CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your hair likes protein...

3 posters

Go down

If your hair likes protein... Empty If your hair likes protein...

Post by tressedforsuccess 22nd January 2010, 1:01 am

If your hair likes protein, is it safe to assume that your strands are fine? I have no idea how to tell if my hair is fine or coarse, thick or thin. The one thing I do know is that my hair responds well to protein, does that tell me something about my texture or am I adding 1+1 and getting 3? Razz
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

If your hair likes protein... Empty Re: If your hair likes protein...

Post by jamaicacurl 22nd January 2010, 1:55 am

From what I've read, most ppl with fine hair respond well to protein. My hair likes protien and it is fine. I just look at the individual strands. I think my hair is really a mix of fine and medium. But beyond that trial & error will let you know what your hair likes and dislikes.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 22nd January 2010, 5:20 am

I have thick and coarse hair. Some strands are fine but most are not. My hair loves protein and I DC with Aubrey Organics GPB once a week with good results. I'll even co-wash with a protein anti breakage conditioner and use Giovanni direct leave in, which I understand is protein based. My hair loves it all!
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 22nd January 2010, 7:43 am

R2D2 wrote:I have thick and coarse hair. Some strands are fine but most are not. My hair loves protein and I DC with Aubrey Organics GPB once a week with good results. I'll even co-wash with a protein anti breakage conditioner and use Giovanni direct leave in, which I understand is protein based. My hair loves it all!

Thanks. I've been avoiding protein, but it's caused my curl definition to go steadily downhill. Today I did an Aphogee treatment and they popped back up, so I'm thinking that I need protein for my curls to be defined. I already co-wash with HH LTR which has a protein, but I guess that's not enough. After my Aubrey HSR conditioner runs out, I'm going to grab the GPB and start using that for DC's instead.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down