CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixed Silk anyone?

5 posters

Go down

Mixed Silk anyone? Empty Mixed Silk anyone?

Post by elleeccentric 2nd February 2011, 5:12 pm

Hey ladies!
I took a trip to Sally's today in search of the infamous tangle teezer that everyone is raving about. I ran across this product that caught my eye:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Its supposed to be Sally's knock-off version of Mixed Chicks. I've never tried mixed chicks so i'm interested to see how this knock off version will affect my hair. I just did some research on it and I found a review that EmpressRi did for it:empressri review she had pretty good things to say.

Has anyone ever tried this product?!
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Mixed Silk anyone? Empty Re: Mixed Silk anyone?

Post by letha 2nd February 2011, 6:12 pm

I think she has tried just about everything.. lol I will have to check that review out you know I saw this the other day in Sallys and just looked at it and I was like this sounds similar to something now I know.. lol I hate to give this a try.. Embarassed

They also have a deep conditioner for $5.99 that is the price for all 3 $5.99 each.. Shampoo conditioner and leave in
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 2nd February 2011, 6:29 pm

Oh no! You all have just brought out the product junkie in me.... Neutral
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 2nd February 2011, 7:18 pm

I actually just tried Mixed Silk this weekend. There were pros and cons.

The biggest con being the smell...it's way too perfumy for me, almost enough that I wouldn't repurchase!! The smell fades but if you have a sensitive nose, you'll smell it all day. The only other mildy negative thing is that its not very moisturizing. My hair felt soft but definitely not as moisturized as with some other products. Not moisturized but not dry.

Now for the pros! I actually like the consistency. For my hair, I've found that "slimy" stylers work well. It weighed my hair down enough for tame hair the 1st day but the 2nd day it was pretty big and wild, which is also good. My final pro is the shine! I always gravitate to shine-enhancing products and this one delivers. Oh and I didn't have to use much to get good results which says a lot (my hair is BSL and THICK)!

I tried Mixed Chicks and loved it at first but it become very drying to me and made my hair feel waxy/ coated. The textures of the products are very different but I love both. Mixed Chicks is a lot creamier and I had to use quite a bit to get good results.

All in all, I'd recommend smelling Mixed Silk first then, if you can get past the smell, try it! Hope that helps!
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 2nd February 2011, 7:52 pm

oooo! Awesome! someone who has tried it!.....
The cashier actually suggested i give it a wiff because it "smells so good". I'm not too sensitive to scents, and i liked the scent when i smelled it so i dont think that'll be a major con for me. I plan on trying it this weekend. Nice to know that it worked pretty well (minus the smell). My hair loves slimy/creamy products as well so I hope this one is no different
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 2nd February 2011, 7:54 pm

I saw this on another forum but I did not want to contribute to anyone's relapse. Even when you post a warning, rookie and veteran PJs will come in a post "just to take a look."

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Takeya 21st February 2011, 11:41 am

Ok, I have been using this product for almost a month and I must say I'm beginning to HATE IT! The smell is truly annoying to me, almost overpowering likes someone who sprays a bunch of perfume trying to cover up nasty body oder...UGH!

It still dries soft but, because I feel like I have to add so much underneath for moisture, my hair feels coated with product. I still have over half a bottle left, even with my daughter slathering it on her hair, and I'm not sure if I can stand to use it anymore. Right now, it's the conditioner-only method for me!

Have any of you ladies had better success?
Takeya
Takeya

http://www.justtakeya.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down