CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake dreadlocks

3 posters

Go down

Fake dreadlocks Empty Fake dreadlocks

Post by .nikki.b. 13th February 2011, 8:54 pm

I BC'd last february and I'm having a hard time styling my hair and I've become exhausted with the styles I've been wearing due to lack of length.
So I was thinking about fake dreads. They look very real and they would be a great protective style for summer and the beach. I can wash and style the however id like.
I was wondering if anyone has tried them or know anything about them like cost/pros/cons.
.nikki.b.
.nikki.b.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shanikque-Brand/575929029

Back to top Go down

Fake dreadlocks Empty Re: Fake dreadlocks

Post by BlacknGolden 14th February 2011, 4:36 am

Its ridiculously expensive, I mean like $300-600 depending on the hair dressed it can be more. I had a friend that does hair that was gonna do it for me for only $50 lol. It is a protective style but the issue with washing it is that you may have to re-twist them to neaten them up. The next issue with that is that it can cause your hair to start locking as well. It is an awesome look when done right but you cant really treat it like kinky twists or your own hair. I suggest kinky twists. They still look good after washing and all u need to do is tie it down to keep it neat.
BlacknGolden
BlacknGolden

http://Fotki.com/BlacknGolden

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 15th February 2011, 3:01 am

How about yarn braids? They can kinda look like locs.
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum