CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When do you find time to do hair?

+11
Mom2KurlyT
Frizzcurls427
TutuPink
Lynnieluve
naturallawmom
Corygentri
naturallyu
raina
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LearninToLove
Intelligentbeauty
15 posters

Go down

When do you find time to do hair? Empty When do you find time to do hair?

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 3:06 am

I am a 9 month transitioner and although I know washing and detangling transitioning hair takes a long time. I wonder will it get better once I am fully natural. I see everyone doing styles like individual twists and I am like this is time consuming.

So when do you find time to do your hair? Where is the family when you are doing your hair?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

When do you find time to do hair? Empty Re: When do you find time to do hair?

Post by LearninToLove 4th January 2010, 3:25 pm

When I'm doing my child's hair, she's sitting down watching a TV show and usually her other siblings are watching with her.

When I do my hair, is after everyone goes to bed (8pm) and it's just me and hubby up.
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 4th January 2010, 3:28 pm

My daughter loves having her hair done so she doesn't care when she has it done. She usually comes to me and let me know how she wants to have it done (yes she is that bossy). I prefer to do her hair on our lazy sunday afternoons.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 4th January 2010, 4:33 pm

I do my hair in the early evening if i am cowashing so that its dry by the next day.Otherwise I braid it up at night before bed. It really does get easier! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 5th January 2010, 12:43 am

I do my daughter's hair on the weekend and she is usually watching tv. I do my own hair at night when both kids are asleep. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am also transitioning and while doing my hair might be time consuming initially (ex: roller set), I typically only set my hair once a week. The rest of the week is dedicated to maintenance (moisturizing, sealing ends, etc.)
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 5th January 2010, 1:06 am

Like many of you I do my daughter hair in front of the TV on Wednesday and Saturday nights after her bath. We tie it up every night so it will last. I do mine after she goes to bed. I was mostly just wash and gos but now that it is cold and I am adding new styles, I will do mine the same days as hers.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallawmom 6th January 2010, 2:21 pm

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:My daughter loves having her hair done so she doesn't care when she has it done. She usually comes to me and let me know how she wants to have it done (yes she is that bossy). I prefer to do her hair on our lazy sunday afternoons.

How old is your daughter? Mine is almost 2 and there must be a very intriguing episode of Sesame Street on in order for me to do her hair! I try to wash her hair on Saturday night, let it air dry in 6 braids. Then on Sunday I will put her hair in 2 strand twists. I do the twists in two settings. There's no way she would sit still long enough for me to do the entire thing.
naturallawmom
naturallawmom

http://ethicalesquire.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th January 2010, 1:49 am

I am a stay at home mom. I usually wash my hair before my son wakes up in the morning. If styling isnt gonna take too long, I can do it while he is watching Sesame Street or one of his other little educational show. I prefer to do it after we put him to bed though (8:30pm).
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th January 2010, 8:10 am

I wash my sons hair every other day with their bath. I am so afraid of ringworms on their scalps. I find as they get older, people just love touching their head. I hate that!!! I do not know where these people's hands have been. So I wash and moisturize every other day. As for me, Friday nights is mommy time (sometimes)...lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by TutuPink 18th January 2010, 7:39 am

I wash my daughter's hair on Thursdays. She doesn't like the washing part, but the styling she's cool with it. She will sit for long periods watching tv or playing beauty salon w/one of her dolls. I've never had a hard time with weekly maintenance. She loves the so called "Princess Salon".

TutuPink

Back to top Go down

Post by Frizzcurls427 18th January 2010, 11:46 pm

Hey everyone! We have a hair routine [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . My daughter truly hates getting her hair washed but I have her on a weekly wash/condition routine. I wash and condition her hair on Saturday. If I cannot do it on Saturday then Sunday it is. After I'm done washing her hair while she is in the tub (she acts as if I am trying to hurt her if I attempt to put her up on the kitchen counter and wash her hair while she leans back over the sink so that doesn't work) I then style her hair after she gets dressed. We put on Noggin or one of her favorite movies and I get da stylin' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] She does pretty well when I'm styling her hair so it's pretty smooth sailing after the hair washing drama! She cries and begs me to stop and I sometimes feel like I can't take it but I just remain calm despite her crying and carrying on and I find that when she sees that mommy is calm then she stops crying.

Frizzcurls427

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT 22nd January 2010, 2:24 pm

I wouldn't say my daughter loves to get her hair done, but she doesn't cry anymore so I'm cool with that! She just turned 2 in December and our routine is on Saturday (Sunday if we have plans). I take her braids out (she always has braids or conrows) and I wash, condition and detangle. I too keep a style in mind and it normally takes me about 3-5 hours to finish the whole process. She is such a trooper, she watches tv, eat snacks, does her doll's hair, and sometimes she goes to sleep. But each time we're done she always says "Mama, pwetty?" and I say "Yes, baby, you're pretty". Man, I love her...
Mom2KurlyT
Mom2KurlyT

http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 26th March 2010, 1:47 pm

Hair used to consume my time...pre-poo, poo, through styling, both my hair and my dau's hair. Well that had to change and did change yrs ago. Dau & I hair is done every wk or two, but is styled wkly. Rosemary and tea tree oils are great at refreshening our scalps during non poo wks.
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 11th April 2010, 1:28 am

My daughter is 2 and I do her hair in the bathtub. She does not have much but she does not notice what is going on when she is in a tub fool of toys! She has 2b/3a hair.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 16th June 2010, 11:26 pm

I usually do mine on Sunday night. Hubby has her and it's usually late in the afternoon/evening, so she goes to bed before I finish. I usually do hers on Saturday night and maybe Wednesday night if it needs it.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by bride91501 1st July 2010, 2:31 pm

I have THREE girls (God help me everyday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) so finding time to do their hair and mine is always a challenge. This is one of the reasons I've decided to PC- my BC was on 5/31/10. It gives me more time to practice my newly learned healthy habits on their hair, and mine while I'm weaved up lol.

I normally start doing their hair on Saturday morning, and I have the last head finished by Sunday evenining. I've taught my 2 oldest how to co-wash and shampoo their own hair, so with them I normally only have to apply a leave-in, seal and braid. My 3 year old just started taking swimming on Wednesdays, so we've made that her hair day for the summer so I can shampoo, condition, seal and braid her hair after swimming.

HTH!

bride91501

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down