CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HennaSooq.com

3 posters

Go down

HennaSooq.com Empty HennaSooq.com

Post by MsKayDee 14th February 2011, 1:20 am

I have henna in my hair as I type! I had questions about the process and decided to call the number on the business card that arrived with my products (which I received in two days!) and the owner, Khadijah, was super nice and very helpful! Her customer definitely has set herself apart. I mentioned I learned of her site from this forum so she said to tell everyone thank you for the support! She picked her phone up on a Sunday evening at 7pm! Her guidance was appreciated as I thought I may have done something wrong in my henna paste preparation.

Khadijah also has a very informative blog linked to her shopping site and any questions can be asked- which I did several time last week and she responded promptly! Check her site out-she sells fresh and organic BAQ henna and gets an A++ on customer service!
Www.hennasooq.com
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

HennaSooq.com Empty Re: HennaSooq.com

Post by ajsimmons8 14th February 2011, 3:07 pm

Hi Lady, you'll have to post pics of your "after" henna Very Happy I 200% agree with you about Khadija - I've called her so many times; during the week and the weekend and she always answers and is extremely helpful. She has a customer for life from me, because I love, love, love doing business with companies that have outstanding customer service and the fact that she has organic henna, hooked me on her services.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 17th February 2011, 2:27 am

@AJ: Well I think it came out as it was supposed to and I say supposed because I used Yemeni henna which is to have a bright red deposit. I wanted to hold on to my curl pattern in the event it loosened so I added amla powder (about 2 table spoons) to about 50-75mg of henna AND I added honey so I know it toned it down. I see a light tint to my hair which is visinle in certain lightening and it is more brown/red than red which is fine. I am looking forward to my second henna experience. I do know I was tired of getting back and forth in the shower --first to wash my hair, then to wash henna out..then to wash deep condish out. I was pooped. I actually slept in my deep condish. Although I only had my henna on for 5 hours, my urine was a pea green just like the henna! lol I thought that only happened if a person slept in it overnight but I suppose as long as it's on your head and being absorbed it will come out that way. I added a heating cap too so that expedited my absorption rate. My hair is originally very dark brown and looks black so I knew the color would take a while before I could really see it. Plus I have a TWA so by the time spring rolls around and i don't have to wear a hat anymore, my henna color should be popping!

What was your experience like when you first started and when you started to see the cumulative effect/ How often did you do it?
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 17th February 2011, 10:42 am

Hi Lady, congrats on your henna treatment. I've read that some people pee green after doing a henna, that is soooo weird to me and I've never had that happen, but it could be because I usually only leave my henna on for about 3 hours.

My experiences with henna:

my 1st henna: filled with a lot of what I didn't do correctly. I didn't thoroughly mix my henna and ended up with chunks of un-mixed henna. I didn't include the amla with the henna for dye release. I didn't let the indigo sit long enough for dye release; I basically mixed the Indigo and immediately mixed it with the henna. I didn't rinse it out thoroughly - for the next week, my fingernails and hands were orange from the henna bleeding.

cherry

my 2nd: did not use because I didn't want the dark/brown black, I was still a little scared of the indigo. I ended up with a bright orange hairline from the henna where the majority of my gray hairs are. Thankfully it calmed down after about 3 days to a dull copper penny color. I still had the orange fingernails from the henna bleeding.

my 3rd henna: I finally got everything right dance no orange hairline, no orange finger nails because I rinsed, rinsed and rinsed and rinsed so more. I even used a 50:50 mix of henna and Indigo to get a dark brown color, although I miss the red highlights.

The effects of henna, both color and conditioning will increase each time you use it, my hair is so much stronger, less shedding and I've been able to eliminate using a leave-in condish.

Sorry for the long ramble - bottom line, I'm enjoying being a henna head. flower
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 17th February 2011, 10:57 am

Umm peeing green??? I didn't notice, but I also only left mine in about 3 hours. And I never heard that, but it does make sense. Glad it turned out well. My hair is short also so maybe by the third try, I will perfect the color and all the I want and it will no longer be hat weather.....Oh I just did mine two days ago.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 17th February 2011, 12:13 pm

Thanks aj ! Next time I probably won't add honey and use less alma. so can you see color highlights in yourbhair now ?

@ Missy: yes green urine! Thank goodness I had a heads up due to a thread in this forum. When I read that for the first time I was like with ? Lol but since knew I actually was looking to see if it would happen to me.
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 17th February 2011, 12:30 pm

I can see the highlights in my hair in bright light/sunshine, they're more of a deep auburn color right now. I'm actually sitting here with saran wrap around my hair right now. I mixed up some henna last night with a 50:50 ratio of henna and cocoa powder (Butter Queen's recipe), let that sit overnight for dye release and then this morning, mixed some condish in with it. I'm planning on letting it sit in my hair for only an hour or so; really doing more of a henna gloss than for true color deposit. After I rinse it out, I plan on doing a DC with a mixture of HEHH, honey and EVOO. The thing I love about henna and other aryuveda powders is that you can really experiment with it and know that it's all natural and it's all good for your hair. It's a win win situation. flower
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum