CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinky vs Nubian Twist

3 posters

Go down

Kinky vs Nubian Twist Empty Kinky vs Nubian Twist

Post by neethair 20th January 2010, 12:47 am

Hey Ladies-

I need your help. I would like to get my hair braid to protect it for the next couple months. I would like to do some kind of twist but there are so many different kinds of twist. What's the difference between kinky and nubian twist?

Please let me know the difference? As well as which do you like better and why?

Blessings
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Kinky vs Nubian Twist Empty Re: Kinky vs Nubian Twist

Post by Hair2Me 21st January 2010, 8:02 pm

Do you have any pictures of the nubian twists? I think that any protective braid style would yield the same results as long as the hair isnt braided too tightly, so I guess it may be your prefernce on what style you like better.
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 21st January 2010, 8:13 pm

Okay, found this pic online and I have to say that I prefer the kinky twists personally.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 22nd January 2010, 11:41 am

Thanks Hair2Me-

I agree, I the kinky twist look much better. They are both twist is the hair the difference? Also do you know if these styles can be done with human hair. I don't like the stiff look. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 22nd January 2010, 12:00 pm

Ive never seen kinky twists done with straight hair, I think those would be Senegalese twists.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was thinking about getting these as well, I think they're very pretty.
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 22nd January 2010, 1:03 pm

I like these too.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 22nd January 2010, 1:11 pm

Hair2me-

I love your youtube jounery. I wish I would have done something like this when I started my transition. LOVE LOVE the micro braid with the middle out. I use to get micros all the time and that is how we did it. It takes no time when you just get the outer done. I am going to try the wet and roll. My signature style has been a straw set. I love it but it takes tooo damn long. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 22nd January 2010, 2:21 pm

Thanks Neethair! I started taking the braids down but needed to stretch them a little longer so thats where the braids came from! Lol! Now I know next time. I started the videos as a way to keep myself motivated, this way I can SEE the progress so I wont get discouraged and end up relaxing.

Ive never done the straw set but I want to try it, does it work better on long hair?
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 22nd January 2010, 3:25 pm

No, I look it better on short hair because it full and you can spike it up, pin it back and it usually last almost 2 weeks. I sleep in a satin bonnett, get up put my shea/coconut mix in it, spike it up and go. It's easy.

My avatar pic is not a good representation b/c it's a little flat, I just needed to put a pic up. I will see if I have a better pics to show.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJerseygirl17 23rd January 2010, 10:20 pm

Hi neethair

I'm also transitioning (last touch-up 27 Nov 2009) and I live in No Va. Do you do your own straw set? I called a couple of natural hair salons in DC and they did not want to touch my hair unless it was totally natural. Any recommendations? Right now I'm managing by myself, but not sure how I will manage as the new growth comes in later dance

MsJerseygirl17

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 24th January 2010, 12:02 am

Hey MsJerseygirl17-

First Congrads on your transition. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Yes, I do my own straw set. It's pretty easy but takes a little time. Unfortunately, I'm not that savvy to do a YouTube video but I think there are some out there. I went to Essential Hair Spa in Laurel, MD. The girl that did my hair is no longer there but the other women did nice hair. I also heard that Fabulocs in MD does nice hair. You may want to try one of them.

HTH
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down