CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethiopian woman bashes black women.

+31
yahoosbingos
dajewel
DaButterflyBAP
MissyCee
rayray19
Tiffy2
Humblebug
Jazzyrin
BajanPrincess82
DreamMerchant
MelMelBee
Karyn
Ambitious_Tiff
deeply_rooted_chick
tpayne22
Lakeisha
Music8192
NikG20
naturallychelsea
krys419
QuirkyCurly
Duchess52
bpjedi
kim
raina
amyleia
meepmeep1101
Nali1987
creolebeauty1
omgitsaj
Emartini04
35 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ethiopian woman bashes black women.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Ethiopian woman bashes black women.

Post by Music8192 5th February 2011, 12:57 am

And to add to what I said, It's not only within the black community that this issue occurs. Some other cultures really don't want to be labeled as americans simply because they just don't like americans.

I don't know how often this happens but it does, SOME people from other counties do look down upon the U.S and americans as a people. NOT ALL the people from other countries hate us or believe they are superior than us but, there are some people there that do.

I really hate to put it all in a category but it's a sad truth. MANY, still believe even in 2011, that ALL Black Americans are Uneducated, Stupid, Ghetto, Loud, whatever stereotype you can think of. And like I said, it's something that really can't be avoided. In this day an age, people will still have there own presumtions but its really up to them. Despite the statistic or anyones perception of black americans, I know that not all black people act a certian way. And statistics are not always valid for an entire group or every single human being that lives on earth.

It was just the way she said it and she was demeaning black americans and just the black race it's self. Her use of ALL or MOST; That was what I think offended people THE MOST. lol

She fails to get that in an AMERICAN society your gonna be labeled as black. No matter where your from even if you were not born here. Your labeled as a black american female or black.
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Ethiopian woman bashes black women.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Ethiopian woman bashes black women.

Post by Nali1987 5th February 2011, 2:07 am

@music8192, I agree with most of what you've said. America wasn't popular during the Bush years and still isn't due to military presence practically all over the world, and the wars, the economy crisis, etc, etc. But yes, I agree with what you're saying only to a certain extent though. (A lot) of Americans are just as guilty of prejudice to other (people from other) countries (Muslim countries, African countries, Cuba, Venezuela, etc, etc.) The United States (and black americans) isn't less guilty of the "crime" (for a lack of a better word Suspect ) of misjudging a group/race/country/religious group.
Nali1987
Nali1987

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th February 2011, 3:23 am

no shade, but i think it's funny how some woman from a country where half the people are illiterate is spewing all this bs in AMERICA; the very same country her parents would not have even been allowed to immigrate to had it not been for american black women (and men), about how uneducated bw and bm are etc etc etc. girl bye
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 5th February 2011, 3:35 am

That girl need someone to pray for her and expose her to some educated Black american Women , although being a caribbean myself and hearing some of those stereotypes about Black american women , Africans women and so on i come from a place of " learn to know and judge everyone by their own merit " EVERY race , group , and so on have their ghetto people and their classy people , loose women and so on give me a negative about a group of people i'm sure i can find a positive in conclusion i don't think she should have waisted her time talking about a topic she has no idea about and i hope she gets a brain and her future smh
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 5th February 2011, 3:49 am

Her comments are the result of years of physical and psychological slavery. When Europeans colonized Africa, they brought down fully functioning civilizations that dominated the world (they met some major force) and taught US to hate everything about US. They taught us to categorize, separate, and differentiate ourselves from each other. This continued throughout slavery ie. The Willie Lynch Letter, and continues today.

This is why there is such an argument..."I'm Nigerian, I'm Egyptian, I'm South African, I'm Jamaican, I'm African-American". I'm not saying we should not be proud of our varied cultures, but let's be mindful that we ALL came from the Continent...which makes us ALL AFRICAN!!! It's sad when WE can't see how we've been hoodwinked and bamboozled to believe that we are all so separate and different. I'm proud to be AFRICAN...I'm proud to be the descendant of those africans who REFUSED to die!

Obviously this woman is delusional. She's trying to sound educated...but any educated person can see through her fragile ego. She feels worthless, and this is the only way she can get enough attention to feel good about herself..so sad!

MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 5th February 2011, 7:47 am

Out of the 97 eighth grade students I teach, 69 are black. They are the people she talks about in that first video. It is sad but true. We took them on a field trip to the observatory and it was horrible. They were cursing, stealing, loud, rude......you name it they did it. I hope they mature.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 5th February 2011, 1:24 pm

DreamMerchant wrote:Out of the 97 eighth grade students I teach, 69 are black. They are the people she talks about in that first video. It is sad but true. We took them on a field trip to the observatory and it was horrible. They were cursing, stealing, loud, rude......you name it they did it. I hope they mature.

