CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is their hair like yours????

+8
Corygentri
earthy natural
~NaturallyShe~
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LearninToLove
Mom2KurlyT
PyreFli42
NhappyJackie
12 posters

Go down

Is their hair like yours???? Empty Is their hair like yours????

Post by NhappyJackie 21st January 2010, 12:41 pm

Is your child's hair like yours? I am wondering b/c my oldest daughter is transitioning right now. My hair hates olive oil. It makes my hair very dry and hard. I found out that African's Pride Organic Kids line of products has a detangling moisturizer in it but it contains olive oil. It also has a few proteins in it that my hair doesn't care for either.
She and I have the same hair texture.

What are the chances that her hair will frown at this product?

Here is the ingredient list: Water- Aqua, , Propylene Glycol, , PEG 150 Distearate, , Cetyl Alcohol, , Polyquaternium-37, , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, , PEG-1 Trideceth-6, , Soybean Oil- Glycine Soja, , Glycerin, , DMDM Hydantoin, , Cyclomethicone, , Phenyl Trimethicone, , Lanolin Oil, , Glyceryl Stearate, , PEG-100 Distearate, , Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copo, , Methylparaben, , Propylparaben, , Stearalkonium Chloride, , Fragrance- Parfum, , Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, , Cocoa Seed Butter- Theobroma Cacao, , Carrot Seed Oil- Daucus Carota Sativa, , Shea Butter Fruit- Butyrospermum Parkii, , Yellow No. 5, , Red No. 40, , Blue No. 1, , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, , Olive Fruit Oil- Olea Europaea, , Mink Oil- Mustela, , Jojoba Seed Oil- Simmondsia Chinensis, , Tocopherol, , Tea Tree Leaf Oil- Melaleuca Alternifolia, , Egg Powder- Ovum, , Milk Protein- Lactis Proteinum, , Honey- Mel, , Silk Amino Acids, , Cholesterol, , Corn Oil- Zea Mays, , BHT, , BHA, , Coconut Oil- Cocos Nucifera, , Safflower Seed Oil- Carthamus Tinctorius, , Rosemary Leaf Extract- Rosmarinus Officinalis, , Nettle Extract- Urtica Dioica, , Horsetail Extract- Equisetum Hyemale,
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Is their hair like yours???? Empty Re: Is their hair like yours????

Post by PyreFli42 22nd January 2010, 2:03 am

I'm curious about responses to this.

My daughter's hair looks quite different from mine; it's very clear that the outer layer of her hairs lie much flatter than mine, her curl pattern is different and more uniform than mine, etc, etc. But our hair tends to like the same products (hers just doesn't need quite as much moisturizing as mine). I don't know if that's a trend, so I'm curious what other parents have found!
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 22nd January 2010, 2:20 pm

My daughter's hair is VERY different from mine. I would consider her a 3c/4a, her hair is thick overall but her individual strands are thin and curly. (I'm not natural but I would consider myself to be about a 4b.) It is about shoulder length and I am scared to death to do a style with it out. It must all be braided or twisted. My step daughters hair is 4b/4c and their hair thrives on Mane and Tail, however, it did not work on my daughter at all. I am currently using the African's Pride Organic Kids line too and I love the detangler/moisturizer. I am interested in using the Curly Q's line to define her curl more and give her the opportunity to actually wear her hair out. We'll see!
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 23rd January 2010, 1:37 pm

One of my daughter's is a 3 and the other is a 4. I think I'm a 4 too so I'm closest to the 4. Whatever I try on her should work on me whenever I do my BC. My 3 daughter got it from her father's side...
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 1st February 2010, 5:00 pm

My daughter and I could be hair twins! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ~NaturallyShe~ 2nd February 2010, 3:36 am

I'm new to the hair typing but from what I've read, I'm like a 4a/4b but my daughter (who's 7) is more like a 4b/4c.

Some products that work well for my hair (Suave, coconut oil) don't work well with her hair and vice versa (Herbal Essences).

Last edited by ~NaturallyShe~ on 2nd February 2010, 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more)
~NaturallyShe~
~NaturallyShe~

Back to top Go down

Post by earthy natural 7th February 2010, 8:10 pm

My daughter's hair is very different from mine -- she has very fine, thin curly strands whereas my hair is very very thick and kinky/coily.
earthy natural
earthy natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 9th February 2010, 1:18 pm

My daughters hair is different from mine. It is VERY dry!! Her hair sucks on moisture and is dry as a bone moments later so I spend a lot of time giving her hair moisture. I am 3b/3c and she is more 3c/4a. Her hair has that dusty look like her daddy!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 25th March 2010, 11:10 pm

My daughters hair is different. Hers is deep s wavy w/curly ends...mine is curly/coily. We use the same hair products!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Magnolia 1st April 2010, 11:52 am

Different. I have been natural for a year now. My hair is lots of things. It has patches of coils. It's mostly an undefined, not really coily or curly, but it's very thick and frizzy waves. Sort of looks like a blow dry, but only half way done. I must use braids or twists to get "definition". My hair can get very dry and straw like if I am not careful.
My daughter? Fine strands, but lots of volume, very thick. Tons of bouncy shiny, type 3 curls and coils.
We can luckily share most products, but I make most of them. I can tolerate butter very heavy, for example, but for her it must be much lighter and creamy.
Time to submit pics I suppose!
Ms.Magnolia
Ms.Magnolia

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 24th April 2010, 6:57 pm

My mum is 4a and I'm 3b/3c. Smile
NhappyJackie wrote:
What are the chances that her hair will frown at this product?

Here is the ingredient list: Water- Aqua, , Propylene Glycol, , PEG 150 Distearate, , Cetyl Alcohol, , Polyquaternium-37, , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, , PEG-1 Trideceth-6, , Soybean Oil- Glycine Soja, , Glycerin, , DMDM Hydantoin, , Cyclomethicone, , Phenyl Trimethicone, , Lanolin Oil, , Glyceryl Stearate, , PEG-100 Distearate, , Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copo, , Methylparaben, , Propylparaben, , Stearalkonium Chloride, , Fragrance- Parfum, , Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, , Cocoa Seed Butter- Theobroma Cacao, , Carrot Seed Oil- Daucus Carota Sativa, , Shea Butter Fruit- Butyrospermum Parkii, , Yellow No. 5, , Red No. 40, , Blue No. 1, , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, , Olive Fruit Oil- Olea Europaea, , Mink Oil- Mustela, , Jojoba Seed Oil- Simmondsia Chinensis, , Tocopherol, , Tea Tree Leaf Oil- Melaleuca Alternifolia, , Egg Powder- Ovum, , Milk Protein- Lactis Proteinum, , Honey- Mel, , Silk Amino Acids, , Cholesterol, , Corn Oil- Zea Mays, , BHT, , BHA, , Coconut Oil- Cocos Nucifera, , Safflower Seed Oil- Carthamus Tinctorius, , Rosemary Leaf Extract- Rosmarinus Officinalis, , Nettle Extract- Urtica Dioica, , Horsetail Extract- Equisetum Hyemale,

Is she co-washing through her traansition? Because I noticed the product is loaded with silicones, so she may get build up if she's just cowashing.
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by soleil 6th May 2010, 12:39 am

Not at all! My son (no daughter for me!) has a blend of my kinky curls and his daddy's straight, smooth texture. His hair is nothing like mine at all! The products I use tend to be too heavy for his hair.

My son
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A recent photo of me (well, the back of my head. Lol)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

See! So different. Definitely a learning experience for me!
soleil
soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down