CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT'S YOUR BEDTIME REGIMEN FOR FIERCE HAIRDO'S???

+8
BajanPrincess82
ChrsLvsBks
Enchantment
ShugAvery
gammainme
dajewel
akaprincess00
loveself247
12 posters

Go down

WHAT'S YOUR BEDTIME REGIMEN FOR FIERCE HAIRDO'S??? Empty WHAT'S YOUR BEDTIME REGIMEN FOR FIERCE HAIRDO'S???

Post by loveself247 18th December 2009, 11:20 pm

HOW DO YOU DO YOUR HAIR BEFORE BED? The question is not only....."How Are You Wearing Your Hair Today" but we would like to know and see what process and products you are using to develop your style over night. How are you achieving those chunky two strand twist, bad bantu knot outs, wash and go, etc. Please post pics and videos so we can master the techniques to achieve the same styles some of us have a hard time succeeding in. study
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

WHAT'S YOUR BEDTIME REGIMEN FOR FIERCE HAIRDO'S??? Empty Re: WHAT'S YOUR BEDTIME REGIMEN FOR FIERCE HAIRDO'S???

Post by akaprincess00 20th December 2009, 12:17 am

I'm one of those curlies that re-twists every night. But when I'm too lazy, I use a technique that I read online. I take several bobby pins & pin my hair into a fro-hawk. I rub a bit of castor oil on my edges & tie on a silk scarf. On top of that, i put on my silk bonnet. In the morning, I just take the pins out & refluff with coconut oil on my hands. This helps minimize frizz & shrinkage a bit when I'm trying to stretch a twist-out.
akaprincess00
akaprincess00

Back to top Go down

WHAT'S YOUR BEDTIME REGIMEN FOR FIERCE HAIRDO'S??? Empty Re: WHAT'S YOUR BEDTIME REGIMEN FOR FIERCE HAIRDO'S???

Post by loveself247 20th December 2009, 1:12 pm

@akaprincess00...I will keep that in mind. I have to retwist my hair every night too because if I don't when I wake up it will be stingy and lymp no matter what type of satin scarf I use. If I don't retwist my hair I will be forced to pin it up.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th December 2009, 3:56 pm

i put six two strand twists into bantu knots secured with bobby pins. i find this helps with preserve my twists outs, moisturize and protect the hair.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 22nd December 2009, 12:00 am

@dajewel..how often are you doing that,,is it every night? If not, how do you maintain your style?
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 22nd December 2009, 12:31 pm

very pretty avatar loveself- i do the same thing dajewel does except with a few more bantu knots and instead of bobby pins, i just tuck my ends to secure. I do it every night if i want a curly look the next day. So easy that i just unravel my bantu knots while i am driving to work, minimal fluffing and done.
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Post by ShugAvery 22nd December 2009, 12:58 pm

After moisturizing, I flat twist my hair into about 10 twists
and cover it with a satin scarf. I'm going to attempt the baggy
method every night starting tonight.
ShugAvery
ShugAvery

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchantment 22nd December 2009, 2:02 pm

What's the baggy method ShugAvery? lmao @ your name, lol
Enchantment
Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd December 2009, 2:19 pm

Here are pictures of how I sometimes preserve my curls for the next day. I add moisture and seal with oil before bed and again the next morning.

Pineapple
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Satin bonnet

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 22nd December 2009, 2:32 pm

I wrote this somewhere else, but I'll put it here too! In order to preserve my twist-outs and braid-outs (or any 'out' style) I moisturize my hair with my shea butter/coconut oil mixture and then seal with oil. Then I put my hair into three loose ponytails; one on each side (above my ears) and then one in the back. I put a scarf on the edges and then put my satin bonnet on to cover my whole head. Right now I'm working on day 5 hair and just today put it in a puff (edges started looking a tad rusty!).
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 22nd December 2009, 2:55 pm

@ BajanPrincess82- Great suggestion! Since my hair was previously cut in layers the back is a little short for the pineapple ponytail. It ends up straightening out my curls from being pulled up so high. I'm gonna try the 3 pony's tonight. YAY!
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by ShugAvery 22nd December 2009, 7:12 pm

Enchantment, It's when you moisturize your ends and seal them with oil
before covering them in plastic wrap or a shower cap. It helps to retain moisture and length.

Shug is one of my role models!
ShugAvery
ShugAvery

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 22nd December 2009, 9:08 pm

@gammainme..thanks for compliment..
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 4th January 2010, 8:29 pm

I'm still working on keeping my bantu knot-out looking good without having to re-knot every night.
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 4th January 2010, 8:39 pm

I try to drag my twist outs to as long as they can last. To achieve this, i braid my twist out at night. Big dookie braids, so about 5 or 6 on my head. I make sure not to detangle the unraveled twist by not running my fingers through them; Just pick up the unraveled twist and pull into a braid. After i braid i spray with my homemade leave in. A mix of JASON lavender condish, water, infusium 23 leave in, and coconut oil. In the morning my curls are defined and oh-so-moist =)
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by bighairluv 5th January 2010, 12:01 am

With bantu knots, I use a satin scarf at night and make sure to position my hair so no strands are sticking up or going in crazy directions the next morning. I don't re-knot because I'm plain lazy and I also prefer looser curls instead. I just shake my head in the morning and keep on moving.
bighairluv
bighairluv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down