They are in 8th grade. thats between the ages of 11-13. Still young people and still alot to learn and hopefully room to grow. note that some people do act or go according to the stereotype, but it's not all of us that act like that. You already have this set bias when you teach. You mention the 69 students are black, so each and everyone one of them act according to the stereotype. I want to be a teacher as well, and I personally don't want to teach teenagers because they are at the age where it's harder to drill in ways to respect and act. But your the teacher, and are you doing anything to control or modify this behavior? I'm not saying that it will, but these kids look up to you, and teens are harder to manage. Being a teacher is a even heaver burden because parents expect you to change their kid. I want to be a teacher as well, and I know ill have my share of future pains in the butt, BUT out of almost 100 students, more than 50% of students are black and ALL of them out out of control? They ALL fit the stereotype? Kids alone, TEENS alone are a hassle. If a new student came into your classroom, and was black are you gonna have this bias automatically?
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Duchess52 5th February 2011, 1:44 pm

Music8192 wrote:
DreamMerchant wrote:Out of the 97 eighth grade students I teach, 69 are black. They are the people she talks about in that first video. It is sad but true. We took them on a field trip to the observatory and it was horrible. They were cursing, stealing, loud, rude......you name it they did it. I hope they mature.

They are in 8th grade. thats between the ages of 11-13. Still young people and still alot to learn and hopefully room to grow. note that some people do act or go according to the stereotype, but it's not all of us that act like that. You already have this set bias when you teach. You mention the 69 students are black, so each and everyone one of them act according to the stereotype. I want to be a teacher as well, and I personally don't want to teach teenagers because they are at the age where it's harder to drill in ways to respect and act. But your the teacher, and are you doing anything to control or modify this behavior? I'm not saying that it will, but these kids look up to you, and teens are harder to manage. Being a teacher is a even heaver burden because parents expect you to change their kid. I want to be a teacher as well, and I know ill have my share of future pains in the butt, BUT out of almost 100 students, more than 50% of students are black and ALL of them out out of control? They ALL fit the stereotype? Kids alone, TEENS alone are a hassle. If a new student came into your classroom, and was black are you gonna have this bias automatically?

I felt the need to respond to this...

Don't know how long Dreammerchant has been teaching and how old she is, but I am 58 and I quit teaching...because I couldn't deal with the change in the children's behaviour and their attitude. A lot of parents had the same expectation you have. Teachers are expected to do the work parents should be doing at home. I quit teaching because the majority of children don't show teachers or elders for that matter any respect. You say that children look up to you.....yes in Kindergarden and first or second graders....but that's it. And also it's not just black kids.....

Teaching children starts at home....don't expect a teacher to perform miracles.

English is not my native tongue....I hope though that I do not come across as patronizing or condescending... as that isn't my intention.

Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 5th February 2011, 2:23 pm

@Duchess52 I agree. Teaching does start at home and it gets harder as the kids get older to emphasize the importance of an education. And it's a really hard job. One of the hardest. And if the parent IS not home or what ever the case may be, the teacher undoubtedly takes the role as a second parent. It's NOT THEIR JOB, but they do it. And they can only do but so much. No matter what age, they look up to the adult in there life. Whether they show it or not. The teacher is in that child's life, if they are going to school regularly, 7 hours a day 7 days a week. And yes in some homes and sadly, they get more attention from the teacher than their own parent or other guardian. If your the parent of that child, they look up to you. The adult sets the example. And some parents literally think that teaching is a babysitting job and they don't enforce any rules or discipline on their children. But i digress.I want to teach the babies because it starts when they are young. Teaching regardless is hard but I want to teach them young because that's where you impress them the most and hopefully it will carry on as they get older.

That woman in the video, who ever was her TEACHER, has been lead in the wrong direction. And it starts with the YOUNG PEOPLE if people want things to change.
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 5th February 2011, 2:34 pm

Just watched the video and I'm disgusted. So sad...
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 5th February 2011, 3:38 pm

I'm still waiting for somene to tell me when did black women start moving to japan to find an asian man?

Yeah this chick is beyond dumb and her response video was worse. Really? You thought your friend was going to smile and pat you on the back after you showed her your video?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 5th February 2011, 3:39 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Just watched the video and I'm disgusted. So sad...

