CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

+8
Nali1987
Fleur
rayray19
sweetdrk1
NeeC1
cyclingchick
Jazzyrin
maemay
12 posters

Go down

2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!! Empty 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by maemay 5th February 2011, 8:37 pm

Hi ladies!! I have been transitioning for a short amount of time (last relaxer mid-November), but today I said, "no more!" I became so frustrated (I was transitioning with a very short "Rhianna" cut) and the two textures was definitely not cute with such a short amount of hair. I woke up this morning and told my hubby that today was the day. I was ready! So we, along with my baby, went to Uncle Funky's Daughter to get it cut. I feel so great! I must say, this is the first time that I went into a salon and was 100%, totally satisfied with my hair. I love the new me!!

Thanks to everyone for their inspiration. You guys don't know how much encouragement folks like myself get when we see your pictures and read your stories on websites. Thanks so much! Very Happy

Last edited by maemay on 5th February 2011, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
maemay
maemay

Back to top Go down

2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!! Empty Re: 2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!!

Post by Jazzyrin 5th February 2011, 8:39 pm

congratsss
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 5th February 2011, 8:44 pm

Congrats! cheers I also had a short transition time. I cut down a chin-length bob to a pixie last Spring and decided to start transitioning in late May...soooooo difficult with short hair. I did the BC just shy of 3 months and it's one of the best decisions I made.

Welcome to CN and enjoy the new you. Very Happy
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

2.5 Month Transition, BC TODAY!! Empty The ol' "Rihanna" cut transition ...

Post by NeeC1 5th February 2011, 9:53 pm

Hello!

I'm in the boat you were in with the "Rihanna" cut ... I plan to transition for a few months, but we all know how plans work sometimes. They don't! (LOL) I'm not afraid to go short, but I need a lil something on the top of my head. Your post BC (or MC) turned out great. Gorgeous. I think more than anything I'm afraid of what kind of noggin' I have under this hair ... if genetics proves me right, yet again, I have my daddy's head and No ... I'll have to stretch this transitioning out a bit longer. Smile Again, congrats to you ... I hope to join you soon!

~NeeC1
NeeC1
NeeC1

Back to top Go down

Post by maemay 5th February 2011, 11:00 pm

Thanks girls!

@cyclingchick, girl, that's my story, I turned 30 in August and got a short haircut from a bob, too. I'm glad I went ahead and cut the relaxer off!

@NeeC1, hang in there girl! It's well worth the wait.
maemay
maemay

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th February 2011, 11:13 pm

Congrats!! You look fantastic!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 5th February 2011, 11:40 pm

CONGRATS!! I was just like you..I had to transition from that short "Rhianna" cut and it was hard to do with little hair..so I only transition for 2 months!! but your avatar pic looks great!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 5th February 2011, 11:45 pm

Congratulations! I'm happy that you were able to take the leap with the short cut. It's a wonderful experience to see how your hair grows when it's that short. I transitioned for 5 months, but the stylist still cut it down to virtually nothing because she didn't know about multiple textures. She kept cutting my hair because she thought I still had relaxed hair in some parts, lol. I should've research better, but oh well. Check out my fotki before and after.

Again, congratulations! You are wearing it well. We are here to help out in any way we can!!!!

Last edited by fleur on 5th February 2011, 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Nali1987 5th February 2011, 11:49 pm

You look great! Congrats!
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 6th February 2011, 12:11 am

CONGRATS , God know i wish APRIL will come so i can finally be FREE i feel like i'm stuck lol you look gorgeous Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 6th February 2011, 2:47 pm

Congrats!!! You look great. I also cut after a 3 month transition. Very Happy
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 6th February 2011, 5:43 pm

Congrats! That's so awesome and you look great! I was a short-term transitioner, too. Your hair is going to grow like a weed!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by SwanLakeLibra 6th February 2011, 8:28 pm

Maemay, your cut looks great. I live in Houston too and thought about visiting Uncle Funky's for a trim but I did not know anyone who had frequented their establishment. Who was the stylist that cut your hair? I wish you the best on your journey.

maemay wrote:Hi ladies!! I have been transitioning for a short amount of time (last relaxer mid-November), but today I said, "no more!" I became so frustrated (I was transitioning with a very short "Rhianna" cut) and the two textures was definitely not cute with such a short amount of hair. I woke up this morning and told my hubby that today was the day. I was ready! So we, along with my baby, went to Uncle Funky's Daughter to get it cut. I feel so great! I must say, this is the first time that I went into a salon and was 100%, totally satisfied with my hair. I love the new me!!

Thanks to everyone for their inspiration. You guys don't know how much encouragement folks like myself get when we see your pictures and read your stories on websites. Thanks so much! Very Happy
SwanLakeLibra
SwanLakeLibra

Back to top Go down

Post by maemay 6th February 2011, 9:14 pm

Thanks everyone. You guys look great too!

@SwanLakeLibra: I don't remember the lady's name that cut my hair. She was really tall with sisterlocks and a nose ring. It happened so fast and I was so excited I totally forgot her name. But she was so nice and encouraging. She interviewed me too! The salon is cozy so it should be easy to identify her. Also, the owners, a married couple, were very nice and informative. HTH!
maemay
maemay

Back to top Go down

Post by maemay 6th February 2011, 9:18 pm

fleur wrote:Congratulations! I'm happy that you were able to take the leap with the short cut. It's a wonderful experience to see how your hair grows when it's that short. I transitioned for 5 months, but the stylist still cut it down to virtually nothing because she didn't know about multiple textures. She kept cutting my hair because she thought I still had relaxed hair in some parts, lol. I should've research better, but oh well. Check out my fotki before and after.

Again, congratulations! You are wearing it well. We are here to help out in any way we can!!!!

I love your pics! Your hair has been just lovely throughout your journey. Very Happy
maemay
maemay

Back to top Go down

Post by maemay 6th February 2011, 9:20 pm

rayray19 wrote:CONGRATS!! I was just like you..I had to transition from that short "Rhianna" cut and it was hard to do with little hair..so I only transition for 2 months!! but your avatar pic looks great!!

@Rayray, I love the different styles you have in your fotki. Very cute.
maemay
maemay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down