CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lou Ana Coconut Oil

+4
tsa919
Bosandi
NhappyJackie
MissFierce21
8 posters

Go down

Lou Ana Coconut Oil Empty Lou Ana Coconut Oil

Post by MissFierce21 11th January 2010, 12:38 am

I have read different things about unrefined and refined coconut oil and I was wondering, what's your take on it. I saw the Lou Ana Coconut Oil in Wal-Mart, in the cooking section and I was wondering if anyone else use it or is it okay to use? Thanks in advance for any responses.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Lou Ana Coconut Oil Empty Re: Lou Ana Coconut Oil

Post by NhappyJackie 11th January 2010, 5:38 pm

I use it and it makes my hair really soft. Thanks for asking this question b/c I didn't even think to check and see if it was okay for the hair.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosandi 11th January 2010, 6:19 pm

How funny, I bought this about a month ago and haven't tried it yet. I've used Crisco with a mixture of oils and coconut milk as a DC and it worked fine so the Lou Ana is probably okay too.
Bosandi
Bosandi

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 13th January 2010, 12:16 am

tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 13th January 2010, 12:17 am

Bosandi wrote:How funny, I bought this about a month ago and haven't tried it yet. I've used Crisco with a mixture of oils and coconut milk as a DC and it worked fine so the Lou Ana is probably okay too.

WHerecan I get cocnut milk? Educate me on it. How does it work? Isit think? I heard of it,but never seen it before. WHen we went to St.LUcia they talked about that and coconut water.
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 13th January 2010, 12:29 am

Trenice, I have four bottles of the Vatika, you're welcome to have one (i bought it from Amazon, I thought I was getting a bargain but FOUR, i was tripping).

You can you get coconut milk from the grocery store, usually in the international foods isle.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Bosandi 13th January 2010, 2:42 pm

I can't tell you how it works, lol. I had some sort of DC hair recipe that called for it (I thought I kept it but couldn't find it in my email). I thought I had all of the ingredients but didn't so I concocted my own formula that included the Crisco. It turned into more of a hot oil treatment than anything else. My hair was softer and well conditioned.

The coconut milk consistency was a little thicker than regular milk I think. I thought it would have this wonderful smell but it had no smell at all. If you decide to try it make sure you buy the real deal - no low fat version.

Hey Adiaha - I was born and raised in N.O. Go Saints - all the way to the Super Bowl!!!
Bosandi
Bosandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 13th January 2010, 2:49 pm

How funny indeed! I meant to ask about Lou Ana Coconut Oil myself a few weeks ago. Saw a huge tub of it at Kroger for $5. But since I didn't see on the package that it was unrefined I ended up buying a more expensive (and smaller bottle lol) from a health food store instead.
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 13th January 2010, 3:31 pm

I have personally used coconut milk in my DC and it works very nicely for me. It seems to make my hair really smooth and shiny.

I've heard of Lou Ana Coconut oil but I have my jar i bought from whole foods still so I never really looked into it...
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tsa919 14th January 2010, 12:21 am

Bosandi wrote:I can't tell you how it works, lol. I had some sort of DC hair recipe that called for it (I thought I kept it but couldn't find it in my email). I thought I had all of the ingredients but didn't so I concocted my own formula that included the Crisco. It turned into more of a hot oil treatment than anything else. My hair was softer and well conditioned.

The coconut milk consistency was a little thicker than regular milk I think. I thought it would have this wonderful smell but it had no smell at all. If you decide to try it make sure you buy the real deal - no low fat version.

Hey Adiaha - I was born and raised in N.O. Go Saints - all the way to the Super Bowl!!!

Black and Gold to the superbowl!!!! lol.I will be in SAINTS gear SATURDAY! Hey!!!
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinita07 16th January 2010, 3:09 pm

I tried the LouAna cuz my mom had it in the kitchen for cooking but i personally didn't really like it...previously i had used a natural, unrefined brand from the health food store and LOOOVED the results, so i ended up going back to this brand...I only used the LouAna stuff a coupla times so i dont really know for SURE that it was sooo terrible, I may just have been biased, but I hesitate to put anything refined & processed on my hair/scalp/skin...the all-natural stuff is more expensive, but i dont have to worry about it at all, i KNOW it is pure, so i'd rather pay more...
Chinita07
Chinita07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down