CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

+66
miamomia
caramelnaps25
LyricurLLy
sweetface1118
Maricopa
BekkaPoo
ablockle
MicaiahTy
CeeC
Pinkpearls
new2curl
caracara01
Peachtree
CrissyQ
wygreen
MsVera
Naturalin2010
caracara
sjoyreed
Allidaughter
JerseyGyrl
happynappy
jerseygirl
Free2Be
Rican42
Freeatlast41
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
jamaicacurl
naturalcrownnglory
padee99
naturalhonney
Lynnieluve
FloridaSunshiny
Russianjoy
Offandrunning
sweetdrk1
TaSiaJaY
Zumbalicious
ElleX
dst27
Naturalpenny
TheRYL1
blondie
Delta87
BlondeByDesire
jcokes
perkynapp
Adeola
Armywife
ShyCurl
savvybrown
Miz B
Natural Wheezes
naturallydestined
Intelligentbeauty
kbelle
Bree125
ChrsLvsBks
lena73
loveself247
traveljunkie08
Rock'n Natural Curls
tshala
NylaCoils
SisterBoyd
70 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 39 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by NylaCoils 25th April 2010, 1:21 am

Going to the flea market tomorrow-
I was so mad- Took my twist out and it rained all day! Went nowhere!
going to the flea market tomorrow!

Co-washed my hair and going to re twist tomorrow on dry hair. I am hoping that will elongate the hair! We shall see!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 39 Empty Re: 35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing?

Post by naturalhonney 25th April 2010, 2:44 pm

So I had a very good result from my henna treatment yesterday the best one yet and here is why. I added alma to the henna and let it sit on my hair for I'll say 5 or 6 hrs, the longest I've done so far. I then made a deep conditioner using HH Hello Hydration, Honey, molases,some Amla I mixed and kept adding conditioner until it was very creamy, before applying I detangled using hello hydration with my hair in sections this was the fastest I ever got through detangling and I enjoyed doing it as it was so easy to do. I rinsed that out in sections and then applied my deep condish again in sections. I then sat under the steamer for 1/2 hr rinsed and began twisting on wet hair using my creamy whippped shea butter. I hate the solid hair butter so I semi melted some coconut oil and added my whipped shea butter and that kept it creamy. It was the consistancy of a hair lotion. I got this tip from youtube.

First off after rinsing the henna I was very impressed my hair was very soft not tangled and I had good curl definition it looked like It was already styled and just needed to air dry. It felt like I already did a deep condish but of course I know better! So thats it I'm twisted up until the weekend!

I didn't mention the henna was prepared the day before I used it!

@ savvy I steeped my cinnamon and cloves will let you know if any more color comes through. This I picked up from the butter n bars site.

@ Nyla sorry it rained!! Hope you find something good at the flea market. I am going to call you!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 25th April 2010, 3:31 pm

No flea market! Had a busy day, yesterday!
I did extra tiny twist, depending on how this looks on friday. They may stay in longer than a week.
done on dry hair - wet the ends and applied knb to the ends

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th April 2010, 5:58 pm

HOnney sounds like you treated your hair good!
Nyla you wanna twist mine, I am so not in the mood! Lol! Especially since it still looks good. It is raining and I am lazeee
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 25th April 2010, 6:55 pm

Honey- you know you got me over here all envious abt that steamer!
I want to stop doing my bootleg steamer!

Sweet- come on down!!!

Girl- In fact, my sister has a friend (named Tracy), Tracy wants to come over so I can do hers.

I am thinking these may stay in over a week because it took me 4 hrs episodes of girlfriends to get them done!
On a different note, my mom drives a convertible! I had my twists blowing in the wind! Just got in!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th April 2010, 9:24 pm

Hey Ladies...hope everyone is doing well!

Been practicing my twists (I really want to join the challenge)...the jury is still out. :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 25th April 2010, 9:46 pm

Ryl- come on in!! It is getting easier and easier!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

35 and older Naturals...where are you and what are you wearing? - Page 39 Empty Bella's twists ...

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th April 2010, 9:19 am

Good Morning Ladies,

Well I placed my KBN order yesterday - couldn't pass up the free shipping. I kept debating and I caved it.

Saturday's hair - fluffed out twist-out.

New set of twists for this week:

So how was everyone's weekend?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th April 2010, 9:29 am

BBD- You hair came out so pretty!!! I have got to get my order in before it is too late! I love her stuff!! I want to try the new scents that she has.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th April 2010, 9:51 am

NylaCoils wrote:BBD- You hair came out so pretty!!! I have got to get my order in before it is too late! I love her stuff!! I want to try the new scents that she has.

