CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18 Month Anniversary!!!

+3
Jo Somebody
Fleur
naturallyme09
7 posters

Go down

18 Month Anniversary!!! Empty 18 Month Anniversary!!!

Post by naturallyme09 27th March 2011, 6:13 pm

Yesterday, I made 18 MONTHS TRANSITIONING!!! The journey still continues...who knows when or if I will "mini chop"? I've learned so much in that past 18 months and I look forward to continuing my natural hair journey. I haven't used heat (not even blow drying) in over a year but I want to do a length check and get my hair trimmed soon. I have decided to have my hair professionally pressed/flat ironned. Hopefully, I won't chicken out ( heat damage horror stories). Any advice or tips on preparing my hair for heat? woot!
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

18 Month Anniversary!!! Empty Re: 18 Month Anniversary!!!

Post by Fleur 27th March 2011, 6:22 pm

Congratulations on 18 months of transitioning! You definately have my respect for transitioning that long because it couldn't of been easy, but obviously you managed that problem just fine! As for heat, I'll have to get back to you. I know one thing, gel will definitely be my friend this summer and I will not be stepping outside with wet hair in this Texas humidity.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 27th March 2011, 7:34 pm

No advice, but congrats! Your hair in you avvy looks GREAT! Don't think I can last 18 minths, or even 8 months the way things are going! No
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme09 28th March 2011, 11:32 am

@ Fleur Thanks! Good luck battling Texas the humidity. Lol

@ Jo Thanks! Transitioning is a challenge but YOU CAN DO IT! I'm here for advice. Happy Transitioning!
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 28th March 2011, 12:01 pm

Wow, congrats! Your profile pic style is cute too! I am on my 15 month of transitioning, with plans to maybe a mini chop in June-Aug. I have been trimming gradually, so I hope it won't be too much of a shock. I've straightened my hair maybe about 4 times since transitioning and haven't experienced any kind of heat damage - just made sure to do an extra moisturizing deep cond before, then some sort of protein treatment afterwards.

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th March 2011, 12:25 pm

Congrats!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 28th March 2011, 12:28 pm

That's a long transition hats off to you sister lol i personally transition for a year and was getting ready to flip out lol i wouldn't do the heat until i BC because the demarcation line is said to be sensitive so your hair might fall out that's what i saw when i did research on it but i guess you can flat iron the roots only or something Good luck Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme09 28th March 2011, 12:41 pm

@ swt_sunny Thanks! I am style inclined when it comes to my own hair:( Keep me posted on your plans to mini chop/transition. I'm wanting to chop more and more as time goes on. I'm thinking this summer I may give in and chop too. Also, thanks for the heat prep tips. Btw congrats to you too!
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 28th March 2011, 12:43 pm

@naturallyme09, Congrats girl I applaude you, I couldn't transition beyond two days before I had enough of both of them textures...But the important thing is before getting it straightened is a deep condition and make sure the stylist use a thermal protectant to apply before the heat!! Chi makes a really good one that I have used on my hair and others, Mizani has a great one that also adds shine(with there's you can get the oil and/or the spray in my opinion they work the same) Now with the oil I like to apply a few drops in my hand when the hair is wet before blowing it out with a round brush, once its all dry I use the spray all over before sectioning the hair to use the flat iron. Every stylist is different an has their own techniques but blowing it out as opposed to using the comb attachment gives the hair more body and bounce when you flat iron!! Just my thoughts good luck with it!!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme09 28th March 2011, 12:48 pm

@ Sweet Thanks!

@ Creole Wow, omg thanks for the heads up...this is exactly why I am so hesitant about heat. I will do some research too to help me make an informed decision. Thanks!
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme09 28th March 2011, 12:53 pm

@ Luscious Lol,Thank you! I know very little about good heat protectants so thanks for your advice.
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 28th March 2011, 12:59 pm

@naturallyme09, no problem. Many people don't know that they should use a thermal protectant when doing their hair with heat not knowing that their hair will thank them later!!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down