CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cutting out the Color

3 posters

Go down

Cutting out the Color Empty Cutting out the Color

Post by DarlingCocoa 27th January 2011, 5:57 pm

Ok so last April I had my hair professionally dyed an aurburn color. Fast forward 9 months and no matter how much I condition and moisturize the colored part of my hair is still very dry and brittle. So I ve come to the decision that the best thing to do is to cut all of the color off No Needless to say this really bums me out! My friends and boyfriend are really against it which is making me second guess my decision but isnt healthy hair more important than length? I know once I cut it that it will begin to grow super fast again because before I colored my hair was growing wonderfully, but Im a little nervous and all the nay sayers arent helping me at all. Sorry for the long rant but I knew if anyone would understand it would be you guys I love you
DarlingCocoa
DarlingCocoa

Back to top Go down

Cutting out the Color Empty Re: Cutting out the Color

Post by LoveZaporiah 27th January 2011, 7:36 pm

It's your hair. Do what feels right for you. And yes, healthy hair is better than long hair any day.
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 29th January 2011, 3:02 pm

Um no do not cut the color off. Is it just dry or falling out and splitting up the strand?

if it's just dry continue to do moisture treatments, and then get a 1 inch trim every 4 months until the dye is gone, that way your hair stays the same length..or a half inch trim every 2 months

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by DarlingCocoa 4th February 2011, 7:20 pm

krys315 wrote:Um no do not cut the color off. Is it just dry or falling out and splitting up the strand?

if it's just dry continue to do moisture treatments, and then get a 1 inch trim every 4 months until the dye is gone, that way your hair stays the same length..or a half inch trim every 2 months

I did try to do this, three mini trims to be exact. I dont think its falling out per say but the colored part feels like straw. If I braid out tuesday by thursday I feel like Im working with day 6 hair!! I did a bentonite treatment and it felt 10 times dryer!! So while researching on the web I read that the clay removes ALL toxins and synthetic proteins that products use to mask damage and that if you put chemically colored hair under a microscope it would look like swiss cheese pale needless to say that freaked me out. so basically the clay just unveiled the true damage to my colored tresses. Anywho Im waiting until warmer months to make the final decision so until then ill keep with the moisture regimine.......
DarlingCocoa
DarlingCocoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down