CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cute Protective Styles for Winter

5 posters

Go down

Cute Protective Styles for Winter Empty Cute Protective Styles for Winter

Post by tinah012 10th February 2011, 6:57 pm

Hey ladies! Im a bit desperate (and a bit late) I have 4a/b hair that is about 4-5 inches long (i think. i haven't really measured it.) It doesn't seem to be long enough for a bun, and while i like twist-outs and bantu knot-outs, I don't like to leave the twists and knots in because I have fine hair, and it looks all weird with big gaps where my scalp shows. Does anyone know of any cute styles I can try to protect my hair during the winter? I'm worried about my ends. And no weave suggestions please. I'm too tenderheaded!

tinah012

Back to top Go down

Cute Protective Styles for Winter Empty Re: Cute Protective Styles for Winter

Post by Alanija 10th February 2011, 7:19 pm

I've been wearing wigs and faux ponys this winter. I switch them up depending on how cold it is outside. Sometimes I'll even do a braided headband with a beanie and cute flowered headband. I don't like to wear my hair out and loose in the cold weather.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by tinah012 10th February 2011, 7:22 pm

Thanks! I'll try the headbands and hats. Faux hair is hard for me because I seem to be allergic to the synthetic kind. And the human hair is expensive, i hear....

tinah012

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 10th February 2011, 11:52 pm

Hey tinah, I did a bantu knot out set and my hair is between 3-5 inches. It was cute.
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by tinah012 11th February 2011, 2:03 pm

thanks! Ive tried them too. They always come out pretty cute. Ive been trying to figure out how to keep them fresh without having to do them every 2 days. How long r u able to wear yours?

tinah012

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquility 11th February 2011, 4:29 pm

I have been doing two strand twists and curling them loosely (mainly at the ends). I style the twists into different hair styles (1 week). Then I untwist each (carefully detangling each twist) and were it out (~2-3 days). Finally, I brush it into a high ponytail for the remainder of the week. Wash and repeat.....That has worked quite well!
Tranquility
Tranquility

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 20th February 2011, 4:53 pm

I would say mine looked nice for about 2 days, but I wore them in a modified fro hawk. Then I combed out then I wet my hair, combed out the curls and wore another fro hawk or afro lol. Yeah, I've been trying different styles on my TWA. My hair is different lengths and curl patterns and it's crazy. Idid a chunky twist out that I kinda liked.
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by simplysloan 21st February 2011, 12:31 am

This winter It's been two strand twists and braids pulled back in a little updo deal and covered with a silk scarf and a hat.

Sometimes I'll wear some of my quick weave wigs, but more often than not (98% of the time) it's twists, hair pins and a hat.

Just remember to use a silk scarf before your hat!
simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Post by tinah012 22nd February 2011, 7:26 pm

Thanks a lot. But can someone tell me what a quick weave is? Are they hard to do?

tinah012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down