Yeah, I did it yesterday - I figure the free shipping will probably be over by the end of April. I'm trying the mango and citrus - I was going to get the watermelon but changed my mind. I forgot to get more gel though.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 3:13 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:
NylaCoils wrote:BBD- You hair came out so pretty!!! I have got to get my order in before it is too late! I love her stuff!! I want to try the new scents that she has.

Yeah, I did it yesterday - I figure the free shipping will probably be over by the end of April. I'm trying the mango and citrus - I was going to get the watermelon but changed my mind. I forgot to get more gel though.

same here!! I want my twist thick and juicy and it won't happen!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Maybe make this a larger? I don't know. I am going to stop trying to have my hair look like someone elses (just bare with me, this is going to be hard) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi Curlies!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 26th April 2010, 3:37 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
BlondeByDesire wrote:

same here!! I want my twist thick and juicy and it won't happen!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Maybe make this a larger? I don't know. I am going to stop trying to have my hair look like someone elses (just bare with me, this is going to be hard) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi Curlies!!

We all have that problem ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th April 2010, 3:51 pm

Ditto to what bella said...We all have that problem ...

I am loving my twists!!!I braid them up in small sections and it elongates them- I can shake my hair!! what!!! OK???

On a different note- I am plugging along with getting the samples for the SC meetup! When this is over, I will tell you guys the companies have donated samples to us!!!
Some of the companies - are letting us sample things that have not even been released!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 4:30 pm

That is great news Nyla!!

thanks guys for letting me know my concerns are common.

SN: I have been getting random notes on facebook from complete strangers about my hair. I mean the good thing is they are usually thinking of going natural..but this weekend I was getting tons of them. I assume they saw me on Curlynikki's page or one of the other fan pages.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th April 2010, 4:40 pm

Sweet- your hair is looking FLAWLESS-!! I am not surprised that you are getting that at all!
I was also noticing that PJ'ism is normal too! I met a natural from my area. She is helping to organize our day at the PARK!
She has tried sooo much stuff!! Just like ME! lol

However, we are also in the same boat... We are now keeping it simple.
Co-wash
Moisturize with shea
and applying oils to the scalp - along with scalp massages!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 26th April 2010, 4:58 pm

BBD...your twists! OMG!

*sighing from the w'n'g girl who can't twist*
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th April 2010, 5:17 pm

sis b- i was abt to tell you- jump on in this challenge! We are missing you! I am so feeling mine!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 5:46 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:BBD...your twists! OMG!

*sighing from the w'n'g girl who can't twist*

I know aren't they unbelievable!!! I have twist envy. Wait I said I would stop it! LOL! Hello my name is SDO and I am a twist stalker! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 26th April 2010, 6:09 pm

I know, right?!! LOL

BBD...I need you to lay hands on my profile in hopes some of your twist "mojo" will rub off on me!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 6:19 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:I know, right?!! LOL

BBD...I need you to lay hands on my profile in hopes some of your twist "mojo" will rub off on me!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 26th April 2010, 7:03 pm

I am abt to vent!!! So pardon me please....
My mom just asked me, If I loved her, I would let my sister and her 3 kids move in with me!
Uh - I guess I dont love you, then! I live ALONE!! ALONE! The last time my sister moved in..She ran up all my bills gave me NO MONEY and moved her man in, too!! Who was a suicidal alcoholic . I had to call my daddy to put her O U T!!! My father has passed and I dont want to take any chances on her moving in here, so she can never leave!!!

F A M I L Y!!!

UGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 26th April 2010, 7:04 pm

BBD LOVE IT!! Tell me how you obtained your color? I'm trying to get similar to what you have and this henna is a sloooow journey. HELP!!

Sweet how can I find you on FB? Maybe I can talk to you being Nyla won't allow me to write on her wall lol Nooooo Nyla you haven't figured out the correct setting yet! lol

When I had loc's I use to wash my hair wondering if I could wash my twist just the same when I'm feeling lazy so I don't have to retwist...Hmm just a thought!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 26th April 2010, 7:06 pm

Nyla I hear you family can be something else! Breathe girl Breathe!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 11:19 pm

naturalhonney wrote:BBD LOVE IT!! Tell me how you obtained your color? I'm trying to get similar to what you have and this henna is a sloooow journey. HELP!!

Sweet how can I find you on FB? Maybe I can talk to you being Nyla won't allow me to write on her wall lol Nooooo Nyla you haven't figured out the correct setting yet! lol

When I had loc's I use to wash my hair wondering if I could wash my twist just the same when I'm feeling lazy so I don't have to retwist...Hmm just a thought!
Honney my name is Gaye Glasspie
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 26th April 2010, 11:20 pm

naturalhonney wrote:Nyla I hear you family can be something else! Breathe girl Breathe!
yes breathe!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next