CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My BC and my closet

+2
Lynnieluve
amchang
6 posters

Go down

My BC and my closet Empty My BC and my closet

Post by amchang 2nd March 2011, 1:04 pm

Hey Ladies! Now that I've BC'd I feel the need to dress up a bit more. I was a t-shirt and jeans girl who wore no jewelry and hardly any makeup. I want some suggestions for all you ladies out there. How can I dress relatively simple and still look glamorous? I'm not typically flashy so please keep that in mind. (My profile picture is a good idea of how I dress, I just need more options.) Looking forward to responses, thanks ladies!!
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

My BC and my closet Empty Re: My BC and my closet

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd March 2011, 3:20 pm

Hey Amchang,

Congratulations on your BC!! cheers

I understand what how you feel because I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl too. I still wear my jeans and t-shirts....I just try to find "dressy-er" t-shirts. You know, the ones with girly designs on them. I have stepped out of my box and started wearing things I normally wouldn't wear (more dresses...especially spring/summer time). And my jewelry (mostly earring) game has made a 180! I was a studs and hoops wearer but now the bigger and flashier, the better. I didn't wear makeup at all before I went natural. Now I am wearing it and learning to wear eyeshadow too. Very Happy I guess being natural brings it out of you. Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 2nd March 2011, 3:40 pm

Honestly-
I have up'ed my make up game...and I wear bigger earrings than i used to...

So i think earrings and make up are great ways to look glamorous if you do not want to wear edgier (sp?) clothes...

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by sydnisd183 2nd March 2011, 4:20 pm

i definitely stepped up my makeup game...been watching youtube for makeup tutorials and inspiration. even though i'm not going to spend $$$ on coastal scents 88 color palettes or MAC this n' that I have expanded my makeup horizons and have used colors and brushes i've never used before.

also wore more earrings, more large hoops and dangly things (although i will admit i only wear them 50% of the time lol)
sydnisd183
sydnisd183

Back to top Go down

Post by NeeC1 2nd March 2011, 5:50 pm

Wow ladies! It seems that we're all in the same boat - I'm a sneaker queen. At work it's 100% business or business casual, but I'm most comfy in jeans, tshirts, and sneakers (I still have Jordan sneakers that I bought in '98!! - I take care of them THAT well ... People ask me where I get them).

My BC/MC is this Friday and I almost can't contain myself I'm so excited ... sunny ... I've already been by Icing (or Claire's) to scope out more "girly" earwear - I usually do the studs or smaller, plain hoops also. But, I'm SO ready to step my game up ... I won't be able to stand myself!! (LOL) Very Happy I'm excited and looking forward to this positive change.

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 2nd March 2011, 10:59 pm

I'm probably going to look at a few more head accessories. And some more earrings. Thanks for all the input!
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd March 2011, 1:52 am

I love your Avi you are beautiful! I agree with the others and have nothing to add!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 4th March 2011, 2:26 pm

@sweetdrk1. Thank you! That's sweet of you to say so. I must say though, I went out to Target and bought a neck scarf and very exotic eye shadow (I usually just wear neutral colors, but last night I bought tropical colors!). I may go out and get some bigger earrings. I'm excited to spice up some of my favorite outfits!!
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down