CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Out Hair

4 posters

Go down

Work Out Hair Empty Work Out Hair

Post by LilyFlower8604 31st January 2010, 4:16 am

Hey Naturals, I try to hit up the gym at least three times a week. And while this was never an issue for me when I was relaxed, I've realized it is extra difficult (I'm probably making it more difficult than it is) to put my hair up while at the gym. It's shoulder length and my pony tails always look a hot mess even before I start running. It's easy to ignore whatever my hair looks like while working out, because whose hair looks good while on a treadmill for 60 minutes anyway.
But for some reason, once I'm done working out, I've sweat my curls into either limpness or frizz and always need to do another co-wash or shampoo before schedule.

Am I being paranoid, over analyzing or what? Or is there anything special anyone does or products you use so the sweat doesn't screw up your curl??
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Work Out Hair Empty Re: Work Out Hair

Post by Lynnieluve 31st January 2010, 11:00 pm

I have you thought about doing chunky twist and maybe pin them up or put them in a ponytail? It sounds like you are working out with your hair loose. I'm I right?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by PyreFli42 1st February 2010, 1:28 am

I had a similar question, and I believe that I found some suggestions from a thread in the health and fitness section. I think some mentioned twists, bantu knots, french braids, or wearing a scarf to keep it smooth while working out. On a typical day my hair is pinned up with bobby pins, which works ok with work outs except that it can frizz up if you sweat a lot (I do). And I do tend to at least rinse my hair to get salt (sweat) out pretty often. HTH!
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 1st February 2010, 3:17 am

i usually wear a puff to workout or a hat...I wash my hair after I go to the gym always though because my scalp gets very sweaty!

right now I have my hair in braid extensions so i dont even have to worry about what it looks like ! lol
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyFlower8604 1st February 2010, 3:22 am

I usually pin my hair up for work. But do some type of pony tail when I work out. I'm having the same problem as PyreFli with my hair frizzing from sweat. My frustration is that my curls end up frizzy and messed up and it takes up too much time for me to wash or co-wash and style by the time I get home from the gym after working all day.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down