I was too girl. And the fact she's an african woman made it even worse she would come out of her mouth in such a filthy way.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 5th February 2011, 6:13 pm

Music8192 wrote:And to add to what I said, It's not only within the black community that this issue occurs. Some other cultures really don't want to be labeled as americans simply because they just don't like americans.

I don't know how often this happens but it does, SOME people from other counties do look down upon the U.S and americans as a people. NOT ALL the people from other countries hate us or believe they are superior than us but, there are some people there that do.

I really hate to put it all in a category but it's a sad truth. MANY, still believe even in 2011, that ALL Black Americans are Uneducated, Stupid, Ghetto, Loud, whatever stereotype you can think of. And like I said, it's something that really can't be avoided. In this day an age, people will still have there own presumtions but its really up to them. Despite the statistic or anyones perception of black americans, I know that not all black people act a certian way. And statistics are not always valid for an entire group or every single human being that lives on earth.

It was just the way she said it and she was demeaning black americans and just the black race it's self. Her use of ALL or MOST; That was what I think offended people THE MOST. lol

She fails to get that in an AMERICAN society your gonna be labeled as black. No matter where your from even if you were not born here. Your labeled as a black american female or black.

Right on. So agree with you.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 5th February 2011, 7:44 pm

This chic def made my blood pressure rise. I mean it really doesnt get anymore ignorant than this "black women are not good women..they just arent" i mean cmon really?? The white men I know love them some black women. I'm not looking for a man to be my "daddy" I have one and he's been married to my mother for 25yrs. What A Shame
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Humblebug 5th February 2011, 9:10 pm

Lmao, obviously she's Ethiopian.

She's an idiot, and I'll say no more.
Humblebug
Humblebug

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 5th February 2011, 10:19 pm

Yeah she does have a LOT of issues...can you say self hate?! and BTW, I'm str8 on dateing Asian men...not enough "meat" in the downstairs area for me LMAO!!!!!!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 5th February 2011, 11:18 pm

Music8192 wrote:

First of all, I did not say that all of us act like that. I said my 69 black students act like that.

I did not stereotype them and my 8th graders are 13 to 15. I witnessed their behavior with my own two eyes. I see them everyday for 90 minutes. I use manners and respect when I talk to them. I have had new black students come to my classroom from other schools in the area. I am a first year teacher and these attitudes and craziness is not what I expected. You can only blame so much of it on being a teen. The rest is home training or lack there of. I have done all I can to "change" their behavior. They have been acting like that for a while. Behaviors like I have seen just do not happen overnight. I wish you could spend a day in my class and you would see what I am talking about. I give them my expectations every day. Forget about having the parents back you up. We did not act like this growing up. It is like they do not care about succeeding. Our reading scores are pathetic. Why can't they read? Why were they allowed to go to another grade when they cannot read and they do not know basic multiplication. It is all how our district enforces the NCLB act. We do not fail them and we do not hold them accountable until they are in high school. I have many grandparents that are taking care of grand kids. I hate when we get the quarterly report for reading scores and our black youth is at the bottom. Where is the disconnect?

Behavior is a choice. I am there to make sure I have a classroom that is safe and free from hostility. Besides, the parents need to be held responsible for their children's actions. These kids curse out their parents and grandparents.

And one more thing. I have had the pleasure of observing 8 of our 14 middles schools in our district ( and I have to go observe another one Monday) and the kids act the same except for the ones that went to a private Catholic school. They give us many different types of teachers to observe from the 30 year veteran teachers to the teachers that have been teaching 2 or 3 years. When I see kids behaving the same way in other schools, it makes me wonder why.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 5th February 2011, 11:30 pm

Duchess52 wrote:
Music8192 wrote:

I felt the need to respond to this...

Don't know how long Dreammerchant has been teaching and how old she is, but I am 58 and I quit teaching...because I couldn't deal with the change in the children's behaviour and their attitude. A lot of parents had the same expectation you have. Teachers are expected to do the work parents should be doing at home. I quit teaching because the majority of children don't show teachers or elders for that matter any respect. You say that children look up to you.....yes in Kindergarden and first or second graders....but that's it. And also it's not just black kids.....

Teaching children starts at home....don't expect a teacher to perform miracles.

English is not my native tongue....I hope though that I do not come across as patronizing or condescending... as that isn't my intention.

