CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morning Hair!!!

+3
naturalqtpy
NhappyJackie
KurlyKK143
7 posters

Go down

Morning Hair!!! Empty Morning Hair!!!

Post by KurlyKK143 1st March 2011, 10:28 am

When i go to bed at night i usually rub shea butter on my hair (TWA) and grab the satin cap! Even when i was perming my hair the satin cap has always been my BFF.... But now every morning i wake up my head looks like a dirty tennis ball! I cant stand it! I co-washed it yesterday added a little shea butter and went out. The curl was different and cute. This morning it looks matted and rough. I am a stay at home mom so i dont have to style my hair everyday but i give it some tlc everyday. Does anyone have this problem? Is it normal? Is there anything i can do to pervent the dirty tennis ball look in the am? Thanks Ladies!!!!(and gents if ur out there)

Products used---giovanni triple tea tree shampoo, aussie moist conditioner, flaxseed gel (homemade), shea butter mix. I also have a little Kinky Curly but im trying to see how this flaxseed gel works bc KC is expensive. I use shea moisture shea elixer every now and then.
KurlyKK143
KurlyKK143

Back to top Go down

Morning Hair!!! Empty Re: Morning Hair!!!

Post by NhappyJackie 1st March 2011, 11:37 am

Sorry, but I think this is normal for a TWA. Try to ease up on the sheabutter as it can give a dull look. It is great for sealing in moisture, as well as blocking it out.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 1st March 2011, 11:45 am

Thanx! Im ok with it being a stage in my process for longer healthier natural hair! Thanks for the tip ill keep that in mind.
KurlyKK143
KurlyKK143

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy 1st March 2011, 12:06 pm

I have the same problem with my twa. I have found that I can revive it with a few spritzes( is that how you spell it? lol) of my water/conditioner/aloe vera juice mixture, a bit of olive creme moisturizer. Finally, i pour a bit of an oil mixture into my hands, rub it together and gently pat my hair while lifting the roots and voila! cheers Good as new Very Happy
naturalqtpy
naturalqtpy

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 1st March 2011, 3:31 pm

yea it doesnt take much to bring it back...it jus looks soooooo bad when i wake up! I hate it! But ur hair looks great!
KurlyKK143
KurlyKK143

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 1st March 2011, 3:42 pm

Yea my morning hair looks like crap. I wear the dreaded bonnet too. My hair looks squished. Lopsided. Yep. I just revive it with some water/leave in and oil and keep it moving. Kinda hard to keep it sexy when you look like a mushroom in the morning tho...
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 2nd March 2011, 1:29 am

Right!!! Ur hair is FAB tho i cant wait to get the length!
KurlyKK143
KurlyKK143

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 2nd March 2011, 11:11 pm

This conversation is so funny to me. When you go to bed with your hair loose you wake up with a matted mess,when you wear a bonet you look like aunt jamimma,and when you twist it you wake up looking like buck wheat. What's a sista to do? Laughing
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 3rd March 2011, 12:53 am

@Happy LOL
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 3rd March 2011, 12:53 am

@CRAVING Loving yr hair.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 3rd March 2011, 2:59 pm

@Happy your soooo right lol! I can only hope when it gets longer its a easier ride lol
KurlyKK143
KurlyKK143

Back to top Go down

Post by sydnisd183 3rd March 2011, 3:10 pm

could be product build up....shea butter is pretty heavy and it does attract dust, dirt etc....when i use shea butter i have to wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo once a week(i use the giovanni 50/50). after clarifying, i do a co wash. sometimes when i remember, i will do my wash the kimmaytube (youtube) way, i'll work the shampoo in my hair, then add conditioner and work that through as well.......then rinse it all out. it's supposed to counter the shampoo's ability to strip all the moisture from our hair.

i've also tried coconut/shea butter whip and shea/castor oil whip to kinda lighten up the shea. i'm liking the shea/castor a lot
sydnisd183
sydnisd183

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 3rd March 2011, 3:41 pm

Beautiful curls! Im trying to understand this stuff lol so i am taking all your advice. I just have to grab a regimen and see if it works trail and error....but my shea butter is a mixture of oils and butter.
KurlyKK143
KurlyKK143

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down