in any form
Pink Lotion
Motions
NewRibena
NewRibena

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulously Fluffy 10th November 2009, 1:15 pm

LOL!!! OMG! Ok luvg the "every flavor" of softee lol. Seriously that indian hemp one and the coconut oil were all up in my scalp. Dax was the miracle drug to make ur hair grow and the african pride stuff...it smelled so good. I never used the brwn gel (too hard) but let's jam was my bestest friend, now it does ABSOLUTLY NOTHG!! I was so sad to lose my buddy *sniffle* Ooh what else....moisture max, mane n tail, pink oil (of course, but even relaxd bertha nvr really liked this), and of course oil sheen spray (in the blue and silver aerosol)!!!
Fabulously Fluffy
Fabulously Fluffy

Back to top Go down

Post by dalas1216 10th November 2009, 1:56 pm

Does anybody remember Wildroot? My mom used to swear by it...and of course Pink Lotion, and Kemi oyl.
dalas1216
dalas1216

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 10th November 2009, 2:05 pm

Kemi oyl

I haven't thought of this in years! My mom used to slather that stuff on my head!!!

I can smell it right now. UGH. Greasy mess. My mother probably still has a bottle of that as we speak. I'ma look next time I'm over there.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 10th November 2009, 5:20 pm

OHHH, how I forgot about Perm Repair...........I shoulda new better, the name said everything. lol.

Never again,

Sulfer 8 - Even though I love the smell
MTG

and my worse offense of all..PRESSING with no HEAT Protectant.
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 10th November 2009, 5:51 pm

quincie1479 wrote:OHHH, how I forgot about Perm Repair...........I shoulda new better, the name said everything. lol.

Never again,

Sulfer 8 - Even though I love the smell
MTG

and my worse offense of all..PRESSING with no HEAT Protectant.

OH GOD! Perm repair! That milky substance from the pits of you know where, lol
my mom used to put that stuff on my head! Oh, the pain of perms! Yuck.
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 11th November 2009, 12:44 am

Fabulously Fluffy wrote:LOL!!! OMG! Ok luvg the "every flavor" of softee lol. Seriously that indian hemp one and the coconut oil were all up in my scalp. Dax was the miracle drug to make ur hair grow and the african pride stuff...it smelled so good. I never used the brwn gel (too hard) but let's jam was my bestest friend, now it does ABSOLUTLY NOTHG!! I was so sad to lose my buddy *sniffle* Ooh what else....moisture max, mane n tail, pink oil (of course, but even relaxd bertha nvr really liked this), and of course oil sheen spray (in the blue and silver aerosol)!!!

Isoplus was in the blue and silver aerosol. I forgot about that stuff!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by BreezyBaby 11th November 2009, 2:46 am

I was on that Vitapointe for a while!
BreezyBaby
BreezyBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by KiNkYnEsT 11th November 2009, 4:13 pm

SuperGro
Pink Lotion
Motions Pink Lotion
Mane& Tail Conditioner
Don't Be Bald
Blue or Green Grease
360 Pomade
Sulfur 8
And the list goes on sadly lol
KiNkYnEsT
KiNkYnEsT

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 11th November 2009, 6:13 pm

Don't Be Bald....that made me smile. Never heard of it, but I think it gets my vote for the best product name ever!
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 11th November 2009, 6:26 pm

Kattya wrote:Don't Be Bald....that made me smile. Never heard of it, but I think it gets my vote for the best product name ever!

LMAO at "Don't Be Bald"!!! I so remember seeing that as well as the horrible ads promoting the product! It had a girl on it with her edges ate off reeeally bad...they showed the before and after pic! Man, that's crazy, but I DO remember that! Hahahahaha!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 12th November 2009, 2:50 pm

Grease
Pink oil
motions
relaxers
Suave/HE shampoos
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 16th November 2009, 2:18 pm

Wow, I feel so out of the loop with this one. We could only afford coconut oil. It came in a clear jar and had a brown top. I would see things like Jam, Pink Lotion, and Just for Me in the stores but I could never afford to buy it.

I had to do my own hair since I was 7. Had to just figure it out. If I was lucky or my mom had some extra cash laying around then I could get a french roll from the beauty salon done. There I was told to never leave water in my hair or it would break off, I was told not to over condition my hair because the cuticles would open and make my hair split.

I wasn't using all the harsh products but my so called part-time beautician was giving me all the wrong info on hair.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyStarlet 17th November 2009, 3:08 am

African Pride, full of sticks and herbs plus it smelled like candy
NaturallyStarlet
NaturallyStarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by back2nap1120 17th November 2009, 4:35 am

LOL!! How funny is it that all of us have pretty much used the same products at some pint and time! So sad! Im definitely gonna have to go with the Blue Magic hair grease and the Pink Lotion!! -SMH-
back2nap1120
back2nap1120

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th November 2009, 5:00 am

PINK LOTION AND JAM (OOOOOH JAM, IT AINT PEANUT BUTTER HAHAHAH) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 17th November 2009, 7:14 am

any relaxers
any petroleum based products
any hair gels, spritz and holding sprays...yeah, I'm with y'all on the Isoplus. LOL!
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 2nd December 2009, 8:39 pm

murray's grease... that stuff sticks to your hair like glue
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd December 2009, 9:37 pm

I forgot all about the Royal Crown grease! I used to get my hair pressed with that stuff. I got my ears burned many times because of it or at least thats what my mom said ,"Child that ain't nothin but the grease!"
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd December 2009, 9:38 pm

My mom used to say the exact same thing!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd December 2009, 9:42 pm

lol I don't know who they thought they were fooling.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4