Thank you Duchess! I am 34 and I am a second year teacher. I taught high school math for a year but thought it would be more fun to teach middle school. I love teaching and sharing knowledge. I will teach for another 5 years and if the policies do not change then I am done.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 6th February 2011, 12:03 am

lmao @ TIFFY2 hahaha smh i had to laugh at that one but hey we never know if we don't go there maybe they packing Hilshire go beef for all we know lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 6th February 2011, 12:11 am

i lived in japan for 4 years when i was younger and from what i can remember they loved our culture, dialect, and features. My mom had many friends who were form Tokyo that would come to our house to enjoy our cooking, music, and atmosphere period. For her to say Asian men would never date African American women is stupid!! They are just as interested in our cultures as we might be with theirs. I love being around different cultures and im sure many others do as well.
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 6th February 2011, 2:09 am

Why were you in Japan Rayray? Military? What part? I was there also, many moons ago, but went to school and experienced the living. Only thing I hated was I couldn't buy many clothes and no shoes, they are soo darn little.

I also agree with you, the men were interested, and the people were very friendly to african americans.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Music8192 6th February 2011, 2:48 am

@ DreamMerchant

Although I've never been in your classroom and I wish I could observe it, the craziness and attitudes is expected. (at least from my perspective) Now I don't know where your from, and what the environment is like and what the standards are for schools. However, I can definitely understand how hard it is to try to teach for 90 mins a day to unruly kids. And yes some of these kids now a days don't have any manners, curse out whom ever, no respect for anyone. And no behavior can change overnight. Of course its not gonna change over night or even at all. Teaching is NOT an easy job and it takes a special person to teach.

You say your CHILDREN that you teach in your classroom, act the same way as the woman mentioned in the video, and you wonder why the children you observed from schools in your district all act the same or similar and I don't wonder why. Yes, I feel like we should hold children accountable but because they are children,however they get whatever they have learned or been TAUGHT from the adult or LACK of one. Now I know I never disrespected any adult in my life. And if I did, I was punished for it. When i was growing up too I never acted like how these kids act today.

I'm from New York City, and Obama, In his most recent state of union address said that, 25% of our BLACK kids are NOT graduating from HIGH SCHOOL. I believe the number is greater. Now I know that some black children fit the stereotype, and YES I 110% agree that it should not be up to the teacher to have to discipline children or "change" them. Sometimes the parent is not around, the parent could be young, (not saying that YOUNG parents are bad parents just saying A LOT of YOUNG GIRLS are still getting pregnant.) the child could be abused, hanging out with the wrong crowd, not enough discipline in the home etc. There could be a MILLION of reasons as to WHY some of our black children act the way they act and fit the stereotype. At the end of the day, whether the teacher wanted it or not, who ever else is the adult has to step in. The system now a days, doesn't want ANY form of "corporal punishment" to the children. IE, time out, taking away extra-curricular activities, like gym, art, music etc.-->( IN which they are trying to get rid of but i digress.) So the system in its self isn't holding the children accountable and it's like they just keep them in a place that doesn't allow them to learn and doesn't allow them to grow. It's almost as if the system is set up for them to fail and go farther away from succeeding. And if the parents are not discipling or setting up that structure on the importance of education, its like a pendulum just swinging black and forth. And no one wants to take control and stop it.

That women in the video, failed to have COMMON SENSE and perhaps a lack of CRITICAL THINKING. The whole purpose of an education is so that kids won't be as narrow minded as that woman in the video. But people are delusional regardless. And it can be hard to teach children how to think when they don't want to learn and refuse to open their brain. A lack discipline is only part of the problem. It's the communities, resources, who's in charge( people with NO experience in the classroom) and oh yea MONEY. But thats an issue by it's self.

I don't mean to come of as pushy I just had to state my point of view on your statement because I want to be a teacher and just this whole caca with that delusional woman on youtube.
Music8192
Music8192

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 6th February 2011, 12:54 pm

Lakeisha wrote:Let's be real. If the color of your skin is black. The world see you as a black person no matter where you are from!

Totally agree with you. My mother used to tell my brother and I one drop of black blood makes you black!! People don't care how light or mixed you are. You're considered black!!! And its soooo true.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 6th February 2011, 5:44 pm

Emartini04 wrote:
Lakeisha wrote:Let's be real. If the color of your skin is black. The world see you as a black person no matter where you are from!

Totally agree with you. My mother used to tell my brother and I one drop of black blood makes you black!! People don't care how light or mixed you are. You're considered black!!! And its soooo true.

Idk I dont think that one drop rule goes as extensively as it used to just cause race doesn't effect every little thing we do anymore. Some may see this woman as just black and not do a double take but I would probably ask where she is from just cause to me she looks more foreign.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 6th February 2011, 6:04 pm

I watched 10 seconds and turned it off. Oh forgive me, but I simply could not get past her face (meaty is a good way to describe it) and her forced "proper" speech.

Tired of people telling black women that we have issues!!! We good!
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next