CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st timer!!!!

3 posters

Go down

1st timer!!!! Empty 1st timer!!!!

Post by back2basics 18th December 2009, 10:20 pm

Hi everyone! I'm fed up wit my hair aaahhh!!!!! I jus don't kno wat to do! My last relaxer& BC was August 2, 2008. I cut my hair from mid-back length to bob short wit the back faded. I then went even further to cut my hair above my ears. I'm bi-racial (Caucasian & African-American) So dealing with my hair has always been a big struggle. My mom did'nt kno how to style my hair so I was often forced to chop it off! Once that didn't seem to make things easier for her, she began to put relaxers in my hair when I was 11. So for 10+ yrs, I was constantly relaxing my hair. Then last June, I found out I was pregnant & I dreaded with having to deal with my long hair for he summer. So I did the BC!! However, I remained blow drying & flat-ironing my hair. I was so self-conscience about my hair not being "presentable" that I would flat-iron everyday! So I'm here now looking for closure to my hair dilemma. I'm in need all types of advice such as wat shampoos/conditioners to use, should I blow dry, shoud I cut my hair again, etc. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!!
back2basics
back2basics

Back to top Go down

1st timer!!!! Empty Re: 1st timer!!!!

Post by Deva_87 19th December 2009, 2:24 am

well first i hope you havent damaged your hair with all that heat. if you do flat iron then you should definitely use a heat protectant. as for products im transitioning and still experimenting but I just found the new love of my life Aussie Moist conditioner. I use this for a co wash. its really good if you need a little extra moisture. HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by back2basics 19th December 2009, 2:58 am

Thanks! But do u think I should cut my hair again? Do the whole TWA thing?
back2basics
back2basics

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 22nd December 2009, 12:50 pm

Morning back2basics,

I hope you haven't damaged your hair with all that use of heat. If your ends can be trimmed w/o a BC, begin deep conditioning your hair weekly and start co-washing your hair regularly. This should help put moisture back that was stripped away during flat ironing. I use cheap conditioners like Suave Naturals or VO5 Moisture Milks for co-washes. I follow with a leave-in conditioner and moisturizer such as Curls' Curl Souffle. Make sure to always seal your ends with natural oils and butters. It's all about moisture my dear.

If you get too lazy like I do sometimes, use the baggy method instead of DCing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by back2basics 22nd December 2009, 3:44 pm

Ok Thanks for the advice! I have BC'd since posting this & I love it! I just have to begin searching for products to keep moisture in my hair cuz I have very dry hair that soaks anything u put in it. To start off, so far, I'm using suave to co-wash & bed head's moisture maniac as a leave in. I still have to get something to seal my ends so I'm going out today to find something.
back2basics
back2basics

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 23rd December 2009, 1:14 pm

@back2basics: There is so many different oils that would do the trick to seal your hair. I use EVOO that I found in the house or you can try shea butter which is really good. I think Jojoba and sweet almond oils are a bit lighter than the EVOO or you could try 100% coconut oil. You'll find something that will work for your hair.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by back2basics 23rd December 2009, 3:16 pm

Thanks!
back2basics
back2basics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content