CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not necessarily a newbie (love mentoring programs)

4 posters

Go down

Not necessarily a newbie (love mentoring programs) Empty Not necessarily a newbie (love mentoring programs)

Post by Notthecoolmom 15th December 2009, 1:59 am

I am not as newly natural as some of the other ladies, but I could always use more knowledge and experience.

I think I have mostly 4a 4b hair and a section in the front that I can't classify.

I am looking for more insight on:
the amount of product to use
more style ideas for my twa
how to trim my ends
etc, etc

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also do my daughters hair which seems to be mostly 4a with a small section in the back of 4b that stays dry so any suggestions for a little one will be great.

Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Not necessarily a newbie (love mentoring programs) Empty Re: Not necessarily a newbie (love mentoring programs)

Post by NylaCoils 15th December 2009, 2:02 am

@notthecoolmom- I love the pic of you smiling! The other pic looks like you are saying- Don't mess with me girl! lol
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Not necessarily a newbie (love mentoring programs) Empty Re: Not necessarily a newbie (love mentoring programs)

Post by Notthecoolmom 15th December 2009, 9:44 am

Yeah that's pretty much what I was saying...been a stressful month. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by robinlouise 15th December 2009, 1:04 pm

i love this idea! i'm not exactly a newbie, either, but could use mentoring, especially from natural women of a "certain age" LOL! i find that on most forums, the posts are from our younger sisters (i.e., 35 and down); when you are in your 40s, you have hair challenges and concerns that include appropriate length, growth and how hormonal changes may affect you, appropriate styling, etc., etc. i have mostly 4a hair with a little 3c in spots and i'm struggling with growing out (again) and styling my twa without doing a wash-no-go (i live in chicago, so in the winter that's pretty much not an option). i'm also a full-on pj!!
robinlouise
robinlouise

Back to top Go down

Post by earthychic77 17th December 2009, 4:26 am

Ditto on the not being a complete newbie but still having questions.I have yet to find a regimen that I can maintain and get the same results. Is it normal to be a year plus in and still be in the trial and error phase?
earthychic77
earthychic77

Back to top Go down

Post by robinlouise 17th December 2009, 1:25 pm

@earthychic - your hair in your photo is super-cute! i am well into natural (on again, off again for 10+ years) and i still fool around with my routine. :-)
robinlouise
robinlouise

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 17th December 2009, 2:39 pm

so my hair has definitely reached an "in-between" stage and it seems the only thing I can do is throw a headband on

I need inspiration
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by earthychic77 17th December 2009, 3:27 pm

thank u @ robin, it was actually a spiral set almost gone wrong, i twisted it and it came out pretty good!

" in between" is a good way to define it. I am not that great with styling yet so I am bored these days. If I can get a part time mentor who has styling ideas that would be great, I am more than willing to share!
earthychic77
earthychic77

Back to top Go down

Post by earthychic77 17th December 2009, 3:29 pm

thank u @ robin, it was actually a spiral set almost gone wrong, i twisted it and it came out pretty good!

" in between" is a good way to define it. I am not that great with styling yet so I am bored these days. If I can get a part time mentor who has styling ideas that would be great, I am more than willing to share!
earthychic77
earthychic77

Back to top Go down

Post by earthychic77 17th December 2009, 3:29 pm

earthychic77
earthychic77

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 19th December 2009, 11:21 pm

So this is what I have going on tonight.

I did the oil treatment last night from the blog and based on my first experience. I like it.
I co-washed, did a bunch of hairstyles ended up scratching it and then did braids all over and rolled them with paper bag rollers.

I'm hoping for curly braids tomorrow.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by robinlouise 21st December 2009, 2:03 pm

@ notthecoolmom - how did your braid/curl style work? would love to see a photo!
robinlouise
robinlouise

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 21st December 2009, 3:10 pm

It worked out well...I don't have the photo (I'm a work) but I did post it under the random thoughts forum.

I'll try to post it here tonight.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 21st December 2009, 8:54 pm

robin this is how I'm wearing it now...I may take out the braids Christmas Eve
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 27th December 2009, 11:18 pm

These are my coils for this week.

My hair felt SO soft from the oil treatment last week. I think I'll do it again this week. I'm loving my coils. I know they will flatten out tomorrow, but they are SO shiny. I used EVOO and Kizzy Pomade from Carols Daughter.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 1st January 2010, 9:14 pm

Okay so I really do need a Big Sis to take me under her wing. I'm not big on New Years resolutions, but I do like to make goals.

2010 I want healthy hair for myself and my little one.

Goals:
1. Big beautiful hair for myself (block the view afro by 12/20/10) my birthday.
2. Learn to neatly cornrow and flat-twist (for myself and my daughter)
3. Creating styles for my little one that last at least 5 days.
4. Organizing all our hair "stuff".

If you as a big sis believe you can help me reach any of those goals throughout 2010. I would greatly appreciate it.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down