CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Spent on Hair

5 posters

Go down

Time Spent on Hair Empty Time Spent on Hair

Post by tiashaunteé 12th January 2010, 12:30 pm

For many of us the amount of time and dedication we spend on our hair is A LOT. Has anyone received any complaints? So far DH hasn't said anything but I know that is partly because I takes a lot of time when I do his hair and he gets to watch Football without me bothering him, LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Time Spent on Hair Empty Re: Time Spent on Hair

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2010, 1:22 pm

In the beginning, my husband would often say I was spending too much time on my hair. This was from about August '09 until October '09.

Now he rarely says anything. Why you may ask? Because he has heard the compliments first hand when we are out together and read the beautiful comments others have written here and other places. Also, I try to work in the longer processes when he is sleep or working.

He does get on me about the amount of time I spend on the web looking at hair related information. I do try to limit the amount of time spent when he is around. He works crazy shifts so I spend quality time when he is off.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 3:49 pm

My hubby always walks in the bathroom and say...."Ooh, you're in your hair again. Are you about to twist it?" LOL! He doesn't complain though. He always tells me, "My baby looks pretty."
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 12th January 2010, 3:57 pm

This is a good one. First I have to say my husband gets an A+++ in this area. We have been together for 16 years and he has never once complained about the time that I spend on my hair. I try not to spend so much time on my hair but I am always doing something to it. He is very patient and certain styles like cornrows (the tiny ones) and individual braids can be time consuming for me. And like Chrs I do try to do certain things while he is at work or asleep. But he is really good about me having my "me" time. If our children start to crowd around me when I'm doing my hair you can always hear him say "Don't you see you mamma doing her hair". So now my kids actually say that if one catches another giving me grief about my hair. He also likes when I receive compliments on my hair and it makes him very proud. In typical alpha male style he sticks his chest out and smiles. When he says "damn baby I love your hair " (which he did yesterday) then I know I am having a good hair day and I know he appreciates the time that I do spend on my hair. Ok, Ok, I am not going to go on about this because I can but you get the picture, I have a very supportive man! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th January 2010, 4:00 pm

I always wonder how mother's do it. I only have DH and the dog....both are okay on their own. But children...I know that is a different story.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 12th January 2010, 4:27 pm

Yeah tiashauntee, my kids are 14, 9, & 7 so there is some good spacing there but my youngest can get needy and my hubby is real good with taking the kids out or playing with them so that I can do what I gotta do. It's a good balance. So if you have that balance now it will work itself out when the little ones come alone [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 12th January 2010, 5:16 pm

My husband doesn't complain, he just doesn't understand how I can invest that much time and energy into my hair. He compliments me all the time and hears the compliments others give me, so he knows whats up!

However, he does complain about the amount of time I spend online! He says I'm addicted to hair boards/sites.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down