CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best strengthening product? (all natural)

+12
Sheri
CocoEuro
Jo Somebody
misskris
naturallynola
ajsimmons8
FalconTress
ChrsLvsBks
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CarlaAR
dajewel
JazmineB
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best strengthening product? (all natural) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best strengthening product? (all natural)

Post by CarlaAR 22nd February 2011, 4:43 pm

I had to do a DC after the amla just like I do for henna. I haven't used cassia before because I like the color from the henna so much. I might at a certain point...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Best strengthening product? (all natural) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best strengthening product? (all natural)

Post by Sheri 22nd February 2011, 5:19 pm

When you rinse henna out cowash with a cheap conditioner(I like Suave Naturals coconut) I usually use a whole bottle. You will need to really rinse well. Then deep condition with a non-protein conditioner for at least an hour. I got good result from Matrix Biolage conditioning balm(I used the generic one from Sallys.

Sheri

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd February 2011, 5:45 pm

Ok cool. I will keep that in mind. Thanx ladies!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 22nd February 2011, 6:31 pm

you can also mix amla with your favorite condish, a little honey, and EVOO for a really nice DC.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 25th February 2011, 5:13 am

ajsimmons8 wrote:you can also mix amla with your favorite condish, a little honey, and EVOO for a really nice DC.

and it does the same thing as henna, just without the color and curl loosening effect?
i actually wish my curls were just a little bit more coily-er so i dont think ill use henna, i would be upset if it loosened my curls more

and do you guys know what website sells good quality cassia/amla? i have no idea about any indian stores in my area, ide rather just be lazy and buy them online. =]
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 25th February 2011, 10:19 am

Hi Jaz, either of these on-line retailers carry everything you'll need.

http://www.hennasooq.com/ Great customer service, I have emailed the owner several times, with very quick responses, even on the weekend and even called her a few times - Excellent customer service.

http://www.butters-n-bars.com/ the owner is a member of curly nikki under the name of Butter Queen. If you order from her you can use the coupon code of curlynikki for a 10% discount.

ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 25th February 2011, 11:12 pm

Which one has the longest lasting affect? Henna, Amla, or Cassia
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 26th February 2011, 12:51 am

Henna is permanent, Cassia and Amla wear off after 3-4 weeks. But the good thing is all of them can be done often without ill effects.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 26th February 2011, 1:42 pm

Why is the hott comb so bad for straightening hair? I've only straightened once in the last 9 months (recovering from heat damage) and I wanted to straighten again, but all I have is the hott comb. IS it really that bad?
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 27th February 2011, 10:35 pm

ajsimmons8 wrote:Hi Jaz, either of these on-line retailers carry everything you'll need.

http://www.hennasooq.com/ Great customer service, I have emailed the owner several times, with very quick responses, even on the weekend and even called her a few times - Excellent customer service.

http://www.butters-n-bars.com/ the owner is a member of curly nikki under the name of Butter Queen. If you order from her you can use the coupon code of curlynikki for a 10% discount.

Thanks! The Conditioning Hair Masque from Butters N Bars looks really good too. and it has silk protein powder in it, which is something else i wanted to buy & add to my deep conditioners.

Has anyone here ever tried it?
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 27th February 2011, 10:54 pm

I used the conditioning hair mask, and I may not have left it on long enough or something, but it left my hair very dry after I rinsed it out. However, I have read where others have used it and loved it.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2