CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Big Chop?

3 posters

Go down

2nd Big Chop? Empty 2nd Big Chop?

Post by Curlz of Luv 8th January 2010, 5:23 pm

Happy New Year to all!

I did my BC on 11-03-09 and my hair is growing slowly. I have also become a true PJ since my big chop. What I have noticed that the new growth is so much softer than the ends of my hair. I did my initial big chop myself after wearing micros for about 2 months and I had my last relaxer in July 2009 (I think). After I cut the length I went to my beautician and she cleaned it up for me and I put in a color (BC and gray hair was too much of an initial shock). I was co-washing every other day but since it got really cold I am co-washing once a week and wash/DC once a week.

I am not sure where to go now? Do I cut it again?

I think I am a little overwhelmed at this point.

C
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

http://curlsofluv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

2nd Big Chop? Empty Re: 2nd Big Chop?

Post by divadr175 9th January 2010, 6:50 am

Welcome to the Forum.

My first question for you is what what another BC accomplish? What are your goals for it? softer hair, trimming of damaged ends,etc.

Second question is what is your ultimate hair goal? Length, thickness, just overall health? Then decide if another BC will help you get to that goal sooner.

My thoughts on the difference in texture:
1. Permanent color changes hair texture. The difference you feel may be a result of that.
2. You're taking much better care of your hair now so your new growth is coming out strong, while that ends are still in damage recovery.

Have you tried using heavier moisturizers on the ends then the roots? During my first month or so after BC, my hair required a lot of moisturizing. I did a lot of EVOO prepoo treatments and saw amazing softening of all my hair, including my ends. My hair loves oils and butters, so I have come up with my own shea butter/oil mixture and use it almost every day, even with my hair in twists I still need to put it on every couple of nights.

I hope this helps.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 9th January 2010, 3:01 pm

I don't think you should do another BC. I think you should grow your hair out, get to know it some more, and then maybe trim it regularly to get rid of any damaged ends. Just give your hair a chance to grow first.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down