CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!! Is this an acceptable finger coil?

+13
LadyMika
DreamMerchant
natalie24
Chelnmike816
MissyCee
CurlyNMixed
sweetdrk1
LoveZaporiah
naturallynola
PrincessRN
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Nikole
17 posters

Go down

Help!! Is this an acceptable finger coil? Empty Help!! Is this an acceptable finger coil?

Post by Nikole 22nd January 2011, 1:53 am

Hello Ladies, so I am at this in-between length where I feel I can't do wash and go's anymore and I still can't get my twists to stay. So I tried finger coils. After 31/2 hours I KIND of like it...but I'm really not sure if looks right.They are kind of big but my curls are that size so that's just how my hair likes to be I guess. My husband said it looks "fine"....that didn't make me feel better!! So please let me know if you think this is ok to wear out! Thanks in advance!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nikole
Nikole

Back to top Go down

Help!! Is this an acceptable finger coil? Empty Re: Help!! Is this an acceptable finger coil?

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 22nd January 2011, 2:32 am

I think it's cute!!!! I'd rock it!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Help!! Is this an acceptable finger coil? Empty Re: Help!! Is this an acceptable finger coil?

Post by rayray19 22nd January 2011, 4:11 am

very cute!!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 22nd January 2011, 1:22 pm

I agree. Definitely cute!!!
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd January 2011, 1:46 pm

Nikole,

I am with the others. I like it. Reality check--there will be different points when you will be at an "odd" or in-between stage or length. That is part of the journey, so don't let it get to you. If you haven't, peruse Youtube and the various bloggers online. Really, just take time out to do your own experimenting. One of my fav YTers is "Curlychronicles." Her name is actually Autumn. Last night I was looking at one of her earlier videos and she said: don't be afraid to get in there and experiment with your hair and get to know it. I think that is great advice and promotes patience, knowledge, adventure, realistic expectations (because you will begin to notice what YOUR hair will and will not do and what it likes), and confidence.

Not sure what you meant when you said you couldn't get twists to stay. But, if you are talking about preventing 2 strand twists from unraveling spontaneously, that is not unusual if you are transitioning. Flat twisting is a solution for that. If you are natural and the twists don't stay together, I have seen many discuss dipping the ends in water to prevent unraveling. Also, what products are you using and are you twisting on dry or wet hair. This information will help naturals chime in productively.

And from that beautiful finger coil you did, you can transition to a COIL OUT Smile

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd January 2011, 7:05 pm

i don't see no problem.....as long as u like it, that's all that should matter Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveZaporiah 22nd January 2011, 7:55 pm

i love it and would so rock it. how'd you do it?
LoveZaporiah
LoveZaporiah

http://lovezaporiah.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 22nd January 2011, 10:21 pm

Very very cute! I love the size! You can definitely rock it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Help!! Is this an acceptable finger coil? Empty You guys are amazing!! Thank you!

Post by Nikole 22nd January 2011, 11:46 pm

Thank you so much ladies! I don't mind saying that I was feeling insecure about the style because it doesn't look like the "traditional" finger coil. That being said I did indeed wear them out today. I have little support on my natural journey so I really appreciate the encouragement!

@LoveZaporiah- I co-washed, sealed with jojoba oil. Then I started from the back and took sections ( I didn't part) put echo gel on each section and twirled it around my finger to the ends. Hope that helps.. also check out You tube for finger coiling.

Thanks again ladies!

Nikole
Nikole

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyNMixed 23rd January 2011, 1:16 am

I think it looks gorgeous!
CurlyNMixed
CurlyNMixed

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 23rd January 2011, 2:37 pm

Very nice!!! You must have big fingers!!!! Laughing Really though great job!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 23rd January 2011, 9:26 pm

Very Cute!

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie24 23rd January 2011, 10:46 pm

thats really pretty

natalie24

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 24th January 2011, 12:16 am

I like it!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 24th January 2011, 11:54 am

Girl please, you look GREAT! cheers
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ftiffrenee 24th January 2011, 12:12 pm

I like it alot!
ftiffrenee
ftiffrenee

http://www.fotki.com/ftiffrenee

Back to top Go down

Post by mrscoutrmmm 24th January 2011, 11:15 pm

WOW, Pretty! How long did that bad boy take?

mrscoutrmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 29th January 2011, 6:47 am

I know I'm all late-n-stuff,

but that is TOO CUTE!!!

I wish I could wear mine out
(they don't look that great)
so I wear mine to bed
and coil-out in the AM. lol!
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 29th January 2011, 11:57 am

Yes, really, really cute!!

@Sweet Tee - I like that idea of finger coiling to go to bed and wearing a coil-out in the morning. I will def try that! How long does it take for you to finger coil, though?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 29th January 2011, 5:34 pm

@ Butterfly-

Usually no more than 10 minutes
and that's if I am really watchin' tv and taking my time.
They are not pretty, no real pattern or anything.

But it gets the job done!
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 29th January 2011, 10:23 pm

Sweet Tee, thanks for the pic! This is exactly what I need...something simple that doesn't take a lot of time.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 30th January 2011, 3:21 am

Butterfly125 wrote:Sweet Tee, thanks for the pic! This is exactly what I need...something simple that doesn't take a lot of time.

YW Butterfly!

You sound like me-
Just wanna keep it simple!!

Here are my coil outs (for today).

Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 30th January 2011, 1:55 pm

Very pretty, Sweet Tee! Very Happy
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 30th January 2011, 11:19 pm

Sweet Tee, what did you use? Was that a dry finger coil? I just did my first and used IC gel. Came out pretty good. I did one to last a few days so mine took about 2 hours, plus. I was reading my schoolwork and twisting and listening to music.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 31st January 2011, 2:58 am

MissyCee wrote:Sweet Tee, what did you use? Was that a dry finger coil? I just did my first and used IC gel. Came out pretty good. I did one to last a few days so mine took about 2 hours, plus. I was reading my schoolwork and twisting and listening to music.

After I BSW,
I use Qhemet BRBC (about 2-3 fingers-full) massage thru on wet hair
**I love this stuff!! Makes my hair SOOO soft!!**
I also add a touch of FX Curls Up
let dry

Then dry finger coil hair @ bedtime

Next day I add maybe a 1/2 finger of BRBC

THAT'S IT!!!

I usually do not add anything else
to my hair the rest of the week.

@Butterfly- THANX!!

Last edited by Sweet Tee on 31st January 2011, 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down