CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curls...first time purchase

+10
Chelnmike816
kekesmum
kim
naturallynola
AimWard
cagebird
kelleemudiva
Fleur
mrshec4
morenachula
14 posters

Go down

Curls...first time purchase Empty Curls...first time purchase

Post by morenachula 29th January 2011, 3:25 pm

Okay, okay so the PJ in me came out in Target last night. You would think with my daughter's upcoming birthday party I wouldn't dare be out purchasing anything for myself. I purchased three Curls products and I plan to test em out this evening. I got curl creme brule, lavish curls moisturizer, and goddess curls. Pics and a review soon. What curls products have you used and what did you think?
morenachula
morenachula

Back to top Go down

Curls...first time purchase Empty Re: Curls...first time purchase

Post by mrshec4 29th January 2011, 6:47 pm

i used the goddess curls and it did absolutely nothing for my hair im sorry to say im not a fan

mrshec4

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 29th January 2011, 7:15 pm

They're hit or miss for some people. The only one that I had a serious problem with was the "moisturizer". It goes on so slippery and great, but giiiirrrrrrrl, that stuff dries up to a dull, crunchy mess. I tried to tweak it a few times, but it wasn't worth it.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 30th January 2011, 1:14 am

I like the crem brule from the curls line. Its one of the first products that I bought when I went natural. I'm in love with the SheaMoisture line right now.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by cagebird 30th January 2011, 2:49 am

I love the Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream, but this one isn't sold at Target it's only sold online. I'm still trying to find out the difference between the stuff they sell online, and the line they sell at Target.
cagebird
cagebird

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AimWard 30th January 2011, 3:37 am

I've tried the coconut curlada conditioner and the goddess curls.
The coconut curlada was meh, no slip and so-so moisture.
The goddess curls was okay. I would give it a higher rating, but I used 1/2 of the bottle in one setting and the hold factor was similar to conditioner only styling (maybe a little more). My 1st day hair was blah, 2nd day hair was okay, but 3rd day and beyond was the bomb.
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 30th January 2011, 5:46 pm

Morena, how did the products work for you? I like the Brule. I use it sometimes if I need to moisturize during the week and rebraid. It doesn't have hold, but anyone whose hair likes lotion consistency products would do well with it, I imagine. I also have the Goddess Gel. I am not a big gel fan, but I thought it was fine to do edges or small jobs. I never tried to do a major styling like wash-n-go with it. Also, I tried the cleansing cream, but did not like it. I did not get the clean feeling I like, so I use it on my feet. Almost all gone now. So, it did serve a purpose--LOL

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 31st January 2011, 10:03 am

I have been using the cleansing creme and agree with naturallynola doesn't cleanse well enough but is stripping and the gel is for light hold though they smell yummy
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 31st January 2011, 11:22 am

Love your new avi Kim. You look so sassy! Me too. Love that coconut smell--yum yum

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmum 1st February 2011, 9:16 pm

Can anybody explain the difference between the Curls products at Target and the ones online? I can buy the online products here in Canada but we don't have a Target and you all are naming products I haven't seen before!

I use Curls for my daughter. Mostly their kids line but from the adult line I get her the Hair Ecstasy Deep Conditioner which I love, and the Whipped Cream which I didn't like because her kept going dry and crunchy.

kekesmum

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 1st February 2011, 10:50 pm

kelleemudiva wrote:I like the crem brule from the curls line. Its one of the first products that I bought when I went natural. I'm in love with the SheaMoisture line right now.

I'm thinking of getting the Creme Brulee.Did it have any hold? Is it moisturizing?

Thanks

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 2nd February 2011, 12:55 am

[quote]
It doesn't have any hold but it is is moisturizing.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 6th February 2011, 4:43 pm

I tried most of their stuff.

Their cleansing creme wasn't bad and I like their Coconut sublime conditioner. Their curl scouffle is cool and i hate their curls moisturizer. I had to use way too much and it dried my hair out. Also the curls gelsc I love and curls goddess is good but too thick but I would use again only in the summer. Hmmm the whipped cream isnt bad but for the first two days your hair will feel sticky.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 6th February 2011, 5:30 pm

cagebird wrote:I love the Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream, but this one isn't sold at Target it's only sold online. I'm still trying to find out the difference between the stuff they sell online, and the line they sell at Target.

They sell the curlicious curls cleansing cream at Rickys. I purchased mine from there (in nyc)
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bkd2j 9th February 2011, 2:22 am

kekesmum wrote:Can anybody explain the difference between the Curls products at Target and the ones online? I can buy the online products here in Canada but we don't have a Target and you all are naming products I haven't seen before!

I use Curls for my daughter. Mostly their kids line but from the adult line I get her the Hair Ecstasy Deep Conditioner which I love, and the Whipped Cream which I didn't like because her kept going dry and crunchy.

The Curls line at Target is the sister line to the products online. They have different ingredients and Target only offers about 4 or 5 products total. They were put in Target to supply the Curls line to consumers who wanted to try the line but thought it was too pricey, basically. It makes me think they cut corners though because I havent heard anyone rave about the products at Target like I have about the ones online. You can also order from CurlMart.com along with some other things.
bkd2j
bkd2j

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 9th February 2011, 12:33 pm

I believe the products online are organic and the products at Target are not.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by morenachula 5th March 2011, 4:22 pm

I swear for the life of me I couldn't find this thread to save my life. I like the gel and I prefer the creme brulee stuff for my daughter's hair. I used the gel for a flat twist out. I can't ever remember to use the lavish curls stuff. I would say I'm gonna post pics...but I'm kinda lazy when it comes to uploading. *sigh*
morenachula
morenachula

Back to top Go down

Post by RNgirlly 15th March 2011, 8:42 pm

The Curls line and the one they sell at target I've heard is a little different. I've read reviews of people saying when they've ordered Curls online they loved it but when they went to target and bought that line it affected their hair differently. When I read Curls it said it's "sister line" is sold at target. So to me that means something is different.

RNgirlly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down