CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Goals

+16
TerraD
Tamren
maysay
ChrsLvsBks
LearninToLove
cocoachanel
Intelligentbeauty
oooop2
tiashaunteé
Keisha
AfrikanLatina
sweetdrk1
jamaicacurl
likethemoon
Curly Film Chick
renren
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your main focus?

Hair Goals I_vote_lcap18%Hair Goals I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 12 ]
Hair Goals I_vote_lcap25%Hair Goals I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 17 ]
Hair Goals I_vote_lcap3%Hair Goals I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Hair Goals I_vote_lcap4%Hair Goals I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Hair Goals I_vote_lcap46%Hair Goals I_vote_rcap 46% 
[ 31 ]
Hair Goals I_vote_lcap4%Hair Goals I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 68

Hair Goals Empty Hair Goals

Post by renren 1st January 2010, 7:44 pm

Hey Ladies,
I have been thinking lately about my hair goals and what I have achieved thus far on my hair care journey. I stated recently in the hair resolution thread for 2010 that I want to stick to a stable routine and exercise and drink lots of water..... I guess what im really focusing on this year is the overall Health of my hair. I know that with health, length will come but my main goal is the health.

What is your main focus this year??

Do you already have the health and regimen part down and will be trying to retain length? or learning to style your hair? thickness maybe?

I know that with focusing on one of the above goals may eventually lead to accomplishing another but what is your primary focus?

I have included a poll..... i hope it works lol

Thanks for your responses ladies!!
renren
renren

Back to top Go down

Hair Goals Empty Re: Hair Goals

Post by Curly Film Chick 1st January 2010, 10:03 pm

great poll!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by renren 1st January 2010, 10:17 pm

I saw a poll similar to this on LHCF so i wanted to get a consensus here... im hoping that based on the results of the poll we can start some support threads or challenges to track our progress, share tips and give eachother support towards achieving our particular goals.
renren
renren

Back to top Go down

Post by likethemoon 1st January 2010, 11:10 pm

i love to read so i'm always researching ways to ensure the continued health of my hair and retention of its growth. now that i'm more aware of what i need to be doing, i'm excited to see my hair growing, learning new styles...this is such a beautiful and exciting journey and i am soooo in love with my hair i could kiss it - and will when it's long enough to reach my lips. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

great poll, renren!
likethemoon
likethemoon

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 1st January 2010, 11:23 pm

This is a good poll! I chose the greedy option because I do want it all Smile This year I plan to learn and do as much as I can to make my hair as healthy and thick as I can so that I can grow it longer. And I'm always in need of new styles!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd January 2010, 12:06 am

I am on the health kick especially after my protein scare!! I am coveting my curls like the holy grail right now!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 2:16 am

I want my edges back so I chose other. I didn't loose them because I wasn't taking care of my hair...it was post partum shedding that got me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love my son more than anything but no body told me shedding was part of the deal. I'm happy to say I'm getting back on track. Its taking time but my edges are definitely making a comeback.

Overall hair health is what's most important to me.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 2nd January 2010, 2:49 am

My main hair goal is to stop all this breakage. Im slowly getting away from using my denman brush when styling my hair. Now I have moved onto using a widetooth comb when styling, which isnt much butter. Eventually I just want to use my hands to get a smooth style, hopefully by doing that the breakage will cease
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd January 2010, 2:59 am

It took a little over a year of trial and error to find out what works for my hair and to bounce back from 20+yrs of press-n-curl heat damage. I finally got it and I think my hair is healthy. Now I am working on maintaining that health and length retention.

My biggest problem is all the info I am getting from all the intelligent ladies on this site. I want to try out a little bit of everything, LOL. I have learned that my hair likes it simple and am trying to keep my regimen as simple as possible. I get the best results when I do. My hair doesn't like to have to get used to something new too many times in a row.

Currently, minimal manipulation and keeping my ends protected are contributing to my length retention.

My last length check:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 2nd January 2010, 3:11 am

Mine is definitely growth. I got away from somethings in 2009 that really helped my hair grow in 2008. I plan on revisiting some old techniques/regimes, to help with my hair growth.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 3:16 am

oooop...your hair is lovely. One day I aspire to have hair like yours Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd January 2010, 3:17 am

tiashauntee wrote:It took a little over a year of trial and error to find out what works for my hair and to bounce back from 20+yrs of press-n-curl heat damage. I finally got it and I think my hair is healthy. Now I am working on maintaining that health and length retention.

My biggest problem is all the info I am getting from all the intelligent ladies on this site. I want to try out a little bit of everything, LOL. I have learned that my hair likes it simple and am trying to keep my regimen as simple as possible. I get the best results when I do. My hair doesn't like to have to get used to something new too many times in a row.

Currently, minimal manipulation and keeping my ends protected are contributing to my length retention.

My last length check:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your growth is inspiring. I'm falling in love with my hair and its starting to love me back.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 2nd January 2010, 3:20 am

@AL, thank you. I am doing my next length check in the spring so I will continue to do protective styles until then. I am anxious to see how it looks then. Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd January 2010, 3:33 am

I picked other because I still have to BC. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Once that is done, I think my hair health will be fine. It's just the styling and growth I will have to work on.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by renren 2nd January 2010, 11:01 am

Thanks for the responses ladies!!!! You all are gorgeous and im sure we can achieve our goals for 2010.

For all the ladies that chose length.... ooop2 has a personal growth challenge shes about to start.... head on over there.

I want to start a challenge HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH soon but im still thinking of how it could be done... any suggestions of the rules we can have in the challenge?

Keep the responses coming ladies!! Its gona be a great year! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
renren
renren

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoachanel 2nd January 2010, 5:03 pm

For me it would have to be length and health.

I think my hair health is okay but there can always be improvement.

I definitely want some more length. I think I've learned enough within the past year to help me retain more length. I plan on wearing my hair in protective style all the time except for special occasions.

I definitely don't need help with thickness - my hair is hella thick. I feel the thickness of my hair is one of the factors that prevents me from realizing exactly how long my hair is.

And I'm pretty good with styling. I love experimenting my styles and watching youtube videos style tutorials. Once my hair is longer I will style some more because I'm focusing on trying to be more low manipulation.
cocoachanel
cocoachanel

http://perfectiongranted.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 2nd January 2010, 6:09 pm

I chose all because Imma need all. I'm transitioning so I NEED to be healthy for the new growth, I also need the length and new styles. About the only thing I don't need to work on is thickness. I think I have enough of that.
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd January 2010, 7:15 pm

I chose Im Greedy I want it all. I like styling my own hair but I get bored easily so in the midst of trying new styles, I want to ensure I am keeping it healthy.

I think my hair's overall health is good but I want it to remain.

My regimen is pretty much set but I want to retain thick hair and let it grow let it grow let it grow. I want the very front edges to thicken up. They broke off from all the flat ironing and blow drying I did.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maysay 3rd January 2010, 3:14 am

My main focus is health. My hair is 12 inches and of course I want more but that'll never happen if I keep having to cut hair off.

I'm having a huge problem with incomplete splits (basically having a hole in the strand from the hair splitting apart). I can't fix the ones that are already there but I will be working really hard to prevent any new ones from happening. I also really need to work on my edges in the front...clearly they're not healthy since I can't get them to stay on my head.

I'm focusing on strong hair in 2010 and beyond.

maysay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 3rd January 2010, 3:37 am

What is your main focus this year??
My main focus(es) are length and a REGIMEN!!!!
Do you already have the health and regimen part down and will be trying to retain length? or learning to style your hair? thickness maybe?
It has been the healthiest it's ever been (in a long time!) but I need a stable regimen, to cornrow/flat twist and it's pretty thick.
I know that with focusing on one of the above goals may eventually lead to accomplishing another but what is your primary focus?
The primary? Length!
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 3rd January 2010, 3:25 pm

maysay wrote:My main focus is health. My hair is 12 inches and of course I want more but that'll never happen if I keep having to cut hair off.

I'm having a huge problem with incomplete splits (basically having a hole in the strand from the hair splitting apart). I can't fix the ones that are already there but I will be working really hard to prevent any new ones from happening. I also really need to work on my edges in the front...clearly they're not healthy since I can't get them to stay on my head.

Have you checked out Chicoro's FOTKI album? She was having the same problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by maysay 3rd January 2010, 9:06 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
maysay wrote:My main focus is health. My hair is 12 inches and of course I want more but that'll never happen if I keep having to cut hair off.

Have you checked out Chicoro's FOTKI album? She was having the same problem.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

maysay

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 3rd January 2010, 9:57 pm

I chose "I'm greedy I want it all" LOL. Like ChrsLvsBks, my hair is pretty healthy. I now want to retain length, maintain health and learn how to do more styles that last.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 19th January 2010, 1:38 am

I picked greedy!! I have to have it all, a woman's hair is her crown and glory and after years of growing it long with a perm and cutting it just to grow it back (I get bored easy) I now want to grow it long and natural to see if I can get back what I had in my childhood days. Didn't know the gift I had back then but this natural hair is a gift God wanted me to have so I am finally embracing it and loving it!!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 19th January 2010, 4:00 am

My hair is really thick already so I want health. I also want length so that I can do more with it but I know health is more